Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, this is the thing that is really rude, IMO. If they don't stick to the estimates,how can people make sane decisions? Clearly, they are not guarantees, but when you see others getting their cars with the same or a minorly tweaked config (wheels, autopilot vs FSD) then you almost have to assume that the logistics team is getting drunk and throwing darts at a map on Friday afternoons.
They know we will buy the car regardless. And those that cancel, they are willing to take that chance since the demand is greater than supply.

They know we will buy the car regardless. And those that cancel, they are willing to take that chance since the demand is greater than supply.
That doesn't mean that we have to like it ;-) Well something changed in my account....I think the insurance changed from a "plus" to a "check" and "vin" appears more times in the source.....looking for any positive signs and grasping at straws.

That doesn't mean that we have to like it ;-) Well something changed in my account....I think the insurance changed from a "plus" to a "check" and "vin" appears more times in the source.....looking for any positive signs and grasping at straws.

I don't even see the VIN yet in my source code... and my insurance is not a check mark... so it seems like you're further ahead than me... Good luck!

Ordered on Jan. 2nd with estimated delivery 4-7 weeks.
Got delivery timing update Jan. 24th saying delivery in 1-3 weeks.
Got second delivery timing update yesterday (Feb 6) saying delivery in 2-5 weeks.

Sent email to delivery agents without any reply. Very frustrating experience so far.

Ordered on Jan. 2nd with estimated delivery 4-7 weeks.
Got delivery timing update Jan. 24th saying delivery in 1-3 weeks.
Got second delivery timing update yesterday (Feb 6) saying delivery in 2-5 weeks.

Sent email to delivery agents without any reply. Very frustrating experience so far.
Yeah. I poked my SA this morning and he said that none of his customers that have ordered this year have gotten a delivery yet. I'm trying to figure out if they're having production issues (doesn't seem to be the case since people are getting the same/very similar configs as mine) or if the scheduling software/process just stinks. I'd be inclined to believe the latter except that you'd think a tech company could figure out how to minimize the wait time. I mean most fast food places have the order queue with a 'time since order' clock ticking away right there so its not rocket science.

There appear to be 4 LR models with white/black interiors in the Los Angeles area (2 in Santa Barbara + 2 in Costa Mesa)... I'm waiting on an SR+ otherwise I'd consider it...
Yep. Broke down and got one of the SB ones. Had to change my color and wheels... But whatever. I don't want to wait 4-7 more weeks. But I called and they said the car has not left Fremont yet... So... I'm not 100% sure it actually exists. Have not cancelled my original order yet.

Yep. Broke down and got one of the SB ones. Had to change my color and wheels... But whatever. I don't want to wait 4-7 more weeks. But I called and they said the car has not left Fremont yet... So... I'm not 100% sure it actually exists. Have not cancelled my original order yet.

Wow Congrats! Hopefully you'll get it quickly! Keep us updated on the delivery process and the ownership experience...

Reactions: SteveS1979
Wow Congrats! Hopefully you'll get it quickly! Keep us updated on the delivery process and the ownership experience...
Will do... But I guess this eliminates the cars-rejected-by-the-people-who-ordered-them theory...

I have noticed that all the LRs and SRs that have landed in inventory recently have the 19" wheels, I wonder if the aero wheels are the reason for the delay of my original order.

Will do... But I guess this eliminates the cars-rejected-by-the-people-who-ordered-them theory...

I have noticed that all the LRs and SRs that have landed in inventory recently have the 19" wheels, I wonder if the aero wheels are the reason for the delay of my original order.

Well... I ordered the 19" wheels and I was thinking I should have just gone with the aero wheels to get them quicker :)

All the inventory cars I've seen the last two days also have the white/black interior and I'm wondering it that's the key...

Anyway, I'm going to keep my eye on the inventory for SR+ with black interior... The wait is agonizing!!!

Well... I ordered the 19" wheels and I was thinking I should have just gone with the aero wheels to get them quicker :)

All the inventory cars I've seen the last two days also have the white/black interior and I'm wondering it that's the key...

Anyway, I'm going to keep my eye on the inventory for SR+ with black interior... The wait is agonizing!!!
I think I only saw one black interior out of the dozen or so cars I've seen pop in and out of inventory. That one was either a performance or an LR (or a hallucination... I am going a tad wee bit crazy through this - tell me I'm the only one!)