Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That actually makes sense... my inventory order in SoCal 2 days ago was MSM LR AWD, 19" Wheels, White Interior. My original order was black interior/aero wheels, but the wait was killing me and I kind of fell in love with the white interior after my last test drive.

I'm not sure if it was a rejected order, because everything about it is pretty much perfect as far as I can tell. I went nuts with the checklist when I picked it up. It also has a 2/20 build date with 6 miles on the odometer, and I got it on the 5th.

I think I only saw one black interior out of the dozen or so cars I've seen pop in and out of inventory. That one was either a performance or an LR (or a hallucination... I am going a tad wee bit crazy through this - tell me I'm the only one!)
No you're not the only one. There's real anxiety involved for sure. I know that I've had to adjust my work schedule which just throws everything off kilter....

If you don't have a vin, how can the insurance step be check marked?
Yeah, I don't know. I was originally waiting on the VIN before I put my insurance in, but apparently that was a mistake. I'm guessing that someone just had to manually verify that the information that I entered about my insurance matched what was on the card and that triggered the check mark. If gargantila had been 'upgraded' to a check mark as well, I might have thought that it was just a web site update. Time will tell.

That actually makes sense... my inventory order in SoCal 2 days ago was MSM LR AWD, 19" Wheels, White Interior. My original order was black interior/aero wheels, but the wait was killing me and I kind of fell in love with the white interior after my last test drive.

I'm not sure if it was a rejected order, because everything about it is pretty much perfect as far as I can tell. I went nuts with the checklist when I picked it up. It also has a 2/20 build date with 6 miles on the odometer, and I got it on the 5th.
If I get the one I plucked from inventory, you and I will have the same car.

1/18/20- I ordered my black M3 LR with estimated delivery 7-10 weeks.
1/23- Got delivery timing update saying delivery in 4-8 weeks.
2/6- Got second delivery timing update saying delivery in 3-7 weeks from 2/6.

It's amazing how easy it is to order but it's frustrating with constant change in dates.

Ordered white on white M3 SR non plus on 02/03/2020, with delivery 8-10 weeks.
The day after the car was matched with available inventory (didn't show up online), delivered on 02/07/2020.

This is the cheapest - minus the white interior - least powerful Tesla ever produced - still blows my mind.

2/06 I got a text saying delivery is estimated to be end if March for all California customers. Messaged also said that completed profiles will get priority in getting matched a vehicle.

Later the same day, shortly after submitting the title for my trade in, I got another message saying my new wait time is 3-7 weeks. The wait time is basically my original estimate of 7-10 weeks on 1/10.

2/06 I got a text saying delivery is estimated to be end if March for all California customers. Messaged also said that completed profiles will get priority in getting matched a vehicle.

Later the same day, shortly after submitting the title for my trade in, I got another message saying my new wait time is 3-7 weeks. The wait time is basically my original estimate of 7-10 weeks on 1/10.

Share the text screen shot :)

No you're not the only one. There's real anxiety involved for sure. I know that I've had to adjust my work schedule which just throws everything off kilter....
Now I find myself in this situation... (Wait let me take personal responsibility - actions I took got me here, I didn't "find" anything)... My second choice car (LR, MSS,19"s,white,FSD) will be ready for pickup Friday. My first choice (LR,white,aero,white,FSD) is supposedly 4-7 weeks out (we all know this is best case).

Yesterday I hit buy on the second choice car because I thought I would get it the same day... Now that I know it's still a week away, I'm wondering if I should just hold out for the first choice.

Just sort of thinking out loud here (in a public forum) I understand I ultimately need to figure out my own priorities... Bird in the hand vs getting exactly what I want.

Just sort of thinking out loud here (in a public forum) I understand I ultimately need to figure out my own priorities... Bird in the hand vs getting exactly what I want.
Getting a car sooner is appealing, but you don't know how much sooner. You could show up to Marina Del Rey and see the original car you ordered being presented to another person.. At this point I don't really trust that the second car is any closer since they already lied about it's location.

Reactions: SteveS1979
Now I find myself in this situation... (Wait let me take personal responsibility - actions I took got me here, I didn't "find" anything)... My second choice car (LR, MSS,19"s,white,FSD) will be ready for pickup Friday. My first choice (LR,white,aero,white,FSD) is supposedly 4-7 weeks out (we all know this is best case).

Yesterday I hit buy on the second choice car because I thought I would get it the same day... Now that I know it's still a week away, I'm wondering if I should just hold out for the first choice.

Personally if I had a guarantee that I would be getting a car that is very similar to my original order in about a week (and I didn't mind the exterior color) or waiting most likely at least another month (possibly longer) for my original order... I would go for my second choice in one week... But if you really want your first choice and are willing to wait... all indications are we're going to be getting our Model 3s in March (when the SoCal deliveries start)... Maybe just wait until you pick up your 2nd choice and make sure there are no issues with it... if all is well... just cancel your original order...

Or if you really want to push it... pick up the car... drive it around for 6 days or so and see if you get a delivery text on your original order... if you get the text... take the second choice Model 3 back and say you'd like to return it (I think we have 7 days to return?) and then go pick up your original order :)

Personally if I had a guarantee that I would be getting a car that is very similar to my original order in about a week (and I didn't mind the exterior color) or waiting most likely at least another month (possibly longer) for my original order... I would go for my second choice in one week... But if you really want your first choice and are willing to wait... all indications are we're going to be getting our Model 3s in March (when the SoCal deliveries start)... Maybe just wait until you pick up your 2nd choice and make sure there are no issues with it... if all is well... just cancel your original order...

Or if you really want to push it... pick up the car... drive it around for 6 days or so and see if you get a delivery text on your original order... if you get the text... take the second choice Model 3 back and say you'd like to return it (I think we have 7 days to return?) and then go pick up your original order :)

You know what... scratch the return the second choice part... according to this article you can't do that: Tesla is barring customers from buying the same version of the model they returned for 12 months

You know what... scratch the return the second choice part... according to this article you can't do that: Tesla is barring customers from buying the same version of the model they returned for 12 months
Good to know! I have scheduled pick up for Friday afternoon... Have not paid yet. Still thinking. I do like the MSM more than the white, just not $1000 more. I think I might be bummed about the wheels though. I would really prefer the aero wheels. That will probably end up being the deciding factor in the end. How bad do I want the 3% more efficient wheels. Edit: that and the $2500 difference overall.

Good to know! I have scheduled pick up for Friday afternoon... Have not paid yet. Still thinking. I do like the MSM more than the white, just not $1000 more. I think I might be bummed about the wheels though. I would really prefer the aero wheels. That will probably end up being the deciding factor in the end. How bad do I want the 3% more efficient wheels. Edit: that and the $2500 difference overall.

I am not crazy about the aero wheels myself and notice most people are taking the "hubcaps" off... but yea... another month or so of wait could be $2500 cheaper... Decisions decisions... :)

Good luck!

Reactions: SteveS1979