Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a long range model 3 in white with 19 inch rims on July 21. When I placed the order the the delivery estimate was 4-8 weeks

I just got an automated text message today from Tesla indicating my order will be ready for delivery 5-8 weeks from today.

Pretty frustrated about this...

same here. Ordered LR AWD White/Black/18” aero with FSD (07/25). At the time of order delivery timeline was 5-9 weeks. Now after 2 weeks I got the same text message: expected delivery is 5-8 weeks from today. It is quite frustrating, I have to plan my parking and charging situation and I can’t do that until I have some certainty on delivery timeline.
Hoping that Tesla pushes out M3s now that have been in backlog since July. Fingers crossed

Reactions: TimCMass
After looking at the spreadsheet, it looks like the bulk of Model 3 USA cars are delivered during the last month of the quarter. That is in line with what I’ve heard on podcasts about Tesla building overseas cars first due to longer delivery times. I also got the 5-8 week text which puts delivery in last month of quarter.

I would imagine Elon Musk wants to get a massive push of Model 3's and Y's out prior to the end of Q3 so he can emphasize it on the earnings call. I texted my my sales guy here on Long Island yesterday to see if he could see any more info (VIN and or delivery estimate), and although he didn't see anything more than I can, he told me he has 60 Model 3's in my area that are all awaiting the same delivery window as me. I thought that was an insane amount of Model 3 pending orders for our area given the pandemic impact and such.

Just saw online that delivery timeline for New M3 (all trims) is 3-7 weeks for most locations- this is for NJ.
It's ridiculous

Attachments

• 22568200-43A2-416F-A183-848A8F5F51B2.png
    22568200-43A2-416F-A183-848A8F5F51B2.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 82
I second this. I think the end of this month/early next month we’re going to see a huge influx of orders getting filled. They’ll probably want to try to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of Q3.

This wait with no communication or updates is not fun at all though.
I would go as far as saying it's extremely disappointing. At the same time, though, I have never had a good experience with any car company.

I don’t think I even have a sales associate or advisor? Only communication I’ve had is the order confirmation email when I placed the order almost a month ago. Does one typically reach out to you?

I got a call from my sales associate the same day I placed the order online. Not sure if i't's typical or not, but it seems like other folks on here also have sales associates