Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, first time poster. Got pretty excited today when they finally texted me.

I ordered the M3 SR+ on 7/7 and got almost the same text message today but slightly different than what everyone else got:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your model 3 to be ready for delivery 2 - 5 weeks from today. We'll continue to provide updates as your estimated timing gets closer. Please note this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

Original delivery was 4-9 weeks from the order date so I still fall inside the same estimate from my original order. I'm judging since everyone else seems to have the 4-week message today that I'll probably not get the M3 until week 4ish as well.

Reactions: TimCMass
Ordered my SR+ on 6/29
Got the automated text

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 2 - 5 weeks from today. We'll continue to provide updates as your estimated timing gets closer.

Initial ETA was 8-12 week so it sounds like it's on schedule

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

Hi

Completely new hear so I have probably not seen an answer to my question!

I ordered my first Tesla Model 3 LR on 27 July (very excited), but I have not heard anything from Tesla in respect of delivery times etc. I was told at the point of ordering that it will be September.

Does anyone have any realistic idea of when I should be able to take delivery?

Thanks in advance

Hi

Completely new hear so I have probably not seen an answer to my question!

I ordered my first Tesla Model 3 LR on 27 July (very excited), but I have not heard anything from Tesla in respect of delivery times etc. I was told at the point of ordering that it will be September.

Does anyone have any realistic idea of when I should be able to take delivery?

Thanks in advance
Based on previous delivery history, expecting a September delivery is reasonable. We are in Q3 (July-September) and Tesla focuses on North American deliveries in the second half of the quarter and goes full speed right up until the last day of the quarter. From what I've heard on here, they work from east to west coast so realistically I'd anticipate mid-September. Or convince yourself you wont get the car until 9/30 and make the wait easier on yourself :).

I ordered on July 12 with 4-8 weeks estimated delivery but received a text last week that said I was 5-8 weeks out (from text message date). Called my local store and got different timelines from different people. It does seem the general concensus is deliveries should ramp up towards EOQ so Tesla can make their investors happy when they report Q3 earnings :)

I ordered on July 12 with 4-8 weeks estimated delivery but received a text last week that said I was 5-8 weeks out (from text message date). Called my local store and got different timelines from different people. It does seem the general concensus is deliveries should ramp up towards EOQ so Tesla can make their investors happy when they report Q3 earnings :)
yeah... it's just a lot of people guessing how fast the factory can operate.

For what it's worth - just called the delivery team in Indianapolis. Asked for an update on my M3P order from 7/6. He said they have a few performance models waiting on VINs so in his estimation I should have a VIN in the next week or two then obviously delivery 2 weeks from that point. He said don't hold him to it but I should take delivery in 2-4 weeks.

Reactions: artdawg
Very odd...this morning on my order screen it is showing "prepare for delivery" and looking for me to finalize payment/financing details like I had to do when placing the order. No VIN or anything else showing. It looks like a step backwards in the ordering screens. Anyone else?

Very odd...this morning on my order screen it is showing "prepare for delivery" and looking for me to finalize payment/financing details like I had to do when placing the order. No VIN or anything else showing. It looks like a step backwards in the ordering screens. Anyone else?

My status has said that since I applied for financing. Now I’m just paying the waiting game to be assigned a VIN.

just spoke to my delivery team and they said i should expect a vin around the 24th and delivery first week of september

ordered july 27th. white SR+

Where did you place the order? I placed it for pick up in Springfield NJ on 07/25.

My associate said something similar- worst case end of this month for Vin. And then maybe 2 weeks for delivery. So preparing myself for a mid to late Sept. Sooner will be a delight

So I originally ordered a model 3 LR on July 15th and on August 12 I switched the order to the performance. My wait time went from 3-7 weeks with the text I received Monday to 3-5 when I switched to performance.
Just today I get a phone call saying they have me a match and I can take delivery tomorrow!!!! What a surprise!