Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info... I’m supposed to be picking up from Burbank too but haven’t been contacted to schedule delivery yet. Ordered back in June. What options did you order?

I ordered a Model 3 Long Range DM in white with the black interior with aero wheels, no FSD back in June as well! Didn’t think FSD was necessary i’m more interested in the acceleration boost upgrade!

Just got full confirmation now for delivery tomorrow morning. Burbank is not being used for deliveries this month for LA deliveries, so I’m picking up from Sherman Oaks now. Instructions for delivery sent by email which are very clear and straightforward, I find it hilarious to find the car in the lot you’re directed to honk the horn from the app till you find it This company is so funny. Getting a blank screen now in the Tesla app which likely means it’s on a hold of some sort till the option to “Accept Delivery” shows up on the account tomorrow.

My pickup location is Burbank. Will I get an earlier delivery date if I move locations?

My pickup location is Burbank. Will I get an earlier delivery date if I move locations?

Hey! No the delivery date isn’t changed sorry, mine was scheduled 9/5 @11am at Burbank and today they sent me a message confirming the appointment with instructions for pick up but just letting me know that it would be in Sherman Oaks instead! The location was designated by them since my delivery date was already set, so whenever you receive your message to schedule for delivery the day before your appointment you’ll get the same contact from them letting you know the location changed.

Reactions: Triple D
Just got full confirmation now for delivery tomorrow morning. Burbank is not being used for deliveries this month for LA deliveries, so I’m picking up from Sherman Oaks now. Instructions for delivery sent by email which are very clear and straightforward, I find it hilarious to find the car in the lot you’re directed to honk the horn from the app till you find it This company is so funny. Getting a blank screen now in the Tesla app which likely means it’s on a hold of some sort till the option to “Accept Delivery” shows up on the account tomorrow.

Good luck!, I picked up in Sherman Oaks today.

Easy process, well run by happy folks !!

Ed

Reactions: HarpoonS
New forum member here and also a new Tesla family member!

I was involved in an accident at the end of August and my car was totaled. It’s been a crazy year for me after recovering from severe covid-19. After the accident, I said to myself that it was time to turn life around. After my damage claims were settled, I ordered my dream car!

I am from Miami, and will be picking up at the Coral Gables center.

Model 3 - LR AWD, Black ext, Black INT, FSD
Ordered Sept 1st
Confirmed financing Sept 2nd
Delivery estimate 2-4 weeks

I am stuck in that awkward phase where my rental is about to be up and I have no idea what to do in the mean time. I want to transfer my tag from my totaled car but do not have a VIN in order to do that. I cancelled my insurance on the totaled car because why would I pay for insurance if I am not driving the car anymore and I also plan to switch over to State Farm. My tag expires in 2022 as I do two year renewals, am I in any danger of getting my license suspended or a penalty for having an active registration without insurance?

The waiting part doesn’t get me nervous. It’s all of these other things attached to my situation. I spoke to Coral Gables and they were so nice. They noted my tag number down and told me they would personally call me with a VIN so that I can get the insurance down and they told me they would take care of the tag for me.

in your experiences, do cars sometimes get delivered earlier, or is the 2-4 week estimate a hard estimate?

Thank you all! I am beyond excited to be a part of the Tesla community!

Reactions: HTWOMS
New member of the community. Ordered on 8/4 with high hopes of an earlier than 4-8 week delivery time. It looks more like 6-8 weeks since I'm in the Bay Area. I'm very thankful for this community because it's nice to know that I'm not the only person who feels in the dark about their delivery timeline. Called, emailed, and texted my SA with no response thus far. I'm supposedly 1-3 weeks out. Having sold my other vehicle 2 weeks ago I hope that is true! Thanks for continuing to share experiences. It's helpful to newbies.

Reactions: HTWOMS
Hey! No the delivery date isn’t changed sorry, mine was scheduled 9/5 @11am at Burbank and today they sent me a message confirming the appointment with instructions for pick up but just letting me know that it would be in Sherman Oaks instead! The location was designated by them since my delivery date was already set, so whenever you receive your message to schedule for delivery the day before your appointment you’ll get the same contact from them letting you know the location changed.

Sounds good. I've been craving Zankou chicken but never had a reason to head out there!

07/28 Order (estimated delivery time 5-9 weeks)
08/20 Text "we are planning to deliver your model 3 soon, but you need to select blue submit button"
08/25 Text for 2-4 weeks

Nothing since and no VIN

I'm located in Fairfax Virginia and ordered a LR AWD Red/white interior, 19 inch sport wheels and no FSD

Interesting seeing others receiving their model 3's who ordered after I did. Difficult to figure out the Tesla process.

Have been logging into my account twice a day and noticed this afternoon that on 9/5 I have the MVPA and a VIN!
We'll see how long before I get the text on a delivery date.

New forum member here and also a new Tesla family member!

I was involved in an accident at the end of August and my car was totaled. It’s been a crazy year for me after recovering from severe covid-19. After the accident, I said to myself that it was time to turn life around. After my damage claims were settled, I ordered my dream car!

I am from Miami, and will be picking up at the Coral Gables center.

Model 3 - LR AWD, Black ext, Black INT, FSD
Ordered Sept 1st
Confirmed financing Sept 2nd
Delivery estimate 2-4 weeks

I am stuck in that awkward phase where my rental is about to be up and I have no idea what to do in the mean time. I want to transfer my tag from my totaled car but do not have a VIN in order to do that. I cancelled my insurance on the totaled car because why would I pay for insurance if I am not driving the car anymore and I also plan to switch over to State Farm. My tag expires in 2022 as I do two year renewals, am I in any danger of getting my license suspended or a penalty for having an active registration without insurance?

The waiting part doesn’t get me nervous. It’s all of these other things attached to my situation. I spoke to Coral Gables and they were so nice. They noted my tag number down and told me they would personally call me with a VIN so that I can get the insurance down and they told me they would take care of the tag for me.

in your experiences, do cars sometimes get delivered earlier, or is the 2-4 week estimate a hard estimate?

Thank you all! I am beyond excited to be a part of the Tesla community!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, I also totaled my vehicle in the beginning of August and ordered shortly thereafter - the wait sucks.

It seems from what people have been saying the east coast gets their deliveries first, and then they move back this way to the west. So hopefully you will be closer to the two week mark rather than the four. However, I was told by my initial SA that I would most likely have my car in a week from order date to finding out I probably wouldnt get it until end of sept, so Tesla and their employees are all over the place. I hope for your sake though it happens fast!!

Ordered: 8/21
2-4 week text: 8/25
Vin: 9/5 - emailed my SA and he responded with a vin and times for delivery! Order page also shows the submit final payment step now
Delivery scheduled for 9/19 in Peabody, MA. SA said he'd reach out if the car arrives any sooner

LR Black/White w/ 19" wheels & no FSD

Just picked up my car today, overall looks great! Needs trunk/frunk/door trim alignment, and paint work on the front bumper. Interior looks tip top! Only issue is a loud rattle in passenger door with music, everything noted in my service appointment set for 9/25! I’m loving it, but I’ll say from an audio perspective it needs a bit of sound deadening to feel as premium as a Mercedes, I really do despise rattles in an audio system! Dynamatting all doors is a must and it’s a perfect balance for me! So happy with the purchase I hope you all have less problems!