Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 owners getting screwed over?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else feel like model 3 owners are constantly getting screwed over compared to other models. Model S and X owners get free unlimited supercharging, they're constantly getting upgrades to their performances that increases their range, power, acceleration and speed, while model 3 only gets abysmal increase in range and power. Are model 3 just the forgotten child of the 3?...Also many cars nowadays come with apple car play or preloaded spotify etc for free yet tesla owners have to pay some bs subscription services?? :mad:o_O
I have a feeling that if you bought a Model X or S you'd be complaining why the price is so high compared to the 3.

• Love
Reactions: SammichLover
This
Anyone else feel like model 3 owners are constantly getting screwed over compared to other models. Model S and X owners get free unlimited supercharging, they're constantly getting upgrades to their performances that increases their range, power, acceleration and speed, while model 3 only gets abysmal increase in range and power. Are model 3 just the forgotten child of the 3?...Also many cars nowadays come with apple car play or preloaded spotify etc for free yet tesla owners have to pay some bs subscription services?? :mad:o_O

Your post is ridiculous.

You’re likely either one of the known Tesla haters on this forum that needs a hug, or more attention, so you’ve created another persona, or another broke short seller.
Don’t you guys have even a little self respect. ;)

LOL, someone put a lot of effort into their troll account. Nice one OP.

Trying to turn us all into “Karen” and wanting us to go speak with a manager.

This whole Karen thing fascinates me. Not sure how long it has been out there, but I only learned of it recently via my 18 year old son. And the more I learn, the more I’m like “oh yeah, she’s a Karen, and she’s a Karen, and that guy over there, yep he’s a Karen!”

Anyway with regards to the OP I question whether he actually owns a Model 3. I mean the car isn’t perfect, and neither is Tesla, but my initial reaction to the post was a combo snort laugh / head shake. This is BY FAR the best car I’ve ever owned.

• Funny
Reactions: Vaillant
I have to say I'm happy with my 3 but it does make me a little sad that if we get another new one we won't have

- free premium connectivity, which I never use anyway though
- dead pedal
- less interior lighting bits
- no homelink w/o having someone have to disassemble part of the car to install
- other little bits I forget
(not to mention getting a stealth w/o 20" rims)

If you never had them you won't miss them but I still find it a bit "nickel & dime" to remove some of those items. I also got the economy aluminum pedals from Amazon 'cause the throttle was really skimpy feeling so I know some of those less appealing cheap-outs can be remedied.

OPs post is a bit too dramatic for me though.

Funny, there were similar threads in the S/X forums for a while after the 3 was released. They weren’t thrilled that they weren’t the shiny new thing and some software was coming to 3 first.

Just wait until the Cybertruck comes out. The F150 forums should be a fun read.

Reactions: SammichLover

Since I got my M3 (1 year ago next week) I've had a 5% range increase, numerous autopilot updates (at least a dozen), one-pedal driving that the S/X do not have (except a few newer models), a nice power boost for $2k, new games, Netflix, Dashcam viewer, camping mode ... the list goes on.

Yes, some other cars have CarPlay as an option. And ... that's pretty much it .. you won't get another upgrade out of any of them except maybe a map update you will pay a ridiculous amount for. The Tesla subscription costs $10/month ($120 per year) for map updates, streaming, traffic etc. On my old Infiniti (a nice car in many ways) to get traffic I had to have Sirius XM ($17/month) AND pay for map updates at about $200 per update (offered every year, I skipped every other year), which is $304/year compared to $120 for Tesla.

You are way off base.

@XLR82XS I have a similar dead pedal cover; isn't even the rubber one removed in most recent 3? Bummer
The OE plastic pedal from 2018-2019 models has been removed. I have one for sale from a 2019 with an stick-on aluminum cover. That Amazon one is really nice and extends a it higher than the stick-on ones for pre-2020. I'm using it with the adhesive it came with and have no problems with it falling off. Blends very well with AM aluminium brake/accel pedals. (also Amazon)

5246E596-A78C-4255-9354-4AA8918B6DE6.jpeg

Reactions: john5520
As a general rule, I try not to let the fortune or misfortune of others impact my how I view my own happiness.

I am very happy with my Dec18 AWD+ M3.The car is a blast to drive (former 335xi owner), gets a little better every 6-8 weeks, looks great, has a robust aftermarket for personalization, has had almost no issues, and allows me to do drive based on energy I generate from my Tesla solar panes and Powerwall. I actually feel very lucky that I get to own this car at the price point I paid (net of Fed and State rebates).

Reactions: KenC and EVortex
Interesting. Thanks for all the replies. I wanted to see what others thought and felt. I do agree that since S and X pay more, they have more perks. I think I was more frustrated with the premium connectivity. I mean standard connectivity is fine if it allowed like Spotify and HD stations. Other cheaper car brands get apple car play, Spotify etc. What are your thoughts?

Autotrader - page unavailable

SELL!

Anyone else feel: some do; many do not
Unlimited supercharging: probably included in the hefty price of those models.
Abysmal range: The range was advertised. When did it become abysmal?
Forgotten child: The M3 I bought is a car. not a child.
Apple Car Play etc.: unuseful distractions for some.
If you are within the return window, why not exchange it for the S/X models? Then this feeling would be moved to those forums.

Reactions: drdumont