Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Paid Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked mine up Friday and it was being Supercharged prior to me arriving and signing papers. During that time, logged out of my Tesla app then signed back in and sure enough the Model 3 shows up. It wasn't until I was messing with the touch screen later that it shows a charge of $13.40. I've since checked my credit card and Tesla account online and I haven't been able to find a charge although I'm not sure where that information is displayed if I was to get charged.

I picked mine up Friday and it was being Supercharged prior to me arriving and signing papers. During that time, logged out of my Tesla app then signed back in and sure enough the Model 3 shows up. It wasn't until I was messing with the touch screen later that it shows a charge of $13.40. I've since checked my credit card and Tesla account online and I haven't been able to find a charge although I'm not sure where that information is displayed if I was to get charged.

I just went right to my credit card statements and saw the transactions as a "Tesla Motors Deposit" transaction.

Has anyone figured out or gotten an explanation from Tesla about why the dollar amount displayed on the screen inside the vehicle differs from the amount being billed (per You You's and others' reporting)?

(Assuming it has to do with off-board charging losses not showing on the screen but being billed anyway?)

Supercharged several times on a long trip after picking up the model 3 between Christmas and New Year Day. All dollars displayed on the screen. Also never charged to my credit card. Totally unexpected. There is such thing as a free lunch.