Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Perforamance Sleeper (P3D-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking delivery of a P3D- this week. Does anybody know if the P3D- has track mode enabled or disabled? Also, how important is the fact that the P3D- is missing the slightly lowered suspension of the P3D+ and the upgraded brakes? Will the lack of lowered suspension make the P3D- not hit the 0-60 in 3.2?

Thanks in advance!

I am taking delivery of a P3D- this week. Does anybody know if the P3D- has track mode enabled or disabled? Also, how important is the fact that the P3D- is missing the slightly lowered suspension of the P3D+ and the upgraded brakes? Will the lack of lowered suspension make the P3D- not hit the 0-60 in 3.2?

Thanks in advance!
Lack of upgraded brakes is a big omission. No sense going faster if the car can’t also stop quicker.

Correct. For those of us who don’t take the car to the track, those extra-beefy brake pads are just a PITA because it makes for wheel fitment issues.

Yup.

Bigger brakes don't stop you shorter, because the brakes don't stop the car- the tires do.

Anybody still unclear on this should read this- written by a braking systems engineer who designs such systems for brake and car companies, teaches SAE master classes on the topic, and has literally written books on brake systems:

GRM Pulp Friction

As to the wheels, the 18s tend to be slightly quicker because they weigh less (though the difference is very tiny). The car isn't traction limited (and the boat anchor 20s aren't any wider anyway)

How many of you are actually using the 0-60 in 3.1 seconds? Is it more for bragging rights and to feel like you got the “best” car and to show off to family/friends/passengers?

Other than that what utility does the M3P- have?

I purchased just for ego sake. Anyone else?
Every time I drive it. Not for bragging rights or to show off, I just love the feel of the acceleration.

Every time I drive it. Not for bragging rights or to show off, I just love the feel of the acceleration.

This. It’s fun when someone pulls up next to me but it doesn’t matter.

I go out at 5am every Sunday because there aren’t people. The best part is accelerating while already moving. It’s violent but in a omg this is the greatest thing ever way.