Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Autopilot Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I just took delivery of a new 2022 Model 3 Performance and love the car but noticed a few major features missing that were present on other Teslas I’ve been in.

Firstly, navigate on autopilot isn’t an option when starting a navigation route and doesn’t become available on major interstates. There also isn’t an option under the autopilot setting.

Second, there is no summon option. I read on the Tesla website that it may be unavailable on certain models, but it was an option on cheaper Model 3s I’ve been in in the past so I cannot imagine why my car wouldn’t have it.

Ive attached pictures to help see what I’m talking about for both and details of the car. If anyone could help me/provide their input it’d be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 2D30E1DA-4E71-411C-BECE-437674116611.jpeg
    2D30E1DA-4E71-411C-BECE-437674116611.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 116
  • A0CB7DC0-17A1-4A21-AC50-B2A714C0E0EA.jpeg
    A0CB7DC0-17A1-4A21-AC50-B2A714C0E0EA.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 111
  • D4E21186-0205-4D3B-BC53-C638127B772A.jpeg
    D4E21186-0205-4D3B-BC53-C638127B772A.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 109
Solution
Hello, I just took delivery of a new 2022 Model 3 Performance and love the car but noticed a few major features missing that were present on other Teslas I’ve been in.

Firstly, navigate on autopilot isn’t an option when starting a navigation route and doesn’t become available on major interstates. There also isn’t an option under the autopilot setting.

Second, there is no summon option. I read on the Tesla website that it may be unavailable on certain models, but it was an option on cheaper Model 3s I’ve been in in the past so I cannot imagine why my car wouldn’t have it.

Ive attached pictures to help see what I’m talking about for both and details of the car. If anyone could help me/provide their input it’d be greatly...
TL ; DR - No 12k full self driving purchase, no navigate on autopilot, auto lane change, or summon.

======================================

You wont have navigate on autopilot, or summon, without purchasing the full self driving package. Those require FSD.

(relevant text from tesla website)

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 11.11.15 PM.png

Upvote 0

Ive attached pictures to help see what I’m talking about for both and details of the car. If anyone could help me/provide their input it’d be greatly appreciated!
Those features are only included with FSD. It doesn’t look like you have FSD.

Upvote 0

Those features require additional $12,000 FSD to work.

Autopilot has only 2 features:

1. TACC
2. Keep center in your current lane (no changing to another lane).

If you want more than the above 2, you need to pay.

Upvote 0
Solution