Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance (Canada) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No point in buying a performance or sports car without performance tires.
I mostly agree.
So 6-7 months of the year it can be just that. A performance car with performance tires.
The rest of the year, it will be a performance car with winter or all seasons, enjoying the performance side.

You live in BC where 2-3 months of the year it’s a little cool, and you might see some snow. :)

I live in Ontario, where 5-6 months of the year it’s very cold and snowy. Summer tires can get you killed during winter conditions here.

All seasons or winter tires will still allow you to enjoy the performance side of this car just fine, during those conditions. :)

Genuine question, I was pretty bumped out to learn than non US cars have 50 less horses and 18nm less than the ones sold in US, so you guys are not bothered by this? Or are you just looking at it as an overall package which is still amazing for Canada market?

Reactions: M109Rider
I mostly agree.
So 6-7 months of the year it can be just that. A performance car with performance tires.
The rest of the year, it will be a performance car with winter or all seasons, enjoying the performance side.

You live in BC where 2-3 months of the year it’s a little cool, and you might see some snow. :)

I live in Ontario, where 5-6 months of the year it’s very cold and snowy. Summer tires can get you killed during winter conditions here.

All seasons or winter tires will still allow you to enjoy the performance side of this car just fine, during those conditions. :)
Most Ontarians anyways have a spare set of winter tires, so if the M3P came with all season that means you will need to but a 3rd set to get a most out of M3P so I am glad they sell it with Summer tires :)

Reactions: M109Rider
I mostly agree.

I've bought winters for my last 3 cars because I use 2 sets of tires for the length of ownership of the car. I then have the right set of tires for the right season all year long.

Genuine question, I was pretty bumped out to learn than non US cars have 50 less horses and 18nm less than the ones sold in US, so you guys are not bothered by this? Or are you just looking at it as an overall package which is still amazing for Canada market?
Bummed for sure…but it’s still much faster than anything else at a similar price point. Moreso disappointed at the seemingly unexplained 4 month+ lead time…

I admit, it’s still sitting in the back of my mind. But the reality is, it’s amazing value, and even without the value, it’s a kick ass car.
I’m over it.
Just not looking forward to the very long wait.

Reactions: Technokrat
Most Ontarians anyways have a spare set of winter tires, so if the M3P came with all season that means you will need to but a 3rd set to get a most out of M3P so I am glad they sell it with Summer tires :)
Hmm. Didn’t think about a third set.
I like that.
Summer tires, for about 3 months or so. All seasons for about 4 months or so, and winters for 4 or 5 months.
I could do that. I swap my own tires anyway, so that works out.

Reactions: Technokrat
Same for me…irritated at the lack of communication from Tesla and the fact that the Tesla website still says EDD of July. I really thought once they went on sale in China the time frame would get better, not worse.
I hear you.
But keep in mind, the US EDD’s have gone up and down just like this and meant nothing. At the end of the day, it’s the beginning of June, and quite a few people that had dates way out have cars now.
I would try to ignore the date for now. It means very little.
Still deflating though. :)

Reactions: bolduser31
I’m sure this was discussed somewhere already, but I can’t recall. :)
Will boxed 18” rims/wheels actually fit without shims of some sort (to clear the calipers) on this performance car?
I have an extra set of 18” rims with snow tires for winter, and it would be nice (and cheaper) to just fit those during winter if it works.

Wonder which provinces will get the model 3 performance first.
Anyone happen to know which provinces got the highland first ?
Based on this link here, when the Highland was launched in Canada this year, initial deliveries went to Ontario, Quebec and Alberta.

Selfishly, I hope this is the case again 😛, but I’ll be happy seeing Canadian orders receive VINs!!

Based on this link here, when the Highland was launched in Canada this year, initial deliveries went to Ontario, Quebec and Alberta.

Selfishly, I hope this is the case again 😛, but I’ll be happy seeing Canadian orders receive VINs!!
Knowing that’s how it played out for the highland, that’s promising.
Hopefully the M3P follows that path. I really hope we see some Canadian June deliveries.