Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/795696592406119/user/1348620047/
From

Tesla Model 3 Performance: INSANE EDITION Owner’s Club

Michael Krell ·
·

Sadly dropping off my brand new M3P to service after only 200 miles for a fault that by all indications means cells in the battery pack have failed and it needs a full battery pack replacement
😢
no indication yet as to how long it will take to get a new battery pack. Wish me luck!

View attachment 1054488

View attachment 1054489
Now that sucks….

Only 200 miles I might be demanding a new car at that point. That’s way too big of a repair for a brand new car :/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/795696592406119/user/1348620047/
From

Tesla Model 3 Performance: INSANE EDITION Owner’s Club

Michael Krell ·
·

Sadly dropping off my brand new M3P to service after only 200 miles for a fault that by all indications means cells in the battery pack have failed and it needs a full battery pack replacement
😢
no indication yet as to how long it will take to get a new battery pack. Wish me luck!

View attachment 1054488

View attachment 1054489
It could just be a BMS fault, but I think BMS is integrated into the battery.

Reactions: phantasms
MyQ was less reliable for me than homelink was.
FWIW I have some info on this.

I back my current car, 21M3P, into the garage. As such when I leave it's hard to close the garage. I setup the MyQ on that car to try and have a better solution and it was absolute garbage.

BUT

When we got our Cybertruck MyQ was the only option and it works amazing. Clearly there's something different about it. I expect, and hope, the new M3P to work really well with the MyQ.

• Love
Reactions: xianking
I should probably read to the end of the thread (this thread moves about a page an hour or more), but in the case you described they normally "prioritize" getting you a new vin. You wont go to the end of the line (but there really isnt a real line, so you will just be thrown somewhere near the pile in the front, instead of the pile in the back.)
Yeah, I see that you guys are very knowledgeable about this. Thank you for your help!

So far about 10 VINs this week. Looks like Tesla is currently working on their current batch from the insane amount of VINs we got or focused on pumping out all those MY everyone ordered.

Seeing as a lot of people have VINs, but haven’t taken delivery I’m suspecting logistics is tied up with everything. Once those get delivered and prepped for delivery I’m hoping there’s another rush to get us to 90%+ day one orders, 70%+ VINS and 50%+ delivered.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
So far about 10 VINs this week. Looks like Tesla is currently working on their current batch from the insane amount of VINs we got or focused on pumping out all those MY everyone ordered.

Seeing as a lot of people have VINs, but haven’t taken delivery I’m suspecting logistics is tied up with everything. Once those get delivered and prepped for delivery I’m hoping there’s another rush to get us to 90%+ day one orders, 70%+ VINS and 50%+ delivered.
I thought most of the Y's were made in Austin?

Reactions: hkarthik

Not sure if it’s the Ys. The other day someone posted a vid of drone over Fremont and it’s a ghost town. I did wonder if there is some kind of backup causing them to slow down because there is far more VINs than people taking delivery.

Not sure if the train derailment and fire at the factory some how lead to a standstill for a bit? I just can’t imagine with end of quarter around the corner that they wouldn’t want to be massively pumping these out. I doubt this is intentional.

This is my first time ordering a Tesla and being on here, so maybe someone with more experience can weigh in. Do they typically go in waves like this seems to be doing? Or do they typically pump them out at a steady pace?

Reactions: hkarthik
FWIW I have some info on this.

I back my current car, 21M3P, into the garage. As such when I leave it's hard to close the garage. I setup the MyQ on that car to try and have a better solution and it was absolute garbage.

BUT

When we got our Cybertruck MyQ was the only option and it works amazing. Clearly there's something different about it. I expect, and hope, the new M3P to work really well with the MyQ.
I have the same issue with backing into my garage. I really wanted to use the Homelink to close the garage automatically when I left, but it never worked. I often have to sit in my driveway pressing the button multiple times when I'm leaving to get Homelink to work. Works great when I'm pulling up to the house before I back in. Kind of unbelievable that Homelink wasn't designed to be able to close the garage whether you're backing in or not....

Reactions: phantasms
I have the same issue with backing into my garage. I really wanted to use the Homelink to close the garage automatically when I left, but it never worked. I often have to sit in my driveway pressing the button multiple times when I'm leaving to get Homelink to work. Works great when I'm pulling up to the house before I back in. Kind of unbelievable that Homelink wasn't designed to be able to close the garage whether you're backing in or not....
Yeah it's silly. I have a very wide driveway so when I pull out I turn full lock to the right and go forward a bit. From there I'm able to activate the close. Then I turn left and off I go.

• Funny
Reactions: xianking
Did Tesla remove the mounting holes for the aero inserts on the wheels? Someone on another forum said they have been removed from production versions, but I'm pretty sure I have seen them in some first impression videos. Clearly no holes on your wheels.

Nope. I kept the short covers on so the mounting holes aren’t exposed. They alternate between full/large covers and short covers.