Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just left the SC in Tampa international mall and they got a showroom one in today! It’s not in the showroom yet but the SA let me take a look in.

I asked him about the deliveries and he said the black interior dates should be fine but the white interior’s are backed up until September?! He said exactly “there is too many white interior orders they’ll be backed up for a while”. I told him that I thought those were the first batches and he pretty much explained for the white interior orders if you haven’t gotten a vin by now it may be a wait. Im not sure if it’s only Florida or not but that’s what he was telling me. I tried to push for him to see if he can check where I stand simce my EDD is May 30 - June 27 but I didn’t get anywhere. He said they should have a demo unit soon, he’s saying it’s the first they’ve had a showroom unit before the demo units. He said that they aren’t allowed to drive it either so he couldn’t tell me how it rides. He also gave me a discount card for EV studios but when I called to get pricing they were all overpriced.
BF0B5F77-C2CC-4A39-A79B-1011C31506AB.jpeg
C91CC35A-7418-49EF-9249-8BC4EDAC29E5.jpeg

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Thanks for chiming in. I was actually really curious about your situation because I saw your delivery date was scheduled for today. As of right now, it's looking like a race between you, @riggy1066 , @plzdelivercar , and @m3boost for the first delivery among forum members here that have reported on that spreadsheet.

Yes, I was hoping @plzdelivercar got their car today, cause if I recall correctly, their delivery was first up on the tracker (I may be wrong though). They are my bellwether for if my delivery date is legit haha 😂

Reactions: Sandee3 and P-Lo801
View attachment 1048949

I don’t know what you are all on about, the texture is completely different between the SR/LR dash and the guy’s photo. You can literally see the weaving of the carbon fiber!
I think we are just pessimistic because it’s such a poorly taken picture and there’s no other pictures to accompany it. It’s also odd that it’s the only confirmed US delivery between both these sites. Will be more assuring once he takes more pics that clearly show he took delivery lol

Less than zero chance either of those happen unfortunately
people have said these things about tesla plenty of times but as time has gone on, prices have continuously lowered and lowered and lowered. Not sure why they wouldn't offer the M3 Performance with other color options during end of quarter pushes they've offered many other big discounts in the last quarters not sure why this quarter would be much different.

people have said these things about tesla plenty of times but as time has gone on, prices have continuously lowered and lowered and lowered. Not sure why they wouldn't offer the M3 Performance with other color options during end of quarter pushes they've offered many other big discounts in the last quarters not sure why this quarter would be much different.
Because they've been increasing costs to reduce the volume being sold. Tesla has a very straight forward pricing strategy. Increase cost when selling more than planned, decrease cost or add incentives when missing targets.

They've already got enough sales that it sounds like they'll be fulfilling through end of Q3, so there is no reason to try to drive up more sales.

View attachment 1048949

I don’t know what you are all on about, the texture is completely different between the SR/LR dash and the guy’s photo. You can literally see the weaving of the carbon fiber!

I realize that you are just re posting photos, and its not your delivery, but pictures of steering wheels are not really proving anything about delivery of this vehicle.

Also forgot to mention this! The seats are amazing. I'm 6'6 270lb. I own a M2 Competition and i find those seats to be a bit tight just bordeline of being a bit uncomfortable. And a Model Y performance that is comfy but has no bolstering which makes you slide around a lot. These are an amazing inbetween, extremely comfy nice and plush, wide enough that the bolstering won't dig into you, even if you're a bigger person. My only gripe was that the headrest wasn't quite as high as I would like but that's most cars at my height. You won't be dissapointed by these new seats. The white is gorgeous in person, the black stripes weren't personally to my liking via photos but seeing them in person they looked amazing. Definitely glad I chose white.

Here you guys go. Obviously, this just looks like any other Model 3 Highland but he had posted his order screen and delivery confirmation beforehand.

View attachment 1048907

lol could he post a worse photo to show a new car 😂

can't even tell if that's carbon fiber dash
I'm calling bullshit on the FB Private group guy. It's not real until someone on our tracker confirms their delivery!

Yeah, this is bullshit.

Also forgot to mention this! The seats are amazing. I'm 6'6 270lb. I own a M2 Competition and i find those seats to be a bit tight just bordeline of being a bit uncomfortable. And a Model Y performance that is comfy but has no bolstering which makes you slide around a lot. These are an amazing inbetween, extremely comfy nice and plush, wide enough that the bolstering won't dig into you, even if you're a bigger person. My only gripe was that the headrest wasn't quite as high as I would like but that's most cars at my height. You won't be dissapointed by these new seats. The white is gorgeous in person, the black stripes weren't personally to my liking via photos but seeing them in person they looked amazing. Definitely glad I chose white.
Awesome, at 6ft 260 I was a little nervous about the seats as the only possible gotcha, though at this point I figured I'd get it either way and use it as motivation to lose weight.

Awesome, at 6ft 260 I was a little nervous about the seats as the only possible gotcha, though at this point I figured I'd get it either way and use it as motivation to lose weight.
Yeah, I could definitely lose some weight but with how these seats are I could easily put on another 30+lb and prob still fit comfy. It's really nice especially cause the bolstering isn't extremly tough like my bmw's.

Reactions: AJ Henderson