Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To the people that are pissed about delivery timelines. When you ordered, did you think that they had produced enough to meet demand and that the cars were sitting in Fremont? I don't understand how you expected them to meet the entirety of orders immediately given that there are production and logistics limits all over the place. I can only imagine that you thought they had thousands of cars sitting in Fremont ready to get on trains and trucks?
My issue is the fact that people several states away are getting orders delivered faster than me, with zero transparency from Tesla. I get it, it’s not a $100K+ made-to-order Porsche, but some indication of when its coming, plus some flexibility on delivery dates during peak summer travel time seems like the least they could do.

Anyone swap out their static mount for one that articulates? I have the Atlas mount (LOVE it) that I removed from my previous M3P and want to install in the new one. I'm assuming this is not something Tesla changed from previous model years? After having the screen pointed more to me I can't stand having the screen in the factory position.

To the people that are pissed about delivery timelines. When you ordered, did you think that they had produced enough to meet demand and that the cars were sitting in Fremont? I don't understand how you expected them to meet the entirety of orders immediately given that there are production and logistics limits all over the place. I can only imagine that you thought they had thousands of cars sitting in Fremont ready to get on trains and trucks?
Definity not. BUT when several first day orders don't have VINS and orders placed at the same location well over a month later have a VIN and delivery date that's something to be pissed at.

Tesla really needs to be more open about status, builds, the actual reasons for firmware update holds, etc. Or get their PR team back. And they also need to stop sending conflicting information through the app, texts, and via the SA. Like the moment you set up a delivery appointment, you get a bulk text from Tesla corporate telling you that you can take delivery sooner and to reschedule in the app (which is bad advice). Or sitting at the delivery location on delivery day and the whole time you are sitting there, you are getting conflicting texts: some coming from your SA telling you it'll be a few more minutes and another bot message from Tesla asking if you are "with your car" yet. And so on.

dang lucky you can schedule delivery so fast. My option is grayed out still, not sure why. I did enter in my insurance info though.

EDIT: As soon as I posted that, I was given option to schedule delivery. Too bad it’s when I’m out of town on vacation 🤬🤬🤬
Yeah, got Tesla text that I had a message, saw VIN, then within 20min another text to schedule delivery. Wait, wait, wait… GO NOW. I still haven’t uploaded insurance yet 🤷‍♂️

That's not it at all. I don't care if my order took a year and a half to make if it also took a year and a half for others at the same delivery location. But when I order 45 minutes after things go live and I don't even have a vin a month and a half later while people are getting assigned vins and taking delivery inside a week at the same delivery location, that's a serious slight.

It was bad enough when it was happening at other locations, but I can accept that logistics are hard, but that goes out the window when someone gets a car in a week at the same pick up location that you've been waiting over a month and a half for.

Dragy results are posted for anyone interested. My fastest runs were invalid because slope was barely too much.

Hopefully, this is enough to convince everyone how good this car really is.

IMG_7054.png

IMG_7045.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7052.png
    IMG_7052.png
    415.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7056.png
    IMG_7056.png
    481.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7053.png
    IMG_7053.png
    461 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7055.png
    IMG_7055.png
    587 KB · Views: 1
I’d like to introduce you to “Beefcake #2”.
Picked it up yesterday afternoon!!

Pick up was actually scheduled for today (Sunday), but I decided to pop by the SC yesterday afternoon to take a sneak peak at my vehicle prior to delivery. On a whim, I asked if there was any chance I could take delivery early (yesterday). I know the Sales team leader and several of the SA’s fairly well, and they made it happen!! Shout out to arguably the best sales team in the Tesla sales force!

I think I may have hit the panel gap & fit/finish lottery, because this vehicle is pretty much perfect in every way!!! Much better than my 2019 M3P and the wife’s 2023 MYP.

Now, time for me to remove all badges and the rear spoiler. Then, do a light machine polish before I drop it off that the detail shop tomorrow morning for a full PPF on the entire vehicle and window/roof tint!!

Good luck to all waiting to receive their vehicles. I’ll echo what has already been said… it’s worth the wait!!

IMG_8213.jpeg

IMG_8214.jpeg

How often do people that ordered weeks after get the earlier deliveries? Is it really that common? Perhaps it was just that a truck was going to city A and it had 7 spaces for cars so they loaded it up rather than sending a train/truck partially loaded with one car on one truck in 1,000 directions? You have to be a little reasonable with the process understanding that they aren't putting single cars on the back of F150s and sending them directly to individual customers.
There are multiple cases of it happening at the same delivery location. I was relatively ok with it until someone got a car in under a week at one of the possible pickup locations for my order.

Reactions: hkarthik
I just started reading the approximately 500 pages of this thread (still reading) anyway, thought
I would post my sad story:
Black/Black
Ordered 4/23/2024 at 4:45PM CDT
RN121550xxx
No trade in
Cash
Qualified for rebate
Minneapolis, MN area
EDDs:
May - June when ordered on 4/23
June after 7 days
July 6 - August 17 after 10 days
June 5 - June 30 after 20 days
June 25 - June 30 after 32 days
June 13 - June 30 after 41 days
July 3 - July 31 after 49 days
As of Sunday morning EDD changed again to June 20 - June 30
This constant EDD changing has pretty much killed my excitement. So, "OK Tesla, whenever."

Reactions: arkhos and hkarthik
When did you order? I still think that will be the case. I’d be shocked if it went into August even (depending on when you ordered).
May 15th, so not the earliest, but still much earlier than a ton of people who have gotten VINs and taken delivery. I feel bad for people who ordered early may and late April and haven’t gotten anything…

Now I’m showing August 20 - September 27 and August 16 - September 20 for my two orders. When I ordered, one showed May - June and the other showed June… ugh!

Reactions: arkhos
May 15th, so not the earliest, but still much earlier than a ton of people who have gotten VINs and taken delivery. I feel bad for people who ordered early may and late April and haven’t gotten anything…

Now I’m showing August 20 - September 27 and August 16 - September 20 for my two orders. When I ordered, one showed May - June and the other showed June… ugh!
Nearly the same here. I feel like our dates will get pulled in the next couple weeks.

then they should update the estimated delivery times to reflect their inventory. Don't say june and then push it out to September
Yep, I talked to someone that ordered a MYP and he complained about his EDD being very unpredictable as well. When Tesla was listing “June” on their website, people are greeted with August/September EDDs. Immediately after ordering.

Yep, I talked to someone that ordered a MYP and he complained about his EDD being very unpredictable as well. When Tesla was listing “June” on their website, people are greeted with August/September EDDs. Immediately after ordering.
Atleast in NY they have to refund your order fee if they miss the original EDD and you cancel. Unfortunately no other deal is close to as good even with the headaches factored in.

Ordered my Red/blk int. the last week of May. Initial Delivery date was "June/July". Yesterday it was updated to Aug. 10 to Sept. 21. I won't be surprised if it gets pushed out further. I'm not that upset because I never expected to get it as soon as original date anyway. Apparently they are selling like hotcakes. My current 2019 is still running just fine anyway. My biggest concern is Tesla reducing my already low trade in amt. even lower by then.