Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1049378
Also for my fellow people in Texas, got this message after asking when performance model 3s would arrive in Austin. It at least falls within my EDD of May 27 - June 3 and I did get a VIN on the 15th for white/white. Hoping we’ll be able to schedule something by early next week!
How do all you people get SAs that actually try and provide info and are receptive to your questions? Anytime I have asked something, mine gives the most generic and unhelpful answer you can imagine. Is the SA a designated person? Or it it multiple people responding? Can I switch SAs? lol

How do all you people get SAs that actually try and provide info and are receptive to your questions? Anytime I have asked something, mine gives the most generic and unhelpful answer you can imagine. Is the SA a designated person? Or it it multiple people responding? Can I switch SAs? lol
It's pure luck. You either get an SA that cares a little or an SA that is just there to collect a paycheck.

Reactions: arkhos
it’s because those SAs are making up complete BS. at least you’re getting a truthful one that is saying “I have no idea, dude.”

It's the luck of the draw. From my experience, its been a different person who either has called, texted, or chatted with me on the app.

View attachment 1049378
Also for my fellow people in Texas, got this message after asking when performance model 3s would arrive in Austin. It at least falls within my EDD of May 27 - June 3 and I did get a VIN on the 15th for white/white. Hoping we’ll be able to schedule something by early next week!
Didn't have time to reply earlier to the thread but that's what I was told as well (28-29th) for my Austin bound M3P when my SA finally messaged back, so that was helpful.

Anyone notice the Tesla website site got updated and the model 3 performance now shows a 303 mile EPA est range? 👀 Not sure if someone else already commented it..lots of pages of discussion
Also does anyone notice the EDD on the tesla Website still shows June? Does that mean they did not bother to change it, or they think they can get everything delivered in June?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Anyone notice the Tesla website site got updated and the model 3 performance now shows a 303 mile EPA est range? 👀 Not sure if someone else already commented it..lots of pages of discussion
1716340425411.png

This morning, I had my car in for service at the Superior, Colorado store. They had just received a 2024 M3P, Black/White car yesterday afternoon. They let me do a test drive. I don't know if they will continue with test drives in that car. Regardless, I got lucky with the timing.

I spent about 30 minutes with the car. After start-up, I saw the narrow vertical display on the left side of the screen. Swipe up for D, swipe down for R. Tap for Park. Tap for Neutral. It turned out to be easy to use.

For the turn signals; lower for left, upper for right, not unlike the stalk direction. There's a small protrusion in the middle of the two arrows; so I could easily feel that little bump, and press below or above it. I think the turn signal sound is a bit louder than my '22 M3P.

On the right side of the steering wheel, the upper is windshield; touch for one swipe; press and hold to get the washer fluid going. The lower is a touch to get the rear and side camera displays on the screen.

The curvature of the trim across the front makes the car look a bit smaller than the previous version (even though it's not at all smaller).

The front seats are wonderful. Feels like I'm wrapped in a glove. A bit more thigh support as well compared to my '22 M3P. And, all of the seat material is the 'vegan leather', even across the bottom sides, and even the side next to the center console. This is good news especially for white seats. The non-performance seats; old and highland; have cloth across some of the bottom and on the side next to the center console.

The material of the lower door cards, including the side pockets, is much softer; a higher quality feel; compared to the lower cards/pockets on my '22 M3P. On the '22, the material is hard, cheap feeling, and sometimes makes crackling noises. The side pockets on the '24 are lined with thick felt-like material. The side pockets on my '22 are just hard plastic; no soft material.

The upper door cards for the white interior look and feel a bit like white vinyl. I am thinking (and hoping) that they will easily wipe clean. The car I test drove had not yet been cleaned up, and there were some dirty hand marks on the material. There was a Cyber Truck on the lot (parked next to my '22). I noticed that it has the same white upper door card material.

From the driver's seat, I can see a bit more hood over the windshield wipers. Sandy Munro had noted this during a video I saw posted in this thread.

I'm glad to see that the wheel gap is not as pronounced as it is on the '22. The rear wheels/tires on the '24 look to be a bit closer to the outer wheel well vs the '22. I was expecting to see this as the new rears are wider wheels and tires; and the stock offset also helps. Front looks the same (wheel/tire width, and wheel offset are the same on both cars).

On the road, the steering felt a bit heavier than my '22 in all settings (light, standard, sport; or whatever the exact words were). The suspension options were Standard and Sport (as I understand it, the Track suspension setting is in play only when in Track mode). On the highway and city streets, I could feel the difference between Standard and Sport. The suspension felt great in either setting; taut, yet especially supple in Standard; still taut, but not jarring, in Sport. It gobbles up the bumps and undulations. There's a stretch of road in the Denver area that has some washboard undulations through a curve in the road (south Santa Fe). When I get my car, I want to check out that stretch. On the '22, you could feel the car start to get a little upset.

On the road, the car is more quiet than my '22; but not by a big margin. From what I read, the difference might be more noticeable when comparing to a pre-2021 car. 2021 and newer have the laminated front door windows. The '24, of course, has laminated both front and rear windows.

Steering ratio is nice and quick. During harder acceleration, it feels more rear driven than the '22.

Speaking of quick; this just in . . . . the car is mighty quick. I did not try 0-60, let alone 60-100 where I was at. I'll try that at a track.

'24 M3P Black/White on the Superior lot

Mutt and Jeff - Cyber Truck parked next to my '22
Thanks so much for this write up. Thats the most detailed we have seen from a non journalist/youtuber in terms of driving experience. I know you couldn’t truly test acceleration but based on your butt meter did it seem any faster than your current M3P?

Reactions: cpaull and P-Lo801