Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. True.

Newbie here. Just wanted to share for all those waiting. I ordered a Gray/White on 4/23 within the first 25 minutes. Got several EDD and VIN assigned on May 15th....Woo Hooo! After getting a text this morning that my vehicle was due to arrive at the end of the week and to set up a delivery appointment, I suddenly got an other text by the same SA to disregard, since they couldn't confirm my delivery anymore..WHAT?

I ended up getting a call this afternoon. The SA said the had to "unassign" my VIN....WHAT!!?? My vehicle had "serious" paint issues and they had to reassign me a VIN at a later point in time. I went from having a VIN and a delivery date text to having no VIN and no EDD in the matter of a couple of hours. Maybe my car was in paint when there was a fire? Pure speculation. Has anyone had a VIN unassigned to them?
It’s highly likely this has something to do with the recent fire!

True. True.

Newbie here. Just wanted to share for all those waiting. I ordered a Gray/White on 4/23 within the first 25 minutes. Got several EDD and VIN assigned on May 15th....Woo Hooo! After getting a text this morning that my vehicle was due to arrive at the end of the week and to set up a delivery appointment, I suddenly got an other text by the same SA to disregard, since they couldn't confirm my delivery anymore..WHAT?

I ended up getting a call this afternoon. The SA said the had to "unassign" my VIN....WHAT!!?? My vehicle had "serious" paint issues and they had to reassign me a VIN at a later point in time. I went from having a VIN and a delivery date text to having no VIN and no EDD in the matter of a couple of hours. Maybe my car was in paint when there was a fire? Pure speculation. Has anyone had a VIN unassigned to them?
Could have been damaged during shipment as well. This sucks, but at least they caught it early and you didn’t find it at delivery. This way the process should be much faster.

I’d also rather have a new car than some BodyShop hack job.

Happy for everyone getting VINs. Glad to hear it seems like things are moving along again 🙏

Still feels like east coast is getting the shaft and my EDD just got pushed back 9 days so I think it’s time to save myself any more useless frustration and focus on other things until I get a magical text message lol

To prompt deliveries for you all soon ! 🙏✌🏼

Reactions: mpgxsvcd

That SUCKS! I hope they put you in priority and you get another VIN right away. I kinda doubt it was fire related. Sounds like a damage in-transit.

That SUCKS! I hope they put you in priority and you get another VIN right away. I kinda doubt it was fire related. Sounds like a damage in-transit.
I think at this point “VIN assignment” or “Delivery date” are about as reliable as EDD. A little bit better, but still pretty unreliable. Especially considering someone Carmaxed their car the day before and their scheduled delivery date got canceled.

I'm probably still a month or more away from getting my car, but I emailed the guys at TheFastLane (YouTube guys) and offered them my car for a few hours to have them do a proper review. I'm local to them in Colorado, and Roman replied and said they'd love buy me lunch for letting them review my new car. Now I just need the freakin car!
I really like TFL channel, they do technical review, instead of just subjective driving impression reviews

Reactions: KGinCO and mpgxsvcd