Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like I’ve said in previous posts, I have two orders. A LR switched to performance and a Performance ordered day of announcement. Just got a VIN on the 2nd order, meaning I now have 2 VINs. So now I officially haven’t “cut” anyone in line. I’ll cancel one of the orders to free up the car to someone else. I think this supports the theory that geography matters most, followed by order time.
Welp, your username is consistent with the content of your post. So, thanks for the heads up...i think? lol

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: jose3030 and Jree
i’m an OG P buyer and i hard disagree. people waiting for a SR/LR and then swapping to the P should definitely get priority. some have been waiting for a car since Jan, that’s BS
I've been waiting for a car since October, I just didn't have an option to order until April because they didn't have an order available. I don't actually disagree with it being ok that they are doing this since they come from the same factory and I'd rather they have more lines making M3Ps, but it does suck for those of us that knew we wanted an M3P for longer than the highland has been available but didn't have an option to put any money down on one.

Listen, I get that you’re just frustrated because all you want is the car you ordered. But this is an L take. I’ve been waiting since JANUARY. You’ve waited a mere month since you ordered. I didn’t choose a white interior LR with the end goal being to “cut” people in line for the performance. Tesla has been bsing all of the white interior orders without any type of explanation. There are STILL 1/10 orders without a VIN with white interior.

There is no “performance line.” There’s just a line for the model 3. And I’ve been checking the app and posting on TMC for my LR for far longer than you have been for your performance. At the end of the day you won’t come anywhere close to waiting for as long as I did for a car, so instead of complaining be grateful you won’t have to wait for 5 months for a car. Not to mention I originally kept my first order a LR and I ordered a performance separately minutes after the announcement. So I have an extra $250 order fee that I’m willing to eat just to get a car asap.
I've been waiting since October for the new Model 3 performance. I just didn't have any option to place an order. Don't mistake the fact that some of us waited until the car we actually wanted was up for order to place the order for not having waited as long or longer than you. (Though as I mentioned elsewhere, I don't believe it actually impacts anything significantly. Factory can make x model 3s a day, whether they make the LR order holders an LR or a P doesn't change the overall place in line, just means making more M3Ps which might actually even make things faster (running more lines of M3Ps.)

The whole attitude that people with LR orders from before the Performance was available for order have been waiting longer is just really obnoxious though because it isn't true for a lot of us, especially for anyone in the day 1 crowd.

Well it was too good to be true after all. Like everyone else with pending deliveries, mine was pushed from tomorrow to Monday. Unclear if Tesla folks are working since it's a holiday. I'll just be patient, since there is nothing anyone can do to hurry whoever is coding this firmware update.
I've mentioned this and I'll say it again, Tesla deliveries deliver every single day except for Christmas day.

Absolutely brutal. “You may have an opportunity to take an earlier delivery…” Gotten that message 3 times 😂😩
IMG_9362.jpeg

Real. Ordered an hour after it came out and I’ve been pushed back until end of July-August. Red on white. Ridiculous. Wanted to enjoy the summer with this car.
My sympathies. I was 45 minutes after live for SG/Black and still have May 29th to Jun 12, so should still be fairly soon hopefully, but I really want to be able to get the rest of my paperwork done and figure out the scheduling. Been waiting since about a week after we got my wife's Y, but our garage can't fit another Y without the hatchback being a head impact risk and we use FSD so wanted HW4 and we only do performance models, so it's been a LONG wait.

Well it was too good to be true after all. Like everyone else with pending deliveries, mine was pushed from tomorrow to Monday. Unclear if Tesla folks are working since it's a holiday. I'll just be patient, since there is nothing anyone can do to hurry whoever is coding this firmware update.
Sorry to hear that. What time was your appointment tomorrow? I’m getting nervous because mine is 9am and I’ve heard nothing but a message confirming it.

While I know we are all anxious to get our cars, I have to say this is probably the most exciting part for me. I've had a lot of new cars in my time but I've always gone to the lot or in inventory and picked one, often compromising on either paint color, seat color, or something in order to get it fast. I'm not a young chap anymore and this is the FIRST time I've ordered a car. I feel "special" knowing that Tesla built my VIN just for me... even IF all they did was match a spec to my order. I feel like it's truly my car.

TLDR; It's gonna be WORTH IT!

The first time I custom ordered a BMW, that I knew they built with exactly what I ordered in it (color, interior, wheels, interior trim etc etc) it was magical. They (BMW) have it down to an art form.

I was able to follow my vin through part of the manufacturing process, through shipping, what boat it was on, to the port in LA, etc. I leased that car but expected to buy it after the lease was up, I was so attached to it. I couldnt make myself buy it after the lease, because I had done such a good job on the deal when I ordered it, and the residual was so out of whack with the real value of the car, I would have thrown away like 8-9k instantly if I had purchased it. I really wanted to, but couldnt make myself do it.

That was Nov of 2018 (if you notice my join date here you likely see where this is going). Since I had planned on purchasing the 435, I had not ordered a new BMW and I wasnt willing to compromise on one on the lot anymore. Looking at other cars, I test drove a model 3 performance. At the end of the test drive I said (basically) "shut up and take my money!". The deposit at that time was like $2500 or something and I didnt care.

I still sort of miss that 435 though.

Sorry to hear that. What time was your appointment tomorrow? I’m getting nervous because mine is 9am and I’ve heard nothing but a message confirming it.
10am. It sounds like the firmware update is pushing everyone out, but who knows- maybe it's just a matter of having so many cars to process and yours just happened to get under the wire for delivery. Fingers crossed! Can't wait to start seeing the posts of folks with their cars.

Reactions: jose3030
Indeed it is frustrating! If they'd just publicly say what's up, versus making us all play detective.. :). Not gonna happen, I know, I know.
Yeah I feel for all you! I didn’t order till May 2nd so I know I’ve probably still got a month or so. I can’t imagine being front of the list and just getting bounced around on delivery with whatever the hell is going on with Tesla. It’s so close for you guys and gals… but 2 steps forward and 1-3 steps back. Stay strong y’all! It’ll happen!

Reactions: GuyFromAz