Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't answer your question but have the same concern about the wheels, tires and comfort. There is also the issue of different size tires front and rear, and of wheel damage even from smaller road imperfections. In upstate NY there is the cold weather and some snow to deal with. I have a first day order for a performance that I am now considering changing to the LR. The 40+ mile extra range would be nice. It still is a fast car and quicker than most. I have researched changing M3P wheels and tires to 18" all season. The cost would be about $3000 and maybe $2000 back from selling current tires/wheels. There would still be that thrill of a driving the Performance and even slightly quicker acceleration from what I have read. Plus never looking back and saying I should have gotten a Performance.

It's a dilemma I haven't resolved. 1) M3P as is. 2) Performance with tire/wheel change. 3) A Long Range. Choice 3) makes the most sense to me but then there is the psychological side.
Coming from a 2021 M3P and having driven both LR and standard range the difference in wheel size/comfort isn't that noticable to me. I've also driven BMW's for the last 20 years on many RFT's so I'm used to that ride. I love knowing I'm faster than pretty much everyone around me. I don't feel I'm sacrificing ride quality for that or if I am it's not too much to care. I do have a winter set up I'll swap into in late October that are 19" all season wheels. Still looks good and will be fine in snow. I refuse to compromise even thought the LR is still quick, it's NOT performance quick and that means something to me but of course ymmv.

Reactions: arkhos
does model 3 LR have
I'm seeing a lot of wheel discussion on here recently.

Question for those of you who've driven both the new M3P and the new LR: how do their respective tire sizes seem to affect the ride quality, bumps and such? I've heard the 20s are harsher, but is this dealbreakingly harsher or just slightly less comfortable? I've test driven the new LR and loved the upgraded ride quality compared to my 2018 Model 3 LR. So I'd be bummed to get my M3P and discover that the ride quality due to the 20s has reverted a lot of this improvement back down to 2018 levels.

Anyone mind weighing in? Thanks!
do you know if suspension of LR-24 and M3P are same?

I have been super bummed ever since my EDD got pushed from July - August to August - September last Sunday.
So I started bugging my SA via text and chat in app this week and what do you know I just got assigned a VIN all of a sudden just now. EDD just went from August to June 20-27. I then got a message to upload insurance. I messaged back after doing that to schedule delivery and now I’m picking it up this weekend.
Tesla may hate me for this but messaging clearly worked in my case and I don’t regret one bit being annoying. Now here’s hoping this car wasn’t passed on by someone else.

I have been super bummed ever since my EDD got pushed from July - August to August - September last Sunday.
So I started bugging my SA via text and chat in app this week and what do you know I just got assigned a VIN all of a sudden just now. EDD just went from August to June 20-27. I then got a message to upload insurance. I messaged back after doing that to schedule delivery and now I’m picking it up this weekend.
Tesla may hate me for this but messaging clearly worked in my case and I don’t regret one bit being annoying. Now here’s hoping this car wasn’t passed on by someone else.
This requires an SA that actually responds, you got lucky

Reactions: hkarthik
When did you order your car?

IMG_1131.jpeg

Would it be an issue if I installed the charger like this with no cover? Most chargers are installed on the side of the house and have some type of cover

How is it that a January 10 order still has no vin when exact figuration of vehicles have been delivered to my area
I’m so upset and confused right nowView attachment 1058229

You dont have a january 10th order, you have a april 23rd order (the LR order isnt really relevant to this).

Additionally, if you had read through this thread you would see that its been pointed out several times that there "is no line" so expecting to get your car before so and so who ordered such and such is just an exercise in making yourself frustrated.

Reactions: Gasaraki and Dan. G
View attachment 1058272

Would it be an issue if I installed the charger like this with no cover? Most chargers are installed on the side of the house and have some type of cover

No, no issue at all. Wall connectors are fine in weather, there are plenty of them just installed outside as destination chargers. You will find most on the side of the house in a residential install because thats a LOT easier to do permitted and correct than it is to run it to a pedestal somewhere.

Reactions: phantasms
I am taking delivery of the new M3P next week and was buying some accessories on abstract ocean like their blacked out emblems. I was interested in purchasing their puddle lights for either the two front doors or all 4.

However, I was googling Tesla puddle lights, and I was coming across horror stories in prior posts saying they can mess up the electronics of the door, or cause the window not to work correctly or even break the window.

Does anyone know anything more about this? Are the ones from abstract ocean safe to use?

View attachment 1058272

It's weather sealed so should be fine. Just make sure to remember to configure it to only work with authorized cars unless you feel like giving away electricity.

Reactions: kardis1221
I am taking delivery of the new M3P next week and was buying some accessories on abstract ocean like their blacked out emblems. I was interested in purchasing their puddle lights for either the two front doors or all 4.

However, I was googling Tesla puddle lights, and I was coming across horror stories in prior posts saying they can mess up the electronics of the door, or cause the window not to work correctly or even break the window.

Does anyone know anything more about this? Are the ones from abstract ocean safe to use?
It might not make a difference to you but the abstract ocean blacked out "TESLA" emblems will be slightly larger than the default metallic lettering that is already on the 24' M3s. I was able to confirm this when I compared the abstract ocean blacked out option at my shop.

I was thinking of debadging the front logo completely. I kind of like the clean look on the front. I'd probably keep the tesla lettering on the back though.

It might not make a difference to you but the abstract ocean blacked out "TESLA" emblems will be slightly larger than the default metallic lettering that is already on the 24' M3s. I was able to confirm this when I compared the abstract ocean blacked out option at my shop.
Interesting. Good call out. I wonder how they managed to not make it the same size?

How much bigger in size would you say it is? Enough where you decided to not go with them?

If you did install them, would you mind posting a pic so I can see how it looks?

Interesting. Good call out. I wonder how they managed to not make it the same size?

How much bigger in size would you say it is? Enough where you decided to not go with them?

If you did install them, would you mind posting a pic so I can see how it looks?
I decided not to go with the blacked out option. The abstract ocean lettering wasn't that much bigger but I think it was originally designed for 23' and prior M3s. Maybe Abstract Ocean might update the sizing to match highland M3s? My shop wanted just wanted to point it out since the size difference might matter to their customers who own a 24' M3.

Neither OEM 18s nor 19s will fit.

I saw a few posts considering the fitment and talking about the lip. The issue is the inner diameter of the OEM wheels; they won't fit over the calipers. None of the Tesla OEM 18 or 19s do, but plenty of aftermarket 18s do fit. I didn't pay attention to the hubs, but the calipers are the same as the '23.
I’m pretty certain the newer V2 Tesla 19” sport wheels do fit over the lip

I decided not to go with the blacked out option. The abstract ocean lettering wasn't that much bigger but I think it was originally designed for 23' and prior M3s. Maybe Abstract Ocean might update the sizing to match highland M3s? My shop wanted just wanted to point it out since the size difference might matter to their customers who own a 24' M3.
Okay thanks for the info. Did you decide not go with the blacked out mostly because of the slight increase in size? Or was there another reason? I have stealth grey and I really think it would look sharp with tinted windows and blacked out emblems, but these ones from abstract were the only ones I could find that seemed to be quality product.