Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My charger is located on the opposite wall right behind my panel. My electrician only charged me $450 for the job.

Even though my charger was free I still had to pay $50 in sales tax for it. Level 2 for $500 doesn't seem too bad. šŸ˜®
Mine was in the exact same location and was only $375...and I got a percentage of this back on the federal tax credit for rural area "fueling station" installation (some areas just outside of PHX are defined as rural). :)

Reactions: analoq
Well 1/6 sheet have VINs! That the good news!.
Bad news is I am on the bottom quarter of the sheetšŸ˜…šŸ˜­
1716583852604.png

I feel you, I'm no where near the oranges. Current locations with VINs - credit to @moggsy

Reactions: DW3434
Maybe if enough people try to pester him. But all it would take is for an influencer who heā€™d actually pay attention to, to ask. Iā€™m fully expecting my tomorrow appointment to not hold up and get pushed to Sun/Mon. And then likely that not to hold either. Feeling like the issue is at corporate, creating the new software version with the fix for whateverā€™s wrong. If indeed itā€™s FSD (as has been speculated), they should just disable it (like the early M3 Highland AWD/RWD) deliveries, and leave it at that. We already agreed to the limited features initially thing. Push that change and get the cars off the lot, into our garages.
But I dunno how many people at corporate will work a long weekend to get this out (whatever the heck ā€œthisā€ is). Oh and Iā€™d be happy to take it dirty too if it meant a day or two earlier!
Totally agree. Tesla's been shipping cybertruck without FSD OR autopilot 6 months after release (which is wild), but at least deliveries for that have commenced. You would think they'd prioritize trying to deliver cars however possible. I'm not saying I want an incomplete car like the CT, but out of all the models, I'd expect the Model 3 to be the most dialed in...

Reactions: GuyFromAz
Happy to see these VINs coming to folks!

I still haven't seen any order from PNW getting any VINs though.. Tesla, where is the love? šŸ˜¢
Oregon has an EV rebate (worth 2,500 and goes up to 7,500) that expires June 3rd, I can't help but feel cheated by the sight of the East Coast getting VINs before the Northwest... Tesla, please! We're only a day away from you!

Reactions: pdx_m3s and arkhos
lol, yea iā€™ll take it dirty also. iā€™ll just take it to a good place that does washing by hand. good luck tomorrow, i think someone who got the sc call said the updates will be done tomorrow.
Actually Iā€™d rather take it dirty and not have anyone else touch it as I plan to do a full detail, decon, polish, prep and ceramic coating immediately

View attachment 1050228
Got my delivery date! Delivery date updated in the app shortly after the messages.
I think yours is the second or third screenshot with a nearly identical message, just diff location name, in it. Thatā€™s between here and that Facebook group. But one of the people might be the same.
Kinda clear a copy/paste message theyā€™re sending out, so hopefully that means itā€™s from someone at corporate who knows something, versus a SA at a delivery center whoā€™s guessing on true dates.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and KGinCO
Seeing the VINs is exciting but I can't believe we're at 205 pages of posts and no one with a confirmed delivery. Sounds like the first ones will be in SoCal maybe Sunday or Monday? Anyone earlier?
Right? And we just passed a month since Tesla began taking orders. I guess this pales in comparison to 2021-2022 when people were waiting 6-8+ months for cars. Hoping Sundays the day for first deliveries.

What are the chances of me getting my Order in June, if there is two that are located in my city Houston, TX that have already received their vins? and I originally placed my order March 16th. ( I have not received vin, EDD June 1st-29th.
Pretty high, I'd say. The current containment hold seems to be messing with the EDDs. Once that's removed, things should improve quickly.

Last week my EDD switched from May 17th to 31st to May 24th - June 8th. No VIN yet, but Iā€™m really hoping for one sometime this weekend with a 4/24 order.

Thereā€™s a good chance tomorrow my EDD could change significantly, but seeing VINS drop after crazy EDD pushes gives me hope. Hopefully helps that Iā€™m in LA as well. The wait for the VIN has been agonizing haha. Assuming pickup issues are no longer a thing by Sunday, newer VINS should move very quickly.

Like Iā€™ve said in previous posts, I have two orders. A LR switched to performance and a Performance ordered day of announcement. Just got a VIN on the 2nd order, meaning I now have 2 VINs. So now I officially havenā€™t ā€œcutā€ anyone in line. Iā€™ll cancel one of the orders to free up the car to someone else. I think this supports the theory that geography matters most, followed by order time.

I'd rather wait to get a VIN until an actual delivery happens. Feels like it's going to be very frustrating waiting for a delivery date only to get pushed around 10 times in the span of a week. I'm frustrated for the people here that have been dealing with that!
Indeed it is frustrating! If they'd just publicly say what's up, versus making us all play detective.. :). Not gonna happen, I know, I know.