Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had great luck with homebridge, but I’m also using Ratgdo and there’s an AP directly above the garage and a second one on the same floor about 30 feet away.

What I might also setup is an automation in Home Assistant where after a few minutes if no one is home and my exit NFC tag is scanned to close the garage automatically for me as an added precaution.

I haven’t had geoip fail me yet, but it’s nice to have. Normally MyQ sends the notification that it closed as I have that as well for a backup.

With the dash rattle seemingly more common it would probably be awesome if you could throw together a how to write up or a yt video on how you addressed it for people.
If you have the time or interest

My dash rattle seems to be heat dependent which will make it harder to reproduce for the SC as they have requested a ride along on my appointment day. The common driver side dash rattle causes, as reported by the Tesla community, are the speaker and VIN holder but I guess the LED strip could be a candidate as well. I'm pretty sure this will end as something I'll have to diagnose and fix myself.

Just to remember when automating mechanical actions "Supervised" is needed to minimize damage and injury ;)

• Informative
Reactions: JezzaE
My dash rattle seems to be heat dependent which will make it harder to reproduce for the SC as they have requested a ride along on my appointment day. The common driver side dash rattle causes, as reported by the Tesla community, are the speaker and VIN holder but I guess the LED strip could be a candidate as well. I'm pretty sure this will end as something I'll have to diagnose and fix myself.

Yeah the first place I checked was the speaker grill down by the base of the windshield because that's where my rattle was in my 2021. I could tell it wasn't in that same spot so I just poked around until I found it by pressing on things: the soft cover on top of the LED strip. Not a place I expected a rattle to be but I bet there are dozens of candidates in and all around the dash so it's possible that people have different rattles.

Welp.. I was supposed to pick up my car in an hour and just got a call from the delivery center that they found a large dent by the rear right wheel well. They said I could pick it up as is or accept delivery and schedule service. I opted to have them repair before accepting delivery.

Has this happened to anyone here before? I am wondering if I should just reject this one and wait for a new VIN. It sucks knowing that I am going to be paying for a new car that has already had significant damage.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Welp.. I was supposed to pick up my car in an hour and just got a call from the delivery center that they found a large dent by the rear right wheel well. They said I could pick it up as is or accept delivery and schedule service. I opted to have them repair before accepting delivery.

Has this happened to anyone here before? I am wondering if I should just reject this one and wait for a new VIN. It sucks knowing that I am going to be paying for a new car that has already had significant damage.
I was supposed to pick my car up yesteday. Received a text 14 hours prior stating that the vehicle was running a firmware update and that delievery needed to be rescheduled. Received another text stating that the vehicle failed inspection and that I would need to wait for a new VIN. Not sure if this is the exact reason or if the vehicle had damages.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
B

Btw I am supposed to be picking the car up Sat, did you get a vin ?
You know any good Tint/PPF places in Central/North Jersey?
OMG congrats! Princeton or Paramus?
i stopped by Paramus Tesla and got zero info/help. waste of time.
i got a list of tint places i've shopped around for recently in Northern NJ.
haven't decided yet. Place i normally go to has increased their prices way too much.

Notification for vin just came through about 5 minutes ago. The Vin gods have spoken in Michigan…the drought is over 😆

Attachments

• IMG_5552.jpeg
    IMG_5552.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yeah the first place I checked was the speaker grill down by the base of the windshield because that's where my rattle was in my 2021. I could tell it wasn't in that same spot so I just poked around until I found it by pressing on things: the soft cover on top of the LED strip. Not a place I expected a rattle to be but I bet there are dozens of candidates in and all around the dash so it's possible that people have different rattles.
It could be worse y’all! Back in the late 80s my dad got a used Cadillac that had a rattle in the trunk while driving. Obviously hard to figure out where it was coming from, so he had 8 year old me climb into the trunk with a flashlight and then drove it down a road while I was supposed to figure out where the rattle was coming from. Ahh… the 80s. 😂

It could be worse y’all! Back in the late 80s my dad got a used Cadillac that had a rattle in the trunk while driving. Obviously hard to figure out where it was coming from, so he had 8 year old me climb into the trunk with a flashlight and then drove it down a road while I was supposed to figure out where the rattle was coming from. Ahh… the 80s. 😂
Well...did you find it? LOL

I can reproduce my rattle by pressing on my speaker area so it's probably the speaker to grill or grill to VIN plate. Unfortunately when these heat up and expand I can't reproduce it. When I drive over bumpy roads my car sounds like a Geiger counter near Fukushima.

lol. This must be the 80's because in 2024 an eight year old would sue the parents for abuse :)