Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivered. Amazing in every way but WAY lower (physically) that I expected. Forgive me, I am an old guy and I came from a Tundra+Model Y so I didnt expect it. Still, its a blast - way faster than I expected, great ride, great tech, etc. Tesla customer service not so great, but the build quality is great so it makes up for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 3
OMG congrats! Princeton or Paramus?
i stopped by Paramus Tesla and got zero info/help. waste of time.
i got a list of tint places i've shopped around for recently in Northern NJ.
haven't decided yet. Place i normally go to has increased their prices way too much.
Princeton , prices seem to have gone up across the board

1k for ceramic ir tints .. seems a lot

3k for front ppf with rockers

debating if its even worth ppf for that.

Idk if it matters but once i removed my trade-in the vin seemed to come pretty quick, could just be a coincidence. Ended up selling to carmax anyways.

Reactions: Sandee3
Princeton , prices seem to have gone up across the board

1k for ceramic ir tints .. seems a lot

3k for front ppf with rockers

debating if its even worth ppf for that.

Idk if it matters but once i removed my trade-in the vin seemed to come pretty quick, could just be a coincidence. Ended up selling to carmax anyways.
i know 1 or 2 reputable ppf places up north that will do the front 1/4 for around 1,200 its a decent price but i'm not spending that. i'll DIY ppf the small areas where the mudflaps go. looking at my '20 M3P today, i only spotted less than 10 small paint chips and just covered it up with the paint repair kit. Tints with 3M/Suntek ceramic around in 600-800 range no windshield. i might consider the lower end brand called Global, around 350. There are a few places doing Groupons, but they have very few reviews.

I don't disagree it's a clear improvement, but a ~10s 60-130 isn't even close to the Plaid at a ~4.5. The old "Ludicrous" Model S from 2020 was doing ~10s before the Plaid came along. Not that I expected 4.5, but 8-9s would have been nice haha!
Let us know what you think about it now since you are doing mid 9s for 60-130 mph already. Is that better than you thought it would do?

Let us know what you think about it now since you are doing mid 9s for 60-130 mph already. Is that better than you thought it would do?
Haha! It's better than I had expected based on the original tests coming in. 9.35 is pretty good I think.

However, I didn't have the pack temp anywhere near where I wanted and the SOC was only ~87%. There's definitely room to improve. So, yeah, I'm much happier now. I crushed my old car.

Time_Slip.jpg

Last edited:
Haha! It's better than I had expected based on the original tests coming in. 9.35 is pretty good I think.

However, I didn't have the pack temp anywhere near where I wanted and the SOC was only ~87%. There's definitely room to improve. So, yeah, I'm much happier now. I crushed my old car.
How did you get it so soon? Were there any other cars at the service center? I thought their first shipment wasnā€™t supposed to come in until 6/11? Did you pick it up in Raleigh?

Here is the evolution of the Model 3 Performance. This is 100% stock in Track Mode on a cold day. Then fully gutted on 18s. Then the fastest 2024 time so far.

Just look at the difference in trap speeds. I canā€™t wait to see what the new one will do with some weight reductions.

IMG_6374.png
IMG_6373.png
IMG_6372.png

View attachment 1054576
Is that at the Rock? Was that an old Model 3 Performance in the left lane?

How did you get it so soon? Were there any other cars at the service center? I thought their first shipment wasnā€™t supposed to come in until 6/11? Did you pick it up in Raleigh?
I actually moved up to MA a few years back. I ordered within like 5 minutes of the configurator opening, got lucky mostly I think! This was at New England Dragway. My 2021 3P was in the left lane. Cell temps on that were way better. Similar SOC on Uberheavys. But it also has a splitter and wing slowing it down lol

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I actually moved up to MA a few years back. I ordered within like 5 minutes of the configurator opening, got lucky mostly I think! This was at New England Dragway. My 2021 3P was in the left lane. Cell temps on that were way better. Similar SOC on Uberheavys. But it also has a splitter and wing slowing it down lol
Congrats! That looks like a great upgrade then.

• Love
Reactions: MasterC17
How hard are the break supposed to be to press? I'm not sure if maybe I just haven't gotten used to the car yet, but it seems like pressing hard on the brakes, doesn't stop the car much faster than natural regen does.

Edit: another quick question, if I submit a service request for a couple paint issues / alignment issues, and the car is at 50 miles right now. Do I have to stay under 100 miles after submitting, or does the mile count only matter at time of service request submission.

How hard are the break supposed to be to press? I'm not sure if maybe I just haven't gotten used to the car yet, but it seems like pressing hard on the brakes, doesn't stop the car much faster than natural regen does.

Edit: another quick question, if I submit a service request for a couple paint issues / alignment issues, and the car is at 50 miles right now. Do I have to stay under 100 miles after submitting, or does the mile count only matter at time of service request submission.
Only matters at time. I put in a request today and the soonest available they had was July 10th lmao