Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So people that have the winter climate, what are you all doing for winter tires/wheels? Looking to order now, just in case it takes a while for them to get delivered.
I have a complete set of all seasons on their own rims.

Attachments

• PXL_20211226_181053973.jpg
    PXL_20211226_181053973.jpg
    631.5 KB · Views: 3
It looks like since May 28th's settlement rule T+1, settling individual stock trades is done the next business day, and 'certain mutual funds' are in the same timeframe. Those that are not are instead T+2, the second business day after the trade. Additionally a money market mutual fund trade's proceeds are available on the same day as the trade.
Exactly, I had these funds sitting in money market sweep account, so it's as liquid as cash.

These people doing PFF are not doing it for an investment. I too find it insane people are spending almost $10k on after market stuff on a $50k vehicle but I calculate ROI on investments for a living and could never think about doing something like this on a depreciating asset. To each their own
Yeah I'm really struggling if I want to spend the money to get the front bumper area PPF or not. I tend to own my cars for a minimum of 10 years and assume basically a 100% loss in value. So the only reason I would get it done is to keep the car looking nicer for myself a bit longer. But that's also spending money that could be otherwise generating me return. I feel like I'm already taking a big net worth hit just by paying cash for this car (it's most expensive car I've ever purchased). I'm really struggling with whether or not I should throw away a little more on front end PPF, or just cut my losses here.

Yeah I'm really struggling if I want to spend the money to get the front bumper area PPF or not. I tend to own my cars for a minimum of 10 years and assume basically a 100% loss in value. So the only reason I would get it done is to keep the car looking nicer for myself a bit longer. But that's also spending money that could be otherwise generating me return. I feel like I'm already taking a big net worth hit just by paying cash for this car (it's most expensive car I've ever purchased). I'm really struggling with whether or not I should throw away a little more on front end PPF, or just cut my losses here.
On prior model years, the front bumper is $1500 installed. That is painted.

What a freaking day!

Was in bed this morning reading and my SA called. He tells he sees an available White/black M3P at a Tesla dealership 25 miles from his store. If I want it, he can make it happen BUT there is one catch .. the $7500 tax credit will NOT apply. Please note, I ordered on 5/1 and the build he sees does apply BUT he says .. if you buy this one .. it is at the current pricing level and not at the pricing level when I ordered.

I pleaded with him to make it happen and he says he can not.

After getting up, I tried to look for that available white/black M3P on my app and online and I do not see it. Hell, I will just drive to this Tesla dealership and beg them. As I am driving there, my SA calls me again. He tells me there is an employee at his store and he may not take his M3P and he is deciding now. If he gives it up, it is yours. And this one does get the $7500 (SG/black). We hang up and he calls me 5 mins later .. the employee decided to take it.

GRRRRR!

I get to this other Tesla dealership and they have 2 available: White/black & UR/black. I can take either BUT again the $7500 will not apply. See pic below.

I am told these are the ONLY 2 available M3P in the entire Metro DC area (at the Silver Spring MD location)

I changed my order from SG/black to White/black. Let's see if the Tesla AI monkey assigns the one below to me over the next 2 days ... assuming someone does not buy it this afternoon or tomorrow.

View attachment 1056830
This is an update to the above.

My SA called me this morning early and again I was in bed reading. He wanted to see the price if he were to assign my order to the white M3P. He was shocked that the system was not showing the current price, BUT the price when I ordered. He asked my permission to make it happen and I said yes.

Immediately my app updated with a VIN and asked me to show proof of insurance.

OMG! He scheduled me for delivery this Wed.

Please read this: If you do NOT have a VIN and find an available MP3 on the lot, the pricing of that vehicle will be the price when you ordered!

My SA was shocked as he has had Model Y customers do the same and it has always defaulted to current pricing. He is not sure why it allowed my order to default to the pricing level from May 1 (when I ordered). As a result, I will get my $7500 tax credit

1718574031129.png

Buy yourself touch up paint from Tesla for <$100 and it will be as good at front end PFF. Perhaps some folks are hyper aware of other people's vehicles, but I have never once in my life looked at someone's hood and noticed tiny little rock chips. Hell I don't even noticed them on my 8 yr old vehicles unless I'm hand washing them. So in the end, you'd strictly be spending the money on PFF for yourself as less than 0.0001% of people will ever notice.

Buy yourself touch up paint from Tesla for <$100 and it will be as good at front end PFF. Perhaps some folks are hyper aware of other people's vehicles, but I have never once in my life looked at someone's hood and noticed tiny little rock chips. Hell I don't even noticed them on my 8 yr old vehicles unless I'm hand washing them. So in the end, you'd strictly be spending the money on PFF for yourself as less than 0.0001% of people will ever notice.
100% for myself and 100% worth it.

For people that already got their deliveries - were your early EDD accurate? Mine went from June to July to July - August and now August - September. Online it still says July - August delivery. So I'm hoping I still get the car in July or I'll have little to no use of the summer tires