Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just confirmed with my sales adviser, it is still available for purchase and is in inventory. Model 3 performance, black, 18" aeros, $50,740. She also confirmed that it is without any of the Performance Upgrade Package.

She told me she sold 2 yesterday, including the one that was in inventory she quoted me yesterday afternoon.

I'm now waiting on my trade quote to see how underwater I'd be to trade my 8 week old LR AWD. I'm guessing I won't be able to make it work without taking a bath on it, but we'll see.
I’m not jealous...okay I’m a liar.

I specifically asked for this build about 2 months ago. Oh well. I have red brakes and larger than preferred wheels...and paid way more for it. Yay!

I’m not jealous...okay I’m a liar.

I specifically asked for this build about 2 months ago. Oh well. I have red brakes and larger than preferred wheels...and paid way more for it. Yay!
Believe me, I asked for the same build 2 months ago too. I reminded my sales adviser of that today. But since I couldn't get a P without 20" wheels at the time, I went the other way and went with the LR AWD. I just couldn't justify 20s where I live (my buddy's got them and already busted 2, yikes!).

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
@Urbancowboy the trade in quote stinks, they gave 37.5 for a trade in quote on my AWD, FSD, 12k mike’s. Can’t justify the 18k difference to upgrade to this. Would rather save it for later and see how things change in 3 years.

I purchased a LR AWD Model 3 only 3 weeks ago and now it looks like the P3- is the same price or lower as others have said. Maybe those affected should all tweet Musk and Tesla to see if an update / upgrade will be made available. From what I have read here it does seem like an over the air update would be possible. Any thoughts on how to band together so Tesla is aware of the demand for such a change?
Just tweet @elonmusk. He has like a 27.4m followers but he does answer when it suits his mood.

Reactions: kdhsurf83
Confirmed it’s $49,900 for white with 18” wheels. No upgraded brakes, pedals, or spoiler.

Just tweet @elonmusk. He has like a 27.4m followers but he does answer when it suits his mood.

Lots of people already asking on Twitter (search "LR AWD"). Keep pressing. And sign this if you haven't already. We just broke over 1000! Sign the Petition

No longer true. @Teslaswild I believe holds the current 1/4 mile record with his “P3D+”

Notice I said "stock P3D". Which implies no aftermarket wheels, tires, etc. The wheels on the Stealth P3D have less rotational inertia and that is why they are a touch faster than the P3D+. Once you start changing the very things that differentiate it from a Stealth P3D, it's not a "stock P3D" any more than a Stealth P3D is a P3D+. Remember, the underlying car is identical, we are just comparing the difference the differences make! :confused:

• Disagree
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Notice I said "stock P3D". Which implies no aftermarket wheels, tires, etc. The wheels on the Stealth P3D have less rotational inertia and that is why they are a touch faster than the P3D+. Once you start changing the very things that differentiate it from a Stealth P3D, it's not a "stock P3D" any more than a Stealth P3D is a P3D+. Remember, the underlying car is identical, we are just comparing the difference the differences make! :confused:
I must have missed what alterations his car has. I’m under the impression It was stock, just removed about 40lbs of interior weight. (Stock 20’s and all the “things that make a +” still on the car)

So please enlighten me.

Video I’m referencing:

Last edited:
I must have missed what alterations his car has. I’m under the impression It was stock, just removed about 40lbs of interior weight. (Stock 20’s and all the “things that make a +” still on the car)

So please enlighten me.

Stripping the interior of the car of 45 lbs. is not really a good way to compare the differences of a stock Stealth P3D to a stock P3D+. He even unbolted the rear seat!

Stripping the interior of the car of 45 lbs. is not really a good way to compare the differences of a stock Stealth P3D to a stock P3D+. He even unbolted the rear seat!
Only The bottom 1/2, it weighed 5lbs. But I suppose we’re splitting hairs at this point. 1% weight loss. Drivers weight hasn’t more an impact. (He is pretty light).

Removing Floor mats and bottom 1/2 of back seat is hardly stripping the interior.

My trade quote from Tesla
giphy.gif
Just got mine and it's the same. So no trade and replacement for me. I'll have to hope for a software uncork.

@Urbancowboy the trade in quote stinks, they gave 37.5 for a trade in quote on my AWD, FSD, 12k mike’s. Can’t justify the 18k difference to upgrade to this. Would rather save it for later and see how things change in 3 years.

Haha I tried to trade in a LR AWD that listed for 51K 4 months ago for a perf model and it had 200 miles on it but was over a week out by a day and Tesla offered me 39K trade in lolol...great resale value!

Absolutely! The record-holder for a stock P3D in 0-60 mph times (and 1/4 mile) is held by a Stealth P3D, not a P3D with performance tires.

I've gone up against P3D with my stealth when i still had 18's and edged past him even when he had the jump. After I got my aftermarket 20's which have similar weight to the stock P 20's, I definitely felt the additional weight slow me down a hair.

Reactions: StealthP3D