Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance price increase

Do you think this could be a mistake?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 38 76.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure the RWD Taycan has much to do with it as that's more like a £90K car by the time you add options. I think it probably is down to supply, along with ICE competition upping their prices. For example, the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio is about £65K, the Mercedes C63 AMG pushing £70K and the new BMW M3 nearly £75K (though that's partly explained by BMW only supplying competition versions of their M cars to the UK, which probably added £3-4K to the price). Compared to these, the £60k for the performance model 3 doesn't look too bad. To be honest even though I have a performance model 3 (actually a stealthy P3D-), I don't think you'd be missing much with the long range as you can't really use the performance that much in the UK without risking a speeding fine.

I'm not sure the RWD Taycan has much to do with it as that's more like a £90K car by the time you add options. I think it probably is down to supply, along with ICE competition upping their prices. For example, the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio is about £65K, the Mercedes C63 AMG pushing £70K and the new BMW M3 nearly £75K (though that's partly explained by BMW only supplying competition versions of their M cars to the UK, which probably added £3-4K to the price). Compared to these, the £60k for the performance model 3 doesn't look too bad. To be honest even though I have a performance model 3 (actually a stealthy P3D-), I don't think you'd be missing much with the long range as you can't really use the performance that much in the UK without risking a speeding fine.
There are fines for how fast you go, not for how quickly you get to the speed limit ;)

Yeah the LR is quick enough, especially with boost. I didn’t even bother with that. I don’t think many people realise just how quick these things are. The standard LR is not a car you can drive foot to the floor everywhere like you might with an average TDi. Obviously the P is even quicker, but I knew I wouldn’t get enough real world use out of the extra power and didn’t want the bigger wheels etc. Having now had the LR for a month I’m certainly not regretting it! It’s effing quick and rides well on the 18s.

Only real advantage I see with the P is track mode for those planning track days. For that kind of use it makes sense.

Reactions: pow216