Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a great resource for checking order dates, VIN dates and numbers and a lot other info about orders. I know we have the Q3 order folks and some remaining Q2 orders - so I wanted to add this for the Q3 folks. There's also another link out that that presents some of this in a dashboard style format - that you may want to search this thread for. I'll try to find/post later today.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet | Tesla Motors Club
Thanks!

Reactions: julit0
Ouch that is even worse. I just did a cars.com search and there seem to be few around DMV.
Usually the classic list the demo car or a incoming order that is already sold. Just to get you to call or come in and even then crazy mark ups. Wife and I were looking for her car and the dealer adjusted the price up $4000 as a fair market adjustment. When I asked if they would add the same adjustment if I ordered the car from Toyota and waited they told me no. Having already had a Tesla I didn’t mind waiting. So we placed the order and the next day they called us and begged us to buy the one on the lot and took off the crazy mark up.

• Funny
Reactions: julit0 and E mp3
Hey guys,

I wanted to chime in on the last two posts....The one reason the Model 3 Performance is $65K is that its a fairly stripped car with few options. This was obviously deliberate by Tesla to offer the "world" an affordable EV ....of course the Model 3 has seen many price increases and even more features deleted (and a couple added). The VW also offers a vastly better dealer network and customer service than Teslas.

I want to use the 2022 GTI that I bought to get me through my wait for a M3P as a comparison. The total MSRP for my GTI Autobahn was $40,605, that includes shipping/destination charge.

For $40,605 it has the following that the Model 3 does not:

Heads Up Display
Drivers side virtual display
AC seats (as well as heated of course)
CarPlay & Android Auto
SiriusXM
Multi mode adaptive chassis control
Passenger lumbar support

Of course the GTI also has all the other features of most modern upper end cars these days...So, to get the items in a Tesla that my $40,605 VW has, we have to pony up for a Model S or X.
I will raise you all you said and add Tesla car margins are 34%. No one has margins like this. As long as we keep paying, we will keep getting cars that are not well optioned.

I just sold my model Y I paid 56k for 8 months ago to Driveway for 68k. They will in turn sell it for 75k. And the beat goes on.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 3geekfamily
Hi guys popping in again from LR world. So another fly over was done yesterday (link below). The factory appears to be opening up again and they have made a lot of gigacast parts over the past week. Don't forget if you are East coast it takes 2-3 to ship once the car is made. This will put you at an August date. I know you guys aren't used to waiting ;) but the factory was closed so no movement or shipping could occur. That means anyone who will need rail shipping is going to wait until August no matter what. Take care :)

EDIT: Updated video to current 7/11/22
Why was freemont closed? And for how long?

I will raise you all you said and add Tesla car margins are 34%. No one has margins like this. As long as we keep paying, we will keep getting cars that are not well optioned.

I just sold my model Y I paid 56k for 8 months ago to Driveway for 68k. They will in turn sell it for 75k. And the beat goes on.
Thats amazing Tommy!! Well done congrats. 🥂

Now my BAD news.....I just got my VIN on M3P #3.....They reattached me to the last M3P that was utterly ATROCIOUS, the pictures of that car are in a previous post I did here at TMC. This is just sadly incredible. In the words of Shark Tank...... I'm out.

I've had a really fun time (for the most part) chatting with many of you here. Those of you who got Teslas built right, I truly am SO happy for you, enjoy the car, they really are great if you got a good one.

Be safe everyone

Now my BAD news.....I just got my VIN on M3P #3.....They reattached me to the last M3P that was utterly ATROCIOUS, the pictures of that car are in a previous post I did here at TMC. This is just sadly incredible. In the words of Shark Tank...... I'm out.

I've had a really fun time (for the most part) chatting with many of you here. Those of you who got Teslas built right, I truly am SO happy for you, enjoy the car, they really are great if you got a good one.

Be safe everyone
Sorry to hear that Gulfcoaster. That is really strange they would do that

Be safe everyone

Be safe everyone
My mind can’t wrap around the fact that you reject a car and get the same car weeks later… who wouldn’t have as a company even addressed the original issues….

Reactions: MrBubbles
Hmm so I just off the phone with a local Tesla rep and asked some general questions.

Take this with a grain of semi-salty salt, but I had asked about the 2 week shut down at Fremont and how that was affecting the EDDs etc...

He said that from what he has witnessed so far, "...if your EED changed on the first week of July / week of the 4th, those EDDs are accurate and still on course to follow the traditional pattern etc... ie... if an order was to be affected by the shut down (a car early in the production line) then the EDD that changed on the first week of July would indicate the delay. - That the M3Ps are moving out the fastest."

I assume that it is possible that a chunk of the M3Ps were ahead in the production, allowing it to not be as affected? - I'm aware that there are those with rubber band EDDs with ranges all over the place. There are other variables at play here too, but who knows...

Although I knew that he couldn't give me specifics, I just asked out of curiosity what my DD would likely be and he said from the looks of my order history and location, around mid August. - This is what I was hoping for so who knows... if it happens, awesome, if not oh well...

Crossing my fingers for mid August.

Hmm so I just off the phone with a local Tesla rep and asked some general questions.

Take this with a grain of semi-salty salt, but I had asked about the 2 week shut down at Fremont and how that was affecting the EDDs etc...

He said that from what he has witnessed so far, "...if your EED changed on the first week of July / week of the 4th, those EDDs are accurate and still on course to follow the traditional pattern etc... ie... if an order was to be affected by the shut down (a car early in the production line) then the EDD that changed on the first week of July would indicate the delay. - That the M3Ps are moving out the fastest."

I assume that it is possible that a chunk of the M3Ps were ahead in the production, allowing it to not be as affected? - I'm aware that there are those with rubber band EDDs with ranges all over the place. There are other variables at play here too, but who knows...

Although I knew that he couldn't give me specifics, I just asked out of curiosity what my DD would likely be and he said from the looks of my order history and location, around mid August. - This is what I was hoping for so who knows... if it happens, awesome, if not oh well...

That would be a breath of fresh air if that holds true. Would have me around mid August as well.

Be safe everyone
While you're likely in the right state of mind on this, why not take a look at it? I VERY highly doubt it, but maybe it's been repaired.

I mean, stranger things have happened. Not much stranger, but all the same. :)

My experience is lining up with what you were told. My EDD updated the week of the 4th and I got a VIN on Sunday 7/10. Then, I got the text this morning that my car has left the factory and is in transit (to TX). So I either got the first one off the line in Fremont or the one @Gulfcoaster just rejected.

@Gulfcoaster I am truly sorry to hear about your situation. That sucks knowing you’ve been anticipating this car.

My experience is lining up with what you were told. My EDD updated the week of the 4th and I got a VIN on Sunday 7/10. Then, I got the text this morning that my car has left the factory and is in transit (to TX). So I either got the first one off the line in Fremont or the one @Gulfcoaster just rejected.

@Gulfcoaster I am truly sorry to hear about your situation. That sucks knowing you’ve been anticipating this car.
No worries - @Gulfcoaster ordered red on (I believe) white - so you should be in the clear!

Be safe everyone
Wow! I’m sorry to hear that @Gulfcoaster i wonder if that car has been denied several times before it has come back to you. That sucks. Keep an eye on tesla info and you can get one from there.

What’s the VIN for that car, so none of us get saddled with it. I am also team red.

411D3578-5EC7-4127-AC77-1EFA86430B37_1_102_o.jpeg
FBCACF8E-EE9F-4A40-8BA9-15BDE0228298.png

Hey guys, good morning. Just checking in over my coffee. I emailed my SA and the area manager last night to see
just how this happened. Attached are two screenshots from the Tesla app. The original showing my first EDD and VIN, the second screenshot showing the same VIN and new EDD that I received yesterday. This VIN is the second M3P I rejected, the pictures of it are several pages back.

Seriously, Tesla is a mess on all fronts.

Hey guys, good morning. Just checking in over my coffee. I emailed my SA and the area manager last night View attachment 828444View attachment 828445to see just how this happened. Attached are two screenshots from the Tesla app. The original showing my first EDD and VIN, the second screenshot showing the same VIN and new EDD that I received yesterday. This VIN is the second M3P I rejected, the pictures of it are several pages back.
Dang, thanks for sharing. I hope this was a mistake but doubt it was. I was told a week or two prior to the end of quarter that my car was being built tomorrow 7/15 so I am hopeful I get a VIN tomorrow. I look forward hearing your SA reply

View attachment 828444View attachment 828445
Hey guys, good morning. Just checking in over my coffee. I emailed my SA and the area manager last night to see
just how this happened. Attached are two screenshots from the Tesla app. The original showing my first EDD and VIN, the second screenshot showing the same VIN and new EDD that I received yesterday. This VIN is the second M3P I rejected, the pictures of it are several pages back.

Seriously, Tesla is a mess on all fronts.
I guess the million dollar question would be did they fix the issues I wonder.

Reactions: MrBubbles
I guess the million dollar question would be did they fix the issues I wonder.
I'll let you guys know when I hear back. Regarding VIN 274280.....that car would have required the right front fender to be repainted, all of the roof glass to be replaced, the frunk either adjusted or totally replaced, the B pillar glass on both sides removed and reinstalled to possibly address why it was so out of plane with the windows, and a strange sheet metal anomaly on the drivers side passenger door that in order to fix would require that door to be repainted. The car was a HUGE mess. My SA said that car would be sold within a few days.😳