Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the not-a-dealership for a test drive and the SA on site told me they sold all of their test drive vehicles. I gave her a "hmm, that's pretty stupid" look.

When I went to pick my car up I explained that I'd never driven one. She told me about 80% of new Tesla owners don't test drive before delivery.
Luckily, I was able to drive my brothers 2013 S p85 and my dad’s 3 standard. I loved both cars.

Reactions: Brou and Sonic1386
Just got my text that my car has departed from the factory! Yay!

@Flatbroke I almost feel bad that my car is coming before yours. It's ridiculous, honestly. I first poked my head into the thread when you were talking about returning all of your stuff, and being perfectly honest, I thought you might just be acting entitled. Having been here for part of the ride, I see how they really have been screwing you around. If I were you, I'd have been done LONG ago.

Any interest in a Polestar 2 BST 270? I've got one of the 46 slots for the US, with estimated delivery at the beginning of January, and I bet I could convince Polestar corporate to let me give you my allocation. It won't be as performant as the M3P, but it will definitely be rare! Haven't picked colors or anything yet, that will happen in a few more weeks when they call me for a deposit... Just throwing it out there! :)

from tesla?
Yep, automated text.
IMG_4056.PNG

Reactions: julit0 and t-rex266
Just got my text that my car has departed from the factory! Yay!

@Flatbroke I almost feel bad that my car is coming before yours. It's ridiculous, honestly. I first poked my head into the thread when you were talking about returning all of your stuff, and being perfectly honest, I thought you might just be acting entitled. Having been here for part of the ride, I see how they really have been screwing you around. If I were you, I'd have been done LONG ago.

Any interest in a Polestar 2 BST 270? I've got one of the 46 slots for the US, with estimated delivery at the beginning of January, and I bet I could convince Polestar corporate to let me give you my allocation. It won't be as performant as the M3P, but it will definitely be rare! Haven't picked colors or anything yet, that will happen in a few more weeks when they call me for a deposit... Just throwing it out there! :)
Congratulations! That is Awesome!!! You are getting the color combo I wanted to change to but was told it would delay things if i did LOL. I appreciate the Polestar offer. I am waiting to see what happens Sunday when I am a couple days deep in to the 4th 2 week widow and see where the movement goes. I cant play chess with these people cause they are either really super good or really F up, IDK which. if I get another 2 week window I may lock in a new rate and ride it out on monday since the fed meets the 26th I think. after that im not sure where i end up. But Congrats. I did keep the Nema 6-50 plug and cable organizer. I just returned everything else before the return window expired.

Congratulations! That is Awesome!!! You are getting the color combo I wanted to change to but was told it would delay things if i did LOL. I appreciate the Polestar offer. I am waiting to see what happens Sunday when I am a couple days deep in to the 4th 2 week widow and see where the movement goes. I cant play chess with these people cause they are either really super good or really F up, IDK which. if I get another 2 week window I may lock in a new rate and ride it out on monday since the fed meets the 26th I think. after that im not sure where i end up. But Congrats. I did keep the Nema 6-50 plug and cable organizer. I just returned everything else before the return window expired.
Smart man, keeping the part that's impossible to get! As soon as I thought I'd be ordering another M3P, I started keeping an eye out for things.

No worries! I'm going to keep the Polestar order around - with 46 (or fewer) coming to the US, I'm inclined to hang onto it until the last second before releasing it back into the wild, just in case. If you want it, let me know, and I'll start working on figuring it out!

I feel like you really just need to talk to the right person at Tesla to figure out wtf is up with your order. I talked to a guy at Apple yesterday because my laptop wouldn't ship - got hung up on CC auth because I decided to use my apple ID balance, which was lower than when I placed my order - and the finance guy I talked to LOVED the challenge of figuring out how to get the order fixed. 10 minutes later, it was done!

If you could just get someone like that over at Tesla - someone who craves more of a challenge than they get from their normal day-to-day - I think you'd be in business. I'd call them and get them excited... "Hey <name>, are you up for a challenge? Well check THIS situation out..." These people have access to systems... they have access to phone numbers, and contacts, and all manner of other people in that company. You just need the person who cares to use those resources!

Smart man, keeping the part that's impossible to get! As soon as I thought I'd be ordering another M3P, I started keeping an eye out for things.

No worries! I'm going to keep the Polestar order around - with 46 (or fewer) coming to the US, I'm inclined to hang onto it until the last second before releasing it back into the wild, just in case. If you want it, let me know, and I'll start working on figuring it out!

I feel like you really just need to talk to the right person at Tesla to figure out wtf is up with your order. I talked to a guy at Apple yesterday because my laptop wouldn't ship - got hung up on CC auth because I decided to use my apple ID balance, which was lower than when I placed my order - and the finance guy I talked to LOVED the challenge of figuring out how to get the order fixed. 10 minutes later, it was done!

If you could just get someone like that over at Tesla - someone who craves more of a challenge than they get from their normal day-to-day - I think you'd be in business. I'd call them and get them excited... "Hey <name>, are you up for a challenge? Well check THIS situation out..." These people have access to systems... they have access to phone numbers, and contacts, and all manner of other people in that company. You just need the person who cares to use those resources!I
I was hoping the employee from Austin that just got his car last quarter could help LOL. my wifes friend works for tesla and is part making sure things are checked off for delivery. I am hoping they can help. I am even willing to pay for Elon to get a sprayed on tan at this point having seen his vacation photos yesterday LOL

Ordered 7/13 and have a 10/23-12/4 delivery date estimate as of now. Does anyone know if that’s likely to be accurate? Seems to be a long time for the performance model.

I have an order history of a midrange model 3 and long range model s if that matters at all.
That does seem long. I ordered the performance model on 7/12 and have a 9/9-10/21 delivery estimate. What is your configuration and where are you located?? I’m in the Los Angeles area

Reactions: 3geekfamily
Congratz to everyone who got their VINs n 2 week windows!

although reading about all of this is making me so impatient lol. My OD is 6/27 n ED 08/26 - 09/30. (east coast DC)
Anyone who ordered on or after have a 2 week window??
I ordered before that and still have not received a two week window. In fact, your initial EDD is before mine even though you ordered almost 10 days after me. But apparently these dates don't mean much. Saw another post from someone that ordered LR on 6/4, switched to P on 7/7, and already has a VIN!!! It seems there are just more white cars made/available so those folks get cars quicker? At least that's what I'm telling myself.

I ordered before that and still have not received a two week window. In fact, your initial EDD is before mine even though you ordered almost 10 days after me. But apparently these dates don't mean much. Saw another post from someone that ordered LR on 6/4, switched to P on 7/7, and already has a VIN!!! It seems there are just more white cars made/available so those folks get cars quicker? At least that's what I'm telling myself.
Happened to me when I ordered my SR+. I originally chose blue and at the advice of my SA switched to white cause at the time the color wasn't a huge deal to me. It sped me up considerably. Went from being around a two month wait to getting the car in twenty something days. I am in the same boat as you this go round as I chose the white interior and a couple of posters already have their car with my color just the black interior.