Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla. I am in their system. The SA again wouldn’t confirm much of anything but said Tesla has been really bad at estimating their delivery dates and to take them with a grain of salt. He said my date is estimated delivery of 7/29 and he said not to believe that as it will most likely move. I do not think that it is the actual delivery date as we would have to agree on that. Maybe that is the new production date idk. Either way the car wasn’t built on 7/15 like I was previously told it was scheduled to be. My loan did expire. He advised not to get a new loan as it very likely could move again.

He was surprised at how long ago I ordered advising they are not part of production but Tesla has been really backlogged and bad at the DD estimates

Nothing around me was ever open for a test drive. Both locations don’t pick up their phones and the website never allows it lol.
I went to the not-a-dealership for a test drive and the SA on site told me they sold all of their test drive vehicles. I gave her a "hmm, that's pretty stupid" look.

When I went to pick my car up I explained that I'd never driven one. She told me about 80% of new Tesla owners don't test drive before delivery.

I called Tesla. I am in their system. The SA again wouldn’t confirm much of anything but said Tesla has been really bad at estimating their delivery dates and to take them with a grain of salt. He said my date is estimated delivery of 7/29 and he said not to believe that as it will most likely move. I do not think that it is the actual delivery date as we would have to agree on that. Maybe that is the new production date idk. Either way the car wasn’t built on 7/15 like I was previously told it was scheduled to be. My loan did expire. He advised not to get a new loan as it very likely could move again.

He was surprised at how long ago I ordered advising they are not part of production but Tesla has been really backlogged and bad at the DD estimates
Hard to call it a backlog or production problem when so many have ordered after you and accepted delivery before you. Your issue has to be some type of administrative problem.

And you have no avenue to escalate this to someone else? Seems Tesla managerial model is "If you're Elon, you're in charge. If you arent, you have ZERO authority." They need some middle and senior management.

Hard to call it a backlog or production problem when so many have ordered after you and accepted delivery before you. Your issue has to be some type of administrative problem.

And you have no avenue to escalate this to someone else? Seems Tesla managerial model is "If you're Elon, you're in charge. If you arent, you have ZERO authority." They need some middle and senior management.
Yeah I’m in limbo. Good news is he is working on his tan.

• Funny
Reactions: GolfProGiff

What's your next move? I would be screaming and kicking that his point.

Reactions: unlock and Brou
Have to say congrats to all the VINs in the last 24! Awesome to see that! Also Hi! New poster, lurking for a bit, decided to say hello to everyone!

Order date was 6/24 with EDD 8/7-9/11 looking at rates now, and maaan did some of the rates go bonkers, I just signed up with Navy Federal and will be looking into their rates.

Also, have to say I saw a flatbed with a couple Teslas on them rolling down the road tonight and thought to myself coming home. “I don’t even know @Flatbroke , but I could steal this dudes truck and drive cross country to deliver these M3Ps!”

Genuinely hope you get your VIN soon friend!