Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing around me was ever open for a test drive. Both locations don’t pick up their phones and the website never allows it lol.
I was on vacation in Scottsdale late April and they had multiple M3s and MYs to drive. I was able to drive the M3P and definitely cemented my desire. Unfortunately it took me a few more months to convince my wife to let me pull the trigger.

Reactions: unlock
Have to say congrats to all the VINs in the last 24! Awesome to see that! Also Hi! New poster, lurking for a bit, decided to say hello to everyone!

Order date was 6/24 with EDD 8/7-9/11 looking at rates now, and maaan did some of the rates go bonkers, I just signed up with Navy Federal and will be looking into their rates.

Also, have to say I saw a flatbed with a couple Teslas on them rolling down the road tonight and thought to myself coming home. “I don’t even know @Flatbroke , but I could steal this dudes truck and drive cross country to deliver these M3Ps!”

Genuinely hope you get your VIN soon friend!
Thanks I appreciate it. Welcome to the best group of folks this side of the Atlantic.

So what is the current deal with Tesla financing? When I applied for a loan in November I had never seen Tesla arranging their own loans so I am a bit confused which route I should take. Does Tesla arranged financing default to Tesla themselves now? Or do they still work with other banks like before? Im not sure I want my loan to be managed by Tesla if I am being honest, I would probably just apply straight through my bank if that is the case. Do you guys know how paying more affects Tesla Loans, meaning does it still allow you to pay the principal amount down faster or does it just reduce the number of payments you need to make and make you pay the entire interest amount? Sorry if I sound dumb I just want to make sure I choose right

So what is the current deal with Tesla financing? When I applied for a loan in November I had never seen Tesla arranging their own loans so I am a bit confused which route I should take. Does Tesla arranged financing default to Tesla themselves now? Or do they still work with other banks like before? Im not sure I want my loan to be managed by Tesla if I am being honest, I would probably just apply straight through my bank if that is the case. Do you guys know how paying more affects Tesla Loans, meaning does it still allow you to pay the principal amount down faster or does it just reduce the number of payments you need to make and make you pay the entire interest amount? Sorry if I sound dumb I just want to make sure I choose right
Tesla just goes to providers like US Bank and the like. Im sure Tesla gets a spif for connecting buyers with the banks. But Tesla does not service the loans at all.

Reactions: HarpoonS
My understanding is Tesla still uses other lenders for their auto loans. A few come to mind that Tesla uses are Wells Fargo, Chase, US Bank. Their best rate right now is 4.24% with stellar credit. As far as paying down the principal early, that is likely dependent on each lender. I know credit unions usually are fine with you paying more principal or paying it off early. I've paid 4 cars off early with NFCU without issues, but those big banks tend to be a bit greedier.

I have already taken delivery, I am just hanging out waiting for Flatbroke to take delivery. But I am in NW Indiana, and figured I'd share my thoughts after 3 weeks of ownership.

-Suspension is nowhere near as bad as some would suggest. My 2020 WRX on 18's was a rougher ride than this stock.
-Still plan on swapping out Uber's/Tires for an 18 or 19" set-up. I drive 100 miles a day, across some tough side roads in Chicago. Not switching due to suspension, switching due to not wanting to blow a thin tire. Also hope to gain a little range with the smaller set-up, especially for colder months where range will decrease even more.
-Car is an absolute blast to drive, and I find any reason to hop in and take it for a ride.
-I wave at other Tesla owners, but get no wave back. If you see somebody from Indiana throw you a peace sign, it's me.

The wait is worth it, try to stay patient!

Pssshh those poor sports. Probably the same people that all pulled up to the gas station the first time they got the low battery warning. :p

Looking forward to seeing the pics of the wheels that you go with! Congrats.
I applied for financing on 6/9 when the DD was showing 6/18-6/23-6/30 (something like that). Financing was approved on 6/13 and good for 60 days. On 6/14 SA reached out to let me know I've been assigned a Vin and pick up was for 6/17-6/19 my choice. We pick up on 6/19.

Hope that helps.

Wow that's awesome! That feeling of finally knowing your DD ....
Fed meets on July 26-27. They are expecting a .75% increase to the fed funds rate. That doesn't directly effect car loans, but it drives the 10 year up, which does.

Yea I've been keeping an eye on this as well... Auto stuff aside if they show another loss back to back that would technically mean that we're in a recession, which will cause a ripple effect down the chain... ugghhh
Yeah its not like mortgages where 1% is 50k.

True lol.
I would give up my EDD of 8/8 - 9-12 for a Nov/Dec delivery if it meant a 2023 model with cooled seats and heads up display. But I don't see those upgrades are coming any time soon.

Man when I read that I had thought it was an actual change coming haha. I would love to have cooled / heated seats in the front with a HUD. That's all I want in the Y and 3.
Woke up to a fresh VIN this morning- its really happening!

For reference - 53 days total from order to VIN (Virginia).

Congrats!
Congrats Man!!!!! I have hope as i complete day 97 today

lol. I’m gonna wait until Monday and lock in with my credit union for 2.8 as its only good for 30 days. If it takes longer then that we most likely won’t be Tesla owners. I probably out to call USAA to see what their rate is too

I've been following your journey and wow... speechless. - Wouldn't blame you one bit for jumping ship. Hope it all works out for you buddy...
Can everyone please put their order date, configuration, and EDD history in their signatures?
This would be very helpful. (It doesn't take many posts and activity to be able to make edits to the sig, for all the new people.) 👍

Ordered 7/13 and have a 10/23-12/4 delivery date estimate as of now. Does anyone know if that’s likely to be accurate? Seems to be a long time for the performance model.

I have an order history of a midrange model 3 and long range model s if that matters at all.

My understanding is Tesla still uses other lenders for their auto loans. A few come to mind that Tesla uses are Wells Fargo, Chase, US Bank. Their best rate right now is 4.24% with stellar credit. As far as paying down the principal early, that is likely dependent on each lender. I know credit unions usually are fine with you paying more principal or paying it off early. I've paid 4 cars off early with NFCU without issues, but those big banks tend to be a bit greedier.
Thanks for this! I’m thinking of maybe applying outside of Tesla financing for a better rate.

Ordered 7/13 and have a 10/23-12/4 delivery date estimate as of now. Does anyone know if that’s likely to be accurate? Seems to be a long time for the performance model.

I have an order history of a midrange model 3 and long range model s if that matters at all.
They are pushing them out faster than the LR and order history doesn’t seem to have an effect at all. When you order you are just dropped in line to start the build and delivery process just like a new customer.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't end up taking delivery in September. I'd imagine your next update will see your EDD brought forward quite a bit, unless they've changed something considerably with production of the Performance model.

Reactions: MrBubbles