Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No movement on mine.

Also on the Tesla doomsaying, I think people are seriously underestimating the technological and production lead they have on everyone else. I've been comparing cars and honestly the tech alone is so many lightyears ahead that I would say it's safe to assume Tesla will be the "Apple" (in terms of market adoption, we're already seeing this) for quite a while. I wouldn't be surprised if we see massive updates to the cars (quality, QoL, materials) in the next 3-5 years once their production is fully ramped and steady.

t. tesla fanboy and i dont even have it yet

No movement on mine.

Also on the Tesla doomsaying, I think people are seriously underestimating the technological and production lead they have on everyone else. I've been comparing cars and honestly the tech alone is so many lightyears ahead that I would say it's safe to assume Tesla will be the "Apple" (in terms of market adoption, we're already seeing this) for quite a while. I wouldn't be surprised if we see massive updates to the cars (quality, QoL, materials) in the next 3-5 years once their production is fully ramped and steady.

t. tesla fanboy and i dont even have it yet

Something can have both good and poor tech.

Poor tech: while driving yesterday the car randomly dropped my phone's BT connection. I couldn't reconnect it through the BT screen because it said it was already connected. I had to restart my phone to get the car to reconnect.

Good tech: when I reached for the phone to restart it (it was on the charger) I looked down for a second and then heard some beeps and felt the steering wheel veer hard to the left as the car steered itself through a curve. I hadn't even realized a curve had come up.

The good tech unfvcked my inattentiveness, which was caused by the poor tech.

I'm a self-professed Audi fanboy, but I've never let that get in the way of me being critical of things they need to improve. I wish Tesla owners were more tolerant to criticisms* - it's more beneficial to point out faults with the car in hopes that they will be addressed than to ignore them and just deal with it.

*I'm not referring to anyone in this particular thread. Most here are open to sharing the good and bad. But I've seen posters in other parts of this forum and other places online (YouTube for example) that go absolutely rabid if anyone posts anything critical of Tesla or even Elon Musk. That's not the way to help a company improve.

Something can have both good and poor tech.

Poor tech: while driving yesterday the car randomly dropped my phone's BT connection. I couldn't reconnect it through the BT screen because it said it was already connected. I had to restart my phone to get the car to reconnect.

Good tech: when I reached for the phone to restart it (it was on the charger) I looked down for a second and then heard some beeps and felt the steering wheel veer hard to the left as the car steered itself through a curve. I hadn't even realized a curve had come up.

The good tech unfvcked my inattentiveness, which was caused by the poor tech.

I'm a self-professed Audi fanboy, but I've never let that get in the way of me being critical of things they need to improve. I wish Tesla owners were more tolerant to criticisms* - it's more beneficial to point out faults with the car in hopes that they will be addressed than to ignore them and just deal with it.

*I'm not referring to anyone in this particular thread. Most here are open to sharing the good and bad. But I've seen posters in other parts of this forum and other places online (YouTube for example) that go absolutely rabid if anyone posts anything critical of Tesla or even Elon Musk. That's not the way to help a company improve.
I agree, too many fanboys and great teach. I understand that at the current valuation, any miss for $TSLA would have a huge impact. But does Tesla really need a huge slowdown to spend the time to fix these issues. I remember in 2018 when they were building M3's in a tent (I had a day 1 reservation). It was something they had to do. But since then it seems like Tesla is still in that "Get it out no matter what" mentality.

I'm all for pointing out things that need improvement, but are you sure it was the car that dropped the connection and not your phone? Especially considering that you had to restart your phone...

I'm all for pointing out things that need improvement, but are you sure it was the car that dropped the connection and not your phone? Especially considering that you had to restart your phone...
Yep, it was the car. The BT screen was glitched out, showing the phone still connected but I had an error message at the bottom left of the screen that said the phone key was disconnected and I would need the key card to restart the car if I stopped it. BT was still active on the phone - the phones BT icon said "Bluetooth" instead of "Tesla Model 3" like it normally does.

For the record, restarting the phone didn't work. That error message remained on the screen and I drove in silence because I've never set up the radio. Came at a horrible time too, since I was out running errands and I didn't have my key card so I had to go back home to grab a card so I wouldn't get stranded somewhere. When I got back in the car everything was working fine. Living up to it's reputation as a computer with wheels, the car just needed a restart, I think.

In Tesla's defense, I've never had a car with 100% reliable infotainment. All cars have had some little stupid issue that has made me have to restart things. The difference is those cars can be restarted without risk of being stranded.

Possibly relevant: I upgraded to SW version 2022.20.6 a few days ago. Yesterday I realized that Tesla had just released SW version 2022.20.7. They both have the exact same release notes. 2022.20.7 was released about a week after 2022.20.6 so folks believe it was released to fix bugs - no info from Tesla regarding that. My car hasn't received 2022.20.7 yet.

Last edited:
To balance out my negativity with something awesome, I was down to about 46% SOC yesterday so I filled-er-up (to 90%). My half-tank of fuel cost me $4! 😁

Screenshot_20220730-150139.png