Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an update on my page for delivery estimate after previous estimate (12/22-12/31) disappearing for a week.

Current estimate: 12/28-12/31
Ordered: 12/14 (Red/Black)
VIN: Nope

Delivery date for us should be on the 30th! Friend of mine said the factory pushed out more cars to the East Coast so our factory dates were pushed out a couple of days.

Being that I have no vin, I’m not sure if the 12/24 part of my estimate is realistic.
No VIN here either. Just assuming nothing real happening until after Christmas when they have the locals delivery blast. I could easily do it same day I live so close to the factory. In fact, they should just invite me over to help assemble it. I modded the hell out of my Focus RS myself. I can do this Elon!!!

No VIN here either. Just assuming nothing real happening until after Christmas when they have the locals delivery blast. I could easily do it same day I live so close to the factory. In fact, they should just invite me over to help assemble it. I modded the hell out of my Focus RS myself. I can do this Elon!!!

Imagine being able to help assemble some part of your car. I think it would be a fun and memorable experience and am sure people would pay a little extra to do it. It would have to be something in the factory, though - not like screwing on a license plate holder at the delivery center, ha ha.

Elon! Jmbloom_m3p just came up with another revenue stream for you, deliver that car early! :D

I seem to have a letter (envelope) on its way from Tesla according to USPS informed delivery service. Usually that means it'll come today, but with the USPS delays due to the traffic at this time of year, could be an additional business day. Anyone know what it is?

I'm doing a lease, but no delivery appointment scheduled or vin yet. Delivery window currently holding at 12/24-31.

Almost looks like I can see the faint outline of the word 'insurance, LLC'? Wonder if they're trying to sell me insurance? ha ha

- Edit -

Thanks to the powers of Photoshop and CSI ("enhance!"), but mostly Photoshop, it doesn't say 'insurance', but "Tesla Finance, LLC". Curious that they'd mail anything before delivery.

Attachments

• ipic.jpg
    ipic.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Ordered 10/19, red black FSD. No vin but estimate is back 12/29-12/31. It’s been a rough 9/10 weeks since I sold my car and finished delivery steps since Tesla kept nagging me to do so.

the funniest thing for me personally is that during this time I interviewed at Tesla for a software engineer job, got the offer, and declined it lol. I didn’t understand the horror stories from past (and current) employees at first, but now I get it. If this is how they treat their customers, I can’t imagine what they treat their engineers like.

I do what to give a shout out to the Orlando DC. On Yelp they get some s h i t reviews, but man did they hook me up! I got there an hour earlier than my appt, because we drove 7 hours down and decided to just go check in early in case they could do it sooner, and man they knocked my car out so quick and had me on my way within an hour. They QC’d prepped and delivered my car in that time frame! They were nothing short of professionals and one of the best “car buying” experiences at a dealership I have had, and I have bought a ton of cars lol. It seemed like they worked well as a team to make sure everyone show as there was getting the attention and help they needed to make sure they were delivering cars in a smooth and efficient manner. Trade in process was crash simple! Signed a few docs and gave them the card keys. That was it.

Anyway, I hope everyone else’s delivery experience was as good as mine was on delivery day. Sort of helps make up for the exorbitant amount of time we wait for these cars.

Haha! Complete opposite to mine. But the lady on deliveries Lace was helpful. My car was 45 minutes delayed even getting out, then it was filthy and had the tape goo all over the trim still, rockers and fenders were dirty, scratch on front left bumper, scuffs on trim etc. it was not a good pick up. But it’s so hit and miss. She told me they were trying to churn out 70 cars a day so i see why their delivery QC slips. Not acceptable but understandable.

Glad you had a good experience though.

For anyone who has had their car transported from the Tesla center to their house (I'm outside of New Orleans, car has been sitting in Birmingham since the 19th), can you share the timeframe/experience you've had in the past?

My SA has gone MIA since this past Sunday/Monday, and I legit have no idea when I'll hear from him again. Super frustrated with this whole experience.

Reactions: dalton108
Just received an update on my page for delivery estimate after previous estimate (12/22-12/31) disappearing for a week.

Current estimate: 12/28-12/31
Ordered: 12/14 (Red/Black)
VIN: Nope
Delivery date for us should be on the 30th! Friend of mine said the factory pushed out more cars to the East Coast so our factory dates were pushed out a couple of days.

How exciting! Thanks for the update!

Ordered 10/19, red black FSD. No vin but estimate is back 12/29-12/31. It’s been a rough 9/10 weeks since I sold my car and finished delivery steps since Tesla kept nagging me to do so.

the funniest thing for me personally is that during this time I interviewed at Tesla for a software engineer job, got the offer, and declined it lol. I didn’t understand the horror stories from past (and current) employees at first, but now I get it. If this is how they treat their customers, I can’t imagine what they treat their engineers like.
Tesla had a few mechanical engineering positions available that I thought would be interesting to apply for, however, Elon's mission to accelerate the advent of sustainable cars could do even better if they can improve their car buying process, it is so frustrating. Would seem that they could help their mission with better customer service and not deliver cars in the logistical order that they follow. It makes their customers and employees more frustrated. Certainly they do better!

On the bright side I got new dates today 12/24-31. Still no vin.

My wife had scheduled deliver for this Saturday for her MY and disappointingly they reached out today to reschedule for Monday. *Sigh* Eventually we'll get our cars, probably on 12/31 at 10pm. Lol