Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
930F3746-35DC-4C7F-9A1A-E9BC7266ADE1.jpeg

Attachments

• 4F79771A-D07C-43A1-BE67-ED3704F751D5.jpeg
    4F79771A-D07C-43A1-BE67-ED3704F751D5.jpeg
    937.2 KB · Views: 71
Thanks for the update. I ordered a White/Black M3P on 1/19 in NJ. This makes me nervous. I'm still on the 2/10 - 3/10 delivery estimate. I may end up with a delivery date in March. Hopefully the IRS doesn't screw me. If I don't get the $7500 credit, I'm going to cancel and wait for the Cybertruck.
I doubt the government is efficient enough to have this sorted out in the month of March
Do you get notified when your EDD updates or do you just continuously check the app?
I check the app a few times/day

Reactions: hintoml and hobertg
Still 2/16-3/16 for mine coming to NJ (blue/black 1/20 order date). I'm planning on PPF and ceramic (Track package), but also thinking about having them do the b-pillar if they can cut out a hole for the camera. Just not sure if that would peal. Not that I'd have much occasion to use the key card, but on a Hertz rental I drove, it left a lot of surface scratches on the b-pillar.

I live in Colorado Springs, CO and thinking about ordering. Do you know where the pickup location would be, would I have to find a way up to Denver or something or do they bring the car to a local area? Sounds like since I haven't placed an order yet, that I will not make the March timeline. Its pretty vague about whether the cutoff is End of February or end of March.
One thing I would say, order now, the rebates only apply to cars accepted by 3/31. Even if you don’t go through with it you’re only out a few hundred bucks. To me it’s the future. They’ve also worked out 90% of the bugs etc… with the 3. Great car, go for it.

Where does it state “cars accepted by 3/31?” Thanks
It doesn't. This is what the Tesla website says, "On January 1, 2023, the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 qualified certain electric vehicles (EVs) for a tax credit of up to $7,500.

Note: This credit amount applies to deliveries now and may change during March 2023, at which point credit amounts may be reduced."

This statement is correct. To be short and blunt, nobody knows the date this will take effect. As of today, it says nothing about when delivery has to be completed by.

Let's remember that this "new" $7500 tax credit applies to all the other manufacturers as well, not just Tesla. Considering the IRS is still tweaking this law, it's not likely no expire anytime in the near future IMO.
I agree. I’d be surprised if they didn’t have a carve out for all the orders in process. They will probably extend it for everyone. Other EVs are having waits as well. Our government moves at glacial pace, especially when one party doesn’t have control.

Reactions: hintoml
My edd was feb 5th-Feb 19th, still no vin assigned. I’m in so cal about 90 mins from Fremont. This morning it just updated to feb 15- march 15…. I wonder if this delay has anything to do with the model 3 manufacturing equipment that was just removed from the Fremont factory? Hopefully 🤞🏼