Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When was equipment removed from Freemont?
It looks like just over a week ago. Can’t find the source they just say “according to public filings”.

It doesn't. This is what the Tesla website says, "On January 1, 2023, the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 qualified certain electric vehicles (EVs) for a tax credit of up to $7,500.

Note: This credit amount applies to deliveries now and may change during March 2023, at which point credit amounts may be reduced."

This statement is correct. To be short and blunt, nobody knows the date this will take effect. As of today, it says nothing about when delivery has to be completed by.
Nice article from NPR on this as well https://www.npr.org/2023/01/07/1147209505/electric-car-tax-credit-climate-bill-tesla-volkswagen-ev

Where they are saying if you want one it’s probably best to get done now, as there is a lot of uncertainty what’s going to happen, you have congress wanting to roll back much of the recent climate stuff in order to extend the debt limit and pay for stuff we’ve already done, you have Manchin messing in it. It’s as likely to end as it is to remain in place in my opinion.

I agree. I’d be surprised if they didn’t have a carve out for all the orders in process. They will probably extend it for everyone. Other EVs are having waits as well. Our government moves at glacial pace, especially when one party doesn’t have control.
I wouldn’t wait and hope it’s all sorted by end of March. You have Congress wanting to roll back all the climate stuff to cut costs or they won’t sign the budget extension. You have Manchin wanting to suspend it for now and figure out new battery rules etc… I think it’s as likely to end March 31st as it is that things are resolved.

It doesn't. This is what the Tesla website says, "On January 1, 2023, the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 qualified certain electric vehicles (EVs) for a tax credit of up to $7,500.

Note: This credit amount applies to deliveries now and may change during March 2023, at which point credit amounts may be reduced."

This statement is correct. To be short and blunt, nobody knows the date this will take effect. As of today, it says nothing about when delivery has to be completed by.
When I go to their website it says “New Model 3 and Model Y vehicles qualify for a federal tax credit for eligible buyers. This credit amount is in effect for deliveries until March 2023.”

has anyone gotten a VIN today or yesterday? Haven’t seen anyone post, and been waiting for mine. I ordered 1/16, MSM, Louisiana
I'm in NOLA and I think we ordered the same config a few days apart. No VIN yet for me either but I bet we'll be in the same batch if you're picking up in MS. There's a pretty helpful fb group if you search Tesla Louisiana. Let me know if you join

I'm in NOLA and I think we ordered the same config a few days apart. No VIN yet for me either but I bet we'll be in the same batch if you're picking up in MS. There's a pretty helpful fb group if you search Tesla Louisiana. Let me know if you join
I’m guessing it’s the one with the most members - just over 2k. I just requested to join!! I also am picking up from MS. Hoping our batch comes soon.

When I go to their website it says “New Model 3 and Model Y vehicles qualify for a federal tax credit for eligible buyers. This credit amount is in effect for deliveries until March 2023.”
I read somewhere a couple weeks ago they were expecting new guidance on March 3rd. Not sure where that actually came from and I don't think I have seen anything official. Still, it is not the end of March. It will be in March and people seem to think the beginning. Personally, I have no idea what they are going to do with it since no vehicles should technically qualify. Maybe they just put it off again as a way of getting around the restrictions. Also a real chance the hammer comes down and everything loses out on $3,750 until the supply chain is built up in North America.

Kind of frustrating seeing people get their VIN that ordered after me. I ordered 1/15 in Detroit, and have no VIN yet. I have been seeing people with order dates on 1/16, 1/17, and even 1/20, 1/24 get their VIN before me! Just hurry up already Tesla! I"M IMPATIENT!! Current EDD window shows 2/5-2/19.
Metro Detroit, MI
Ordered Jan 15th @7pm
M3P MSM w/Black Interior
Original Jan-Feb
EDD: Feb 1 - Mar 1
(1/25) EDD Update (1): 2/5-2/19
(2/6) EDD Update (2): 2/6-2/19