Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
guys, be patient with Elon...he is trying his best to get these cars out ...trust me he wants to hit that 500K number for 2020 badly...if not for this none of us would prob be getting our cars this year!...Elon just tweeted that anyone who takes delivery between today and until New years eve, will get 3 free months of FSD!!!...kinda surprised by this move but he is very motivated to love these cars...so you know he is trying his best...what more can the guy do?

Reactions: katbc
Spoke with my SA today and my car is in NJ waiting to get on a truck to come to Cleveland. My scheduled delivery is 12/31@1:30. The truck is scheduled to arrive in Cleveland around noon. The 31st is going to be a day of waiting I am sure.

I thought the cars got off rail in Chicago for this
area but he said it changed recently with them going to NJ presenting a bunch of problems

Ordered 10/12. VIN received 12/13. Delivery date 12/31.

Reactions: dalton108
Good news for some:

They must be *really* close to making the 500K goal!
MuskTweet01.jpg

Reactions: hightower82
guys, be patient with Elon...he is trying his best to get these cars out ...trust me he wants to hit that 500K number for 2020 badly...if not for this none of us would prob be getting our cars this year!...Elon just tweeted that anyone who takes delivery between today and until New years eve, will get 3 free months of FSD!!!...kinda surprised by this move but he is very motivated to love these cars...so you know he is trying his best...what more can the guy do?

IDK, the FSD seems like a kick in the nutz to those who desperately want to take delivery but can’t to no fault of their own. I already paid for FSD so wouldn’t motivate me one way or another. But, I’m just barely gonna make it under the wire so I know I’d be EXTRA pissed seeing folks who ordered after me getting yet ANOTHER perk on top of getting what should have been my car!!!

Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
IDK, the FSD seems like a kick in the nutz to those who desperately want to take delivery but can’t to no fault of their own.
The promotions are not for you, they're for Tesla. Some people don't want to rush out there on New Year's Eve and would prefer to just wait for the weekend. Other's don't want to take the car with QC issues and would prefer to come back next week when it's perfect.

Way back in 2014 when the company was barely getting started Musk (quite prophetically) set a goal of 500K by 2020. It's pretty important for them to meet that goal.
Elon Musk on Twitter: "@flcnhvy Liz has always done great interviews" / Twitter

RC10M3P:10/31 - No VIN or estimate. Orange county, CA.
jmbloom_m3P: 11/4 - NO Delivery Date but VINned
Jeffffffffff: 11/11 - VINned
c4Lvin: 12/09 - NO Delivery Date No VIN
avn1284: 12/14 - No VIN/delivery estimate (Central Valley, CA)
Antweezey: 11/22 - No delivery date/No Vin (Bay Area)
BB987777: 10/24 - Got VIN an hour ago (Bay Area)
westernvine: 10/23 - No VIN or estimate. Seattle, WA

• Informative
Reactions: Avn1284 and c4Lvin
FYI to all of you that just got your 879xxx VIN, some or all of our cars are still in the factory and are expected to gate late today/tomorrow.

My friend said I could drive up to Fremont to pick it up as soon as it gates, or I could just take the risk on them finding a transport to my delivery center and taking delivery on the 31st. He said it’s possible but doesn’t know for sure.

• Love
Reactions: c4Lvin and Avn1284
RC10M3P:10/31 - No VIN or estimate. Orange county, CA.
jmbloom_m3P: 11/4 - NO Delivery Date but VINned
Jeffffffffff: 11/11 - VINned
c4Lvin: 12/09 - NO Delivery Date No VIN
avn1284: 12/14 - No VIN/delivery estimate (Central Valley, CA)
Antweezey: 11/22 - No delivery date/No Vin (Bay Area)
BB987777: 10/24 - Got VIN an hour ago (Bay Area)
westernvine: 10/23 - No VIN or estimate. Seattle, WA
royinla: 11/19 - No VIN, No ETA. SoCal

Reactions: c4Lvin
FYI to all of you that just got your 879xxx VIN, some or all of our cars are still in the factory and are expected to gate late today/tomorrow.

My friend said I could drive up to Fremont to pick it up as soon as it gates, or I could just take the risk on them finding a transport to my delivery center and taking delivery on the 31st. He said it’s possible but doesn’t know for sure.

Pick it up from Fremont tomorrow or tonight?

Pick it up from Fremont tomorrow or tonight?

After the car exits the factory, you can call and try to schedule delivery. Not exactly sure when that is, but you can call you SA and try to see what the estimated gate date is. I’m assuming it’ll be about the same time for all of us. Tomorrow?

I didn’t get an exact location of where in the factory it is other than “it’s still in the factory.”

Reactions: hopedope
PSA: I had to use clay to take out some recent pollen splotches and residual manufacturing goo. Recommend you immediate wash and wax after taking delivery to get an extra protective layer on there (or maybe I'm just anal...)

They delivered my car in the rain and covered in dirt so I'm recalling my 'pics or it didn't happen' delivery pic in favor of this new one! :D

Had to finish my new car ritual - wash, a coat of synthetic sealant, then a coat of carnauba wax.

View media item 122194

Long time lurker first time poster
order date 10/22 M3P Red/Black FSD
Northern California Sacramento area
finally finally VIN about 1pm today (68 days, 9.7 weeks on a 5-9 week estimate)
and just now delivery appointment at 5pm on the 31st.
(and yes I will send pictures... otherwise it was just a dream of mine)
Hopefully they did not hurry this car out the factory and comes perfect and with FSD for free

I mean, for those of us in this thread, that tweet from Elon is basically meaningless. We ordered our cars weeks and weeks ago. All of the M3P are spoken for and then some. If you get yours before 11:59 on 12/31 then consider yourself lucky.

We are at crunch time and if I’m a dealer delivering cars, the promise of my customers getting free FSD does nothing to incentivize me.