Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Venom make sure and check the insurance rates on the S vs. the 3. I had the opportunity to "steal" by Dad's 2017 Model S last year when he traded on a Y, but the insurance was RIDICULOUS and I had to pass. Might be a factor...

Tim
Honestly, I think I’ll just stick with the 3. It has everything I need and the Model S is too big for me. I’ll keep the order open for now in case I change my mind agai, but i think I’ll enjoy the 3 a lot more.

Reactions: TBrownTX and Mr X
Lol! Which model S are you going with?

I’m VERY tempted to join you. I’ve never driven a Model S but I’ve heard it isn’t as fun as a Model 3. I mainly want to have fun in it! I LOVE the HUD behind the steering wheel though. Thoughts?

Im going to keep the car for at least 5 years

going with a basic white on black LR w/ fsd. I wasn’t expecting that big of a price jump lol otherwise I’d get red with arachnid wheels. Hoping the drive is a bit more fun than the older s. I have only driven a loaner s and could immediately tell the difference.

Well, I’m at least out of this waiting room. Cancelled my order from 10/19/20. Moving on to the refresh S room! I’ll take all the horror stories from my performance 3 order as a win!

i dont understand how you ordered in October and still didnt get the car? I am in the Bay area too and ordered like 20th December and got the car Jan 5th..

congrats on the S order! I would have seriously considered the S as well but I got the 3 in early :D not sure how I feel about the yoke though...and apparently its going to try and guess if you want to go Forward or Backwards?

i dont understand how you ordered in October and still didnt get the car? I am in the Bay area too and ordered like 20th December and got the car Jan 5th..

congrats on the S order! I would have seriously considered the S as well but I got the 3 in early :D not sure how I feel about the yoke though...and apparently its going to try and guess if you want to go Forward or Backwards?

me neither man. I even had a vin and delivery date. I went to pick it up and the car never showed up.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
I was just thinking, I wonder if our P3Ds are going to be delayed because of the Model S refresh?

Elon said they were producing Model S right now to be delivered in February/March. Does this mean Model 3 production has halted or is a lot slower? o_O

Possibly, but at a starting price of 80K a pop, I don’t imagine the volume/demand will be nearly as high as with the 3.

Tim

So I got an email to pick up where I left off on my order (insurance)

So l login, and discover that my order has disappeared from my account entirely.

I'm going to relax and assume it is a glitch...

M3P Blue on Black
Las Vegas Nevada
Ordered 11/7
Promised by 12/31
Most recently listed delivery window Feb 19-Mar 19
Now disappeared...

Brand new18x9 Enkei's & Michelin Sport Pilot AS4's waiting for a car...

Hi All! Looks like we are in for a long wait together :D. I'm hoping we will start seeing some VINs delivered soon!

Order placed: 1/12/2021
Estimated Delivery: March 9 - March 30
Model 3 Performance
Pearl White Multi-Coat/White Interior
With FSD

Welcome! I hope so too, but I'm guessing we'll be waiting until mid to late March for delivery since we're both in the Midwest!

Reactions: Avn1284
After lurking this place for a long time I can officially join a wait room!

ORDERED: 1-29-21
ESTIMATED : 3-13 - 3-31
M3P - WHITE / WHITE
DEVON, PA DELIVERY

Haha yes! Congratulations.

Anything you are particularly excited about, or would like to see change?

I’m holding out hope for those 2.0 door panels and a heated steering wheel.

We should know soon once the EU deliveries begin.

Tim

I'm a part of the party now too!

Ordered: 1/21/2021
Estimated: March 06 - March 31
Model 3 LR - White / Black
Buena Park, CA Delivery

I did get an email this morning that said to input my insurance information.. and within said email, it gave me a delivery date of March 06 - April 03.. contradicting what it shows on my Tesla account.

Reactions: Avn1284
I'm a part of the party now too!

Ordered: 1/21/2021
Estimated: March 06 - March 31
Model 3 LR - White / Black
Buena Park, CA Delivery

I did get an email this morning that said to input my insurance information.. and within said email, it gave me a delivery date of March 06 - April 03.. contradicting what it shows on my Tesla account.
I got that too, on my Tesla profile it says March 15th - 31st, but the email asking me to add my insurance details shows a delivery day of March 15th - April 5th :(

I got that too, on my Tesla profile it says March 15th - 31st, but the email asking me to add my insurance details shows a delivery day of March 15th - April 5th :(

I noticed the email lines up w/ full weeks, versus the site which lines up with end of quarter.

I also called my SA after getting the email, he said it would likely be late February or early March before getting a VIN (3 weeks out). He suggested adding the car to insurance right away, apparently some people try to "time it" thinking they don't want to pay insurance for a car they don't possess yet. That leads to a delay in issuing temp plates (at least here in Texas).

Once you accept delivery you can call your insurance company and they can adjust the start date.

Tim