Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The good news is that if you order today, your car will arrive in about a week or so. 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot 2021-03-17 111239.png

I have a VIN and did call my local SC where I'm supposed to pickup. The SA I talked to there (since mine refuses to answer msgs) said they were waiting on my car on a truck to reach Chicago before setting up delivery. I'm in Indianapolis area so that seemed logical to me. I'm good with that answer. Waiting impatiently still.

Reactions: Ralbright
I have a VIN and did call my local SC where I'm supposed to pickup. The SA I talked to there (since mine refuses to answer msgs) said they were waiting on my car on a truck to reach Chicago before setting up delivery. I'm in Indianapolis area so that seemed logical to me. I'm good with that answer. Waiting impatiently still.
I'm coming from Madison to Schaumburg SC and want to schedule mine.... no contact with SA since I got my VIN. Not worried quite yet, sure they're busy but I'm gonna need more than 1 day heads up to schedule the 2 hour drive and get off work.

Reactions: Hilbe
I received a VIN on Sunday as well. Still no schedule for pickup either. I did receive a text from my showroom telling me my vin and to expect another message to schedule my appointment as well, but nothing yet.
This M3P VIN process is completely different than when I bought the Y last year.
With the Y, I found my VIN through the source code, then the VIN showed up on the account about 3 days later. I received a text, which provided a link to a Tesla webpage to choose a delivery date, and then the date/time was listed on the account for pickup.

With the 3, nothing in the source code, received an email telling me to finalize the payment. No text to schedule delivery but a call from a delivery advisor in Cherry Hill, NJ telling me my appointment is scheduled for March 27. Webpage doesn't reflect and doesn't list a date and time for pickup. There isn't even an option to choose a pickup like last time (Devon, PA or Cherry Hill, NJ).

Ordered 11/7, she arrived today

The paint looks really really good, zero flaws noted with quick inspection

The hatch is a little crooked (left side more forward than the right) the drivers door is sunk in a little, and the passenger door is a little out. All pretty subtle.
The door/fender and frunk hatch lines are all perfectly straight and even.

The drivers door is a little hard to close, this is the most noticeable flaw overall.

I am very happy about the paint, it looks like BMW paint.

The screen got hung up in the radio controls, had to do a reboot.

The car is a hoot to drive, but is far from balanced. There is way more power than handling or braking!

Attachments

• B3C8507D-6EB8-4668-94D5-3BE8EA755A78.jpeg
    B3C8507D-6EB8-4668-94D5-3BE8EA755A78.jpeg
    637.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 160A7EA8-9376-48C0-92EC-4C856EB82616.jpeg
    160A7EA8-9376-48C0-92EC-4C856EB82616.jpeg
    737.9 KB · Views: 64
  • C13EEF2B-3BCC-41D4-96A3-D24035AEE2C5.jpeg
    C13EEF2B-3BCC-41D4-96A3-D24035AEE2C5.jpeg
    843.2 KB · Views: 62
Ordered 11/7, she arrived today

The paint looks really really good, zero flaws noted with quick inspection

The hatch is a little crooked (left side more forward than the right) the drivers door is sunk in a little, and the passenger door is a little out. All pretty subtle.
The door/fender and frunk hatch lines are all perfectly straight and even.

The drivers door is a little hard to close, this is the most noticeable flaw overall.

I am very happy about the paint, it looks like BMW paint.

The screen got hung up in the radio controls, had to do a reboot.

The car is a hoot to drive, but is far from balanced. There is way more power than handling or braking!
very nice. thanks for sharing!

Reactions: TBrownTX
I have a 925XXX in Red/White. I received an automated text message to confirm the delivery (not even a call). Seems like they are just driving it up to my driveway and walking away, even though I live one exit from the factory and wouldn't mind picking up in person. Very fitting to get such an impersonal finale to this whole low-touch purchasing experience.

Reactions: HappyDude
Raleigh reached out to me and said to expect delivery on the 30th. Asssume ours will be on the same truck.
Same here, mine will be on the same truck. SA said it was arriving on the 29th and pickup is scheduled for the morning of the 30th. Everything was stuck in my account until I called in today. I got the VIN on Sunday but never saw an email from Tesla and no one ever called me. I tried to reach out to my 2nd SA and he said he would get back to me and never did (insert surprised pikachu). I guess I am now on my 3rd SA (or 4th technically if you count initial SA from test drive that disappeared) but she was pretty cool and said to contact her going forward. I am finally starting to feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel that isn't a train. 🤞

• Love
Reactions: Joe213 and tns.ceo
Same here, mine will be on the same truck. SA said it was arriving on the 29th and pickup is scheduled for the morning of the 30th. Everything was stuck in my account until I called in today. I got the VIN on Sunday but never saw an email from Tesla and no one ever called me. I tried to reach out to my 2nd SA and he said he would get back to me and never did (insert surprised pikachu). I guess I am now on my 3rd SA (or 4th technically if you count initial SA from test drive that disappeared) but she was pretty cool and said to contact her going forward. I am finally starting to feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel that isn't a train. 🤞
@Joe213 & @ziiiiiiip y'all trying to meet up in Greensboro for a photoshoot at this mural?
IMG_2288.JPG

Reactions: Socalcommuter
So my car was delivered today as expected. Did the hand off pretty quick, as they told me I had 3 days and 100 miles to report any issues.

Spent about an hour going over it with a fine tooth comb. It’s nearly a flawless car, paint is perfect, interior perfect, excellent panel gaps all the way around.

Only one small issue where the passenger front fender meets the door and side mirror. It sticks out a bit like I have seen on some early 2021 deliveries from December.

I’m going to report it, just to log the issue, but probably won’t mess with it at least not for a while. Going to call it “character” for the time being and enjoy the car.

Overall it’s gorgeous and I am super happy with the way it turned out. Also can confirm my 914 VIN has a heated steering wheel. Pics as promised.

Tim

View attachment 645144View attachment 645145View attachment 645146
View attachment 645147
Congratulations, so beautiful! Name? Happy for you!!!

Reactions: TBrownTX