Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe when your loan officially starts on when final payment is made and the paperwork is signed to take ownership of the car (or the lien holder does). I’m assuming u mean the state based rebates?

What is locked in is your payment price. As in if the sticker keeps rising, your order price doesn’t change (that’s my understanding at least)

Nope. You see the price. You pay the price. If you don’t like it, the next person will. That’s the Tesla business model. Kinda like going to an Apple store except the employees could care less if they sell you something. If you’re lucky you may get a license plate frame.

Lol what I meant was if there's an incentive at the end of the quarter like free supercharging for a year. Do you qualify when you place an order/VIN is assigned/delivery is scheduled?

Lol what I meant was if there's an incentive at the end of the quarter like free supercharging for a year. Do you qualify when you place an order/VIN is assigned/delivery is scheduled?
That only happens if they are trying to get more cars out the door by end end of they quarter, usually the December one. I doubt we'll see that soon, since apparently all cars for Q2 are spoken for already, which would be consistent with the estimates on the order page going to 5-12 weeks for the SR+ and LR.

Well at least you now know how I feel about the buying process... so impersonal. I feel like for 50k they could at least pretend they care.

Just wait til pickup day. Walk in to the Tesla store, here's how you add the key to your phone, here's how you flash the headlights, go find your car in the lot and cya. 😂

The excitement and performance overshadow everything else though.

Lol. You guys wanna deal with a salesperson? Are u nuts? If they could have air dropped me the car without me having to see or talk to anyone I’d have done that. And I’m very extroverted; I just don’t wanna waste my free time when I have way better things to do. Also preferred no discussion on price, financing, trade in.

Want this, paying cash, here’s my old car, bye. It haa a minor alignment issue; turned around and said fix this. They did. I left and have loved every minute since.

And this coming from someone who actually had great sales and delivery people; very nice and helpful, but I still wanted to deal with them as little as possible.

Lol. You guys wanna deal with a salesperson? Are u nuts? If they could have air dropped me the car without me having to see or talk to anyone I’d have done that. And I’m very extroverted; I just don’t wanna waste my free time when I have way better things to do. Also preferred no discussion on price, financing, trade in.

Want this, paying cash, here’s my old car, bye. It haa a minor alignment issue; turned around and said fix this. They did. I left and have loved every minute since.

And this coming from someone who actually had great sales and delivery people; very nice and helpful, but I still wanted to deal with them as little as possible.

Exactly this. Heck not having to deal with a stealership sales and finance team was worth the price of admission on its own. When Obi Wan said "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" when entering Mos Eisley spaceport, it's only because he had never been to a car dealership.

Tim

Hey Guys! Back in the waiting room again. My girl Mystique was totaled in an accident. She was a mere 28 days on the road, but beyond blessed and so grateful that my son and I are alive and well! That’s what matters most. Ordered a new Model 3P and estimated delivery at May 30-June 19. DMB, white/black interior, east coast.

Attachments

• D11943B5-9701-4CA8-A043-AEE8477A494C.jpeg
    D11943B5-9701-4CA8-A043-AEE8477A494C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
@Sandee3 I'm glad you're alive and well but I'm sorry that you've gotta go though the process all over again!
@Lashlee I greatly appreciate your kind words! Yes, the wait is a bit excruciating...like a kid waiting for Christmas, but not sure when December 25th will arrive! I’m excited nonetheless...glad to have awesome people like you to hang out with here until then! Here’s to waiting...🥂

They make most of the perfomance models end of quarter and want that paperwork signed before then for their numbers. Everyone, regardless of you delivery date on your app, just expect the car after June 15th and before June 30. Set that as your expectation and things will be smoother. June 23-30 being biggest volume of deliveries.

Having watched the group before me get theirs and going thru this same agony I learned how it goes the vast majority of the time. As long as your delivery date says before July, expect to be seeing your car the last week in June.

Good thing is that it’s worth the wait.

Reactions: TBrownTX
They make most of the perfomance models end of quarter and want that paperwork signed before then for their numbers. Everyone, regardless of you delivery date on your app, just expect the car after June 15th and before June 30. Set that as your expectation and things will be smoother. June 23-30 being biggest volume of deliveries.

Having watched the group before me get theirs and going thru this same agony I learned how it goes the vast majority of the time. As long as your delivery date says before July, expect to be seeing your car the last week in June.

Good thing is that it’s worth the wait.
As long as I get it before the 30th, I will be fine. Apparently after 6/30 the NY rebate drops from $2000 to $500 and I would really like the former of the two applied to my purchase.

Other than that, I am just impatient. I blame it on Amazon Prime's ability to provide near instant gratification.