Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 Tesla Model 3 LR w/AB sold to BIDLANE for $51,000. Car is in great condition, 14.4k miles. Carmax offered a flat $50k for the car so went straight to BIDLANE and they beat it by $1k. I told them the vehicle would have the boost upgrade but since it’s “aftermarket” they don’t value it in at Carmax. VROOM offered 51.6k but I don’t trust them, Carvana was a bit lower at $49.4k and SHIFT never got back to me. All in all happy with this sale price got a check on hand and loan will be paid off in 10 days. Now the wait is going to be truly painful 😭 1+ month out with no car, tragic but at least everything is good to go!

Reactions: xPETEx and KGinCO
2020 Tesla Model 3 LR w/AB sold to BIDLANE for $51,000. Car is in great condition, 14.4k miles. Carmax offered a flat $50k for the car so went straight to BIDLANE and they beat it by $1k. I told them the vehicle would have the boost upgrade but since it’s “aftermarket” they don’t value it in at Carmax. VROOM offered 51.6k but I don’t trust them, Carvana was a bit lower at $49.4k and SHIFT never got back to me. All in all happy with this sale price got a check on hand and loan will be paid off in 10 days. Now the wait is going to be truly painful 😭 1+ month out with no car, tragic but at least everything is good to go!
I'm in same boat. Sold my M3P to Current Automotive - they were offering $2k more than Carvana and about $800 more than Carbuyer. Haven't driven it since Oct 27th, they paid off the loan on Nov 2nd, wired me the balance on the 5th and came and picked up the car on the 10th. Fortunately, I take delivery this Thursday, barring any issues on Tesla's side. 🤞

Reactions: HarpoonS
Awesome, good to hear you got one less headache to worry about.
What was the quality of the car overall?
Good overall, there are a few of the typical fit/finish issues. Spoiler isn’t stuck on all the way on one end (gap between spoiler and trunk lid), one side of rear bumper has a noticeable gap where it meets the quarter panel right by the wheel, side reflector thing on the taillight doesn’t look like it’s stuck down as much as it should be (the pointed tip is protruding out/isn’t flush), slightly uneven gap on one side of the edge of the trunk along the rear window. They told me to take pictures and put in a service request for anything I found during the first 24 hours and they’ll take care of it so we’ll see. The next appointment at the actual SC is a month out but I’m hoping after they look at the pictures they can fix it via mobile service.

Reactions: jose3030
7ED047B0-DCBD-4182-8AF8-63B552FDE4B2.jpeg

Attachments

• A881C876-99EA-4F57-8832-A5BD2A344107.jpeg
    A881C876-99EA-4F57-8832-A5BD2A344107.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 2C128EB4-B287-44FF-99D0-50014D829346.jpeg
    2C128EB4-B287-44FF-99D0-50014D829346.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 72
  • C5E0EF55-25A9-4B2B-A2B8-003644E950F3.jpeg
    C5E0EF55-25A9-4B2B-A2B8-003644E950F3.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 4B423C73-CF5B-4E9A-BA89-594062817D87.jpeg
    4B423C73-CF5B-4E9A-BA89-594062817D87.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 66
Good overall, there are a few of the typical fit/finish issues. Spoiler isn’t stuck on all the way on one end (gap between spoiler and trunk lid), one side of rear bumper has a noticeable gap where it meets the quarter panel right by the wheel, side reflector thing on the taillight doesn’t look like it’s stuck down as much as it should be (the pointed tip is protruding out/isn’t flush), slightly uneven gap on one side of the edge of the trunk along the rear window. They told me to take pictures and put in a service request for anything I found during the first 24 hours and they’ll take care of it so we’ll see. The next appointment at the actual SC is a month out but I’m hoping after they look at the pictures they can fix it via mobile service.

Damn, that's quite a few issues.
Hopefully they resolve to your liking.

Damn, that's quite a few issues.
Hopefully they resolve to your liking.
Yeah. It’s actually less than my 2019 LR had so I feel like I’m used to the Tesla low initial quality now. Thought maybe 2 years later they would have improved some but looks like they still have fit and finish issues even though it’s basically the same car for several years now. The spoiler just sticks on so I have faith they can fix that by just sticking another one on if nothing else. Not sure how they fix the bumper gap but hopefully that’s an easy fix too.

Reactions: jose3030
Tesla took my VIN away today. No EDD change, yet. I hit the “I’m ready” button within a few minutes of my VIN being stolen.
So Tesla's financing partner (US Bank) conditionally approved my loan last Wednesday 11/10 (I applied 11/10 also, which was also the day I got the VIN.) They wanted additional documentation that my previous loan was paid off, so I uploaded the sale document the same day. That must not have been sufficient, so I contacted my credit union for an official letter stating the loan was paid off and uploaded that on Friday (Thursday was a bank holiday due to 11/11.) I went to my own CU on Saturday 11/13 and applied for a loan, knowing it would be another hit to my credit score, but at 800+ I should still be qualified for the best rates even after the first pull from US Bank. That is also in a tentative approval as the loan underwriters weren't in and will have to give final approval Monday 11/15.

I didn't want to schedule delivery until I had a solid loan approval, and informed Tesla of this, but their scheduler-bot doesn't take any of this into consideration and Sunday 11/14 my VIN was given to someone else and they can't put it back on my account. Their message said to hit the "I'm ready" button when I'm ready to take delivery, so I hit the button after reading their text.

Today I got a new EDD, which is still earlier than the original EDD I received immediately after ordering. So back to waiting.

Received my VIN on 11/10, called Tesla and they said it would arrive at my Tesla location on 11/13, called them on 11/14 and got it scheduled for today delivery, even woke up to a text this morning of them offering to have it delivered to my home earlier than my appointment was. Biggest takeaway from the whole process would be to just keep in contact with Tesla, it seems like their customer support phone number is VERY helpful and gets things moving much faster than if you just wait around, especially after VIN is confirmed. I will upload photos here in a bit :)

• Informative
Reactions: BigNick and KGinCO
Yeah. It’s actually less than my 2019 LR had so I feel like I’m used to the Tesla low initial quality now. Thought maybe 2 years later they would have improved some but looks like they still have fit and finish issues even though it’s basically the same car for several years now. The spoiler just sticks on so I have faith they can fix that by just sticking another one on if nothing else. Not sure how they fix the bumper gap but hopefully that’s an easy fix too.

Definitely, best of luck.
I'll be watching mine like a hawk now.
It's not even remotely to end of QT4 so why they keep making these mistakes is beyond me...