Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No pics for now, but picked up my M3P earlier today. White/Black. Overall smooth experience. Build quality seems great, interior seems put together very well with no squeaks / rattles. There are no paint flaws that I can see. VIN is 167xxx, it does have the Ryzen as expected.

Initial impressions from behind the wheel:

1) The seats are very comfortable. Much moreso than my dad’s Model S (2016).
2) It’s going to take me a little getting used to having to look at the center screen for speed.
3) Steering wheel is surprisingly small diameter
4) Ride quality is much smoother than I expected - however prior to this I daily drive a fairly modded E46 M3, so my baseline for comparison is probably a bit different than most
5) The car is fast, but not mind boggling in terms of acceleration. Again, I did come from a fairly heavily modded e46 M3, so my basis for comparison is a little different than most. Definitely glad I switched my order to the performance in light of that though.

Overall definitely enjoying the car and pleased with the buying experience.

No pics for now, but picked up my M3P earlier today. White/Black. Overall smooth experience. Build quality seems great, interior seems put together very well with no squeaks / rattles. There are no paint flaws that I can see. VIN is 167xxx, it does have the Ryzen as expected.

Initial impressions from behind the wheel:

1) The seats are very comfortable. Much moreso than my dad’s Model S (2016).
2) It’s going to take me a little getting used to having to look at the center screen for speed.
3) Steering wheel is surprisingly small diameter
4) Ride quality is much smoother than I expected - however prior to this I daily drive a fairly modded E46 M3, so my baseline for comparison is probably a bit different than most
5) The car is fast, but not mind boggling in terms of acceleration. Again, I did come from a fairly heavily modded e46 M3, so my basis for comparison is a little different than most. Definitely glad I switched my order to the performance in light of that though.

Overall definitely enjoying the car and pleased with the buying experience.
nice looking forward to pictures :D

From what we can see - 16XXXX vins seem to be mostly all coming with ryzen and etc.

Also - look towards the bottom of this tracker:

According to that spreadsheet my VIN is there and I got one of the last Intel Atom processors lol. Mine rolled off the factory 1/6. I fully believe someone refused delivery on it. Man I lucked out.

Wanted to update on this. Despite my SA insisting that my car had lead-acid, it came with li-ion. In case it wasn't obvious from the slew of Ryzen deliveries, if you get Ryzen you get li-ion, even if your sub-par SA insists otherwise 😅

On that note, took delivery of my white/white yesterday and the car seems perfect! Truly an incredible machine, and absolutely gorgeous.
How do you know you have an li-ion?

I’m thinking of these for my winter tires , thoughts?

SA told me that since Q1 is wrapping up we might see our cars delivered mid Feb. Everyone in here who ordered in early Jan are starting to get their cars but I have no idea just trying to be hopeful

If that's true I should've received a VIN by now lol

Congrats! What was your order date? That's the same spec I'm waiting on.

How do you know you have an li-ion?

If you have Ryzen, you have li-ion. But if you want to be 100% sure, you can pull the plastic covers out of the frunk area and take a look.

I’m thinking of these for my winter tires , thoughts?

Those are sick!

If that's true I should've received a VIN by now lol

Congrats! What was your order date? That's the same spec I'm waiting on.

If you have Ryzen, you have li-ion. But if you want to be 100% sure, you can pull the plastic covers out of the frunk area and take a look.
I have no idea that’s just what my SA told me but they really don’t know *sugar*. The lack of transparency and information is mind blowing from a company with a trillion dollar valuation.

004026C2-1F70-4B1A-8260-747119FE54D3.jpeg

Picked up at 9am this morning (early!) everything was perfect , no issues.

- yes AMD , didn’t check on battery , and no rear glass double pane

Car is amazing best car ever by far.