Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aren’t inventory cars all definitely rejected deliveries? How else would they exist?

If somebody canceled an order or switched configuration before delivery, wouldn’t that car get reallocated for another customer straight away and not go to inventory?
no, inventory cars are not always rejects. they are many times and MOST of the time freshly input into the system. sometimes someone's loan may fall through or some other reason that causes this car to lose its original reservation and go to inventory.

we all have to remember this forum is an enthusiast forum and not everyone will reject a car for not having a ryzen or heated windscreen or battery. many just want their car.

What is your software version , for those who recently got car ? Mine seems really out of date : 2021.43.100…

yes very typical your software will be one or two revisions behind. this is absolutely to be expected. it may take you a week or two to get caught up. when i got my first tesla it was several firmware revisions behind. your wifi will need to be connected to the car because software versions are done over wifi and not the tesla network. the only firmware you will receive over tesla's network will be mandatory /critical firmware. i live in a condo with a sub garage so my wifi wont reach, so i installed a hotspot in my car so it would be always connected.

yes very typical your software will be one or two revisions behind. this is absolutely to be expected. it may take you a week or two to get caught up. when i got my first tesla it was several firmware revisions behind. your wifi will need to be connected to the car because software versions are done over wifi and not the tesla network. the only firmware you will receive over tesla's network will be mandatory /critical firmware. i live in a condo with a sub garage so my wifi wont reach, so i installed a hotspot in my car so it would be always connected.
Got it ! Ok will be patient , seems about 6 months behind 😅

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I already have the 20 snow tires , and I don’t want to give up the look
The brake rotor hat on the M3P has a weird lip that only some wheels fit over. Tsportline, martian, Titan 7, and some others fit. If you already have snow tires in 20", then stick with 20s.

Another option is getting a second set of 20" Uberturbines, which seem to sell in the same range as the above, and you'd usually get a second set of P-zeros.

The brake rotor hat on the M3P has a weird lip that only some wheels fit over. Tsportline, martian, Titan 7, and some others fit. If you already have snow tires in 20", then stick with 20s.

Another option is getting a second set of 20" Uberturbines, which seem to sell in the same range as the above, and you'd usually get a second set of P-zeros.
Yes I was actually looking at that seems good deal almost a free set of lightly used tires.

no, inventory cars are not always rejects. they are many times and MOST of the time freshly input into the system. sometimes someone's loan may fall through or some other reason that causes this car to lose its original reservation and go to inventory.

we all have to remember this forum is an enthusiast forum and not everyone will reject a car for not having a ryzen or heated windscreen or battery. many just want their car.
yeah, you're probably right. There are likely far more people who can't arrange their loan at the last minute than those who willingly walk away from a shiny new car.

I live in a condo too I was planning on just going to a service center to update my car in the future

Any update on your EDD I don't know why but I have a feeling we’re going to receive our cars at the same time(both in LA similar EDD)

yeah, you're probably right. There are likely far more people who can't arrange their loan at the last minute than those who willingly walk away from a shiny new car.
And even beyond that, Tesla is absolutely unforgiving about the timeline. You only get a 3 day window to schedule delivery, and you don't really know what the delivery date is going to be until you're about a week out. Some of us don't have jobs that allow time off on that short notice. I got lucky that I had no patients scheduled for one of the afternoons in my 3 day window. Had the car arrived a week earlier I'd be ****ed.

I live in a condo too I was planning on just going to a service center to update my car in the future

alex,
ive read a few people go to burbank and park next to it and grab that wifi so yup thats a possibility!!! :) in my case i had an unused unlimited tablet line on my account so i just bought a hotspot off amazon and in there it sits...

Any update on your EDD I don't know why but I have a feeling we’re going to receive our cars at the same time(both in LA similar EDD)

ive not checked it today but i think a couple days ago its now at 2-12 to 3-08. picking up in burbank. i expect to get some info on vin by next week! :)

Reactions: Alex Oliyai
alex,
ive read a few people go to burbank and park next to it and grab that wifi so yup thats a possibility!!! :) in my case i had an unused unlimited tablet line on my account so i just bought a hotspot off amazon and in there it sits...

ive not checked it today but i think a couple days ago its now at 2-12 to 3-08. picking up in burbank. i expect to get some info on vin by next week! :)
I’m sure we’ll hear back about our vins next week I just checked the website and saw EDD if you ordered a m3p today is still march so that’s a good sign

Picked it at Colma today! Ride is really good. One key observation from 2021 M3 LR which I had for an year is that I could see that Tesla decided to move to cheap plastic material for bottle holder. There are few costs cut they moved to which I am disappointed. Also premium connection is only for 30 days compared to 2021 model which had 1 year free connectivity.

Last edited:
Picked it at Colma today! Ride is really good. One key observation from 2021 M3 LR which I had for an year is that I could see that Tesla decided to move to cheap plastic material for bottle holder. There are few costs cut they moved to which I am disappointed. Also premium connection is only for 30 days unless when I had 2021 model which had 1 year free connectivity.

Sick whip

And even beyond that, Tesla is absolutely unforgiving about the timeline. You only get a 3 day window to schedule delivery, and you don't really know what the delivery date is going to be until you're about a week out. Some of us don't have jobs that allow time off on that short notice. I got lucky that I had no patients scheduled for one of the afternoons in my 3 day window. Had the car arrived a week earlier I'd be ****ed.
You could send your next door neighbor; they don't scan the iris, trust me.

• Funny
Picked it at Colma today! Ride is really good. One key observation from 2021 M3 LR which I had for an year is that I could see that Tesla decided to move to cheap plastic material for bottle holder. There are few costs cut they moved to which I am disappointed. Also premium connection is only for 30 days compared to 2021 model which had 1 year free connectivity.

Is it still "lowered" vs ur LR?