Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was about to post two nights ago to say that I ordered on 2/22…M3P/silver/white interior, said March for EDD before paying deposit, then switched to April 27-May 29 and I’ve never seen a single update in my EDD.

Update as of today:

Ordered 2/22: EDD March
Post Order: EDD April 29- May 27
Silence for a month
03/22: EDD April 7-May 5
03/22 two hours later: VIN received, financing finalized, call from Tesla Mt. Kisco, Car is there on site.
03/23: 11:30am EST picked up car

Exactly one month…my EDD never changed until the day I received my VIN and then picked up the car the following day
Although I am very happy you got your car already, this kind of planning by Tesla (or lack thereof), really pisses me off.

It's very egotistic of a company to assume their consumers are just going to take whatever they give to them without consequence (although it may be true).

Competition in this segment can't come soon enough. We'll then see better timelines, communication, quality control and overall service.

I'm not saying Tesla is terrible with customer satisfaction. They just have a long way to go yet.

Although I am very happy you got your car already, this kind of planning by Tesla (or lack thereof), really pisses me off.

It's very egotistic of a company to assume their consumers are just going to take whatever they give to them without consequence (although it may be true).

Competition in this segment can't come soon enough. We'll then see better timelines, communication, quality control and overall service.

I'm not saying Tesla is terrible with customer satisfaction. They just have a long way to go yet.
I completely agree. Tesla has one of the most advanced supply chains and automated processes so getting an EDD shouldn't be a challenge. It's not like Ford or other dealers where they offer 100+ configuration options per model. The only variable that affects the manufacturing process is color so that should be easy to forecast.

Due to the lack of competition there are many items deprioritized. Build and paint quality leaves a lot to be desired. Customer service is severely lacking. When I bought my last one I learned that a no touch delivery means how can we make this customer GTFO as quickly as possible because the Tesla emoloyee would rather be doing something else. I also dealt with the Tesla collision center recently and that was just as painful as I should have expected.

Last edited:

100%. Can’t wait to see the competition catch up, so they can be held more accountable. They are fully taking advantage of being the only real EV name in the game right now.

I completely agree. Tesla has one of the most advanced supply chains and automated processes so getting an EDD shouldn't be a challenge. It's not like Ford or other dealers where they offer 100+ configuration options per model. The only variable that affects the manufacturing process is color so that should be easy to forecast.

Due to the lack of competition there are many items deprioritized. Build and paint quality leaves a lot to be desired. Customer service is severely lacking. When I bought my last one I learned that a no touch delivery means how can we make this customer GTFO as quickly as possible because the Tesla emoloyee would rather be doing something else. I also dealt with the Tesla collision center recently and that was just as painful as I should have expected.
I can't disagree it literally came out of no where. Found out more by talking to my SA. They said there was an exact match to my order in the same location that my pick up was going to be at that got last minute canceled so I literally lucked out.

Final DCU update - everything is finalized (at basically the last possible second!). Here's the timeline since I would have loved to know this before I started. Again, open your DCU accounts NOW if you're financing with them to make this process infinitely less stressful. The longest process was getting the account open, after that the loan process was almost instant. All times are in PST.
- 3/15 6:45am: Applied for DCU membership online
- Called DCU a few times over the next few days to see if my app could be expedited. No dice.
- 3/18 6:50am: DCU membership finally got approved.
- Filled out loan app immediately
- Called DCU loan dept right after filling out the loan app, got into the phone queue system for a 3-4 hour wait
- 3/18 10:00am: Received a call back from a loan officer
- The loan officer had me send over my MVPA and she reviewed it while I was on the the phone.
- She approved my application immediately, gave me the loan terms, and told me to look out for a docusign email
- 3/18 11:30am: Received docusign email, signed the paperwork immediately
- 3/18 11:50am: Received the check scan
- 3/18 12:30pm: Received FedEx info

I sent the tracking info and the check scan over to my Tesla delivery center which is all they need for the loan. All set for my delivery tomorrow but whew, what a process. Getting ahold of anyone at DCU is a total PITA, but once you do, they're friendly and helpful.

Also: DCU's lowest rate (with direct deposit + the EV discount) is now 1.74%! The rate jumped by .5% today, ugh.
Thanks for sharing your information, the way you included your timeline is very helpful. I have EDD of June 1 - June 30, but I was thinking about getting a head start by applying for a membership. Just trying to understand because when I click on the join button in their website, its asking for ID, SSN and other information which I dont mind uploading, and it shows up like its opening a savings account. I'm I missing something, or that is the regular process of getting a membership? Also, I am assuming donating $10 is an option within the membership?

Thanks for sharing your information, the way you included your timeline is very helpful. I have EDD of June 1 - June 30, but I was thinking about getting a head start by applying for a membership. Just trying to understand because when I click on the join button in their website, its asking for ID, SSN and other information which I dont mind uploading, and it shows up like its opening a savings account. I'm I missing something, or that is the regular process of getting a membership? Also, I am assuming donating $10 is an option within the membership?
Yes, that is the process. You have to deposit at least $5 to open a savings account and the cheapest way to become a member is a $10 donation to a charity. It's $15 total and they open the account for you.

Keep in mind, you can apply and get approved for a loan before you even have a membership. You just need to get the membership and direct deposit set up to keep the loan and lower interest rate.

I became a member, but I'm honestly thinking of going with another credit union at 2% if I don't get the lower rate of 1.24%. The .25% difference is not enough for me to set up direct deposit and wait hours on the phone if I ever need to reach someone at DCU.

Reactions: Rodney!
Yes, that is the process. You have to deposit at least $5 to open a savings account and the cheapest way to become a member is a $10 donation to a charity. It's $15 total and they open the account for you.

Keep in mind, you can apply and get approved for a loan before you even have a membership. You just need to get the membership and direct deposit set up to keep the loan and lower interest rate.

I became a member, but I'm honestly thinking of going with another credit union at 2% if I don't get the lower rate of 1.24%. The .25% difference is not enough for me to set up direct deposit and wait hours on the phone if I ever need to reach someone at DCU.
Thank you and I agree, I was little wary about setting up direct deposit anyways. Do you mind sharing what other CU you are looking at?

DCU is a few hours from me, and i debated on going with them, as the rates were a smidge less and adding the .25 discount, even better. But, after the most recent rate hike, I am going to go with a CU near me, SEFCU. Current rates are 1.89 for 60mos and 2.14 for 72mos. When i get a vin, i will decide which term, but leaning toward 72 mos.

Here is crossing fingers that the rate doesn't skyrocket before the car gets here.... 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: jessepotter
Thank you and I agree, I was little wary about setting up direct deposit anyways. Do you mind sharing what other CU you are looking at?
PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union). It's 1.99% for 60 months. 2.39% for 72 months if you prefer.

I was a member many years ago and recently reestablished my membership by providing updated personal information.

My parents have been with the credit union for at least 25 years.

I have not heard of an FSD "hack" of any sort. You will get priority based on your red paint.
I've seen it over on youtube, people are "hacking" the system by placing their order including FSD and then modifying it to remove FSD afterwards. But of course there should be more information here than over on youtube. Thought someone could shine some light on the subject, of course the people that are actually exploiting the system that way won't really share it so they don't get sent back on line lol.

FSD can be added to any car. Good luck proving you can game the system with it.

Tesla builds cars in the most efficient way they can at the time. So, if there are 200 orders of white/black M3Ps and 50 orders of blue/white M3Ps, they will build, and most likely deliver, the white cars first. Even if someone ordered a blue car before one of the white car customers ordered their car.

It's not efficient to build to order date. It is efficient to build to order spec. This is why there are so few options when ordering a Tesla.

I've seen it over on youtube, people are "hacking" the system by placing their order including FSD and then modifying it to remove FSD afterwards. But of course there should be more information here than over on youtube. Thought someone could shine some light on the subject, of course the people that are actually exploiting the system that way won't really share it so they don't get sent back on line lol.
That doesn't make it true. People also said that some M3P were coming with all-season tires. No one was ever able to confirm it accurately.

The FSD gaming is real. People on the reddit subs have been doing it but looks like Tesla is starting to crack down on it.

1648160981337.png

The FSD gaming is real. People on the reddit subs have been doing it but looks like Tesla is starting to crack down on it.

View attachment 785372
In the reddit threads I have followed on the subject, there are comments referencing actual deliveries in the same thread that disprove these theories.

The reddit posts that claim that estimated delivery dates change on the site if you option FSD can be disproven just by going and doing your own build right now. I built this M3P to the same specs as mine. The only difference between three two is optioning FSD. Delivery date doesn't change.

Screenshot_20220324-180323.pngScreenshot_20220324-180314.png

All this said, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe someone can show two models with the same specs ordered a month or two apart, where the later had FSD and the former didn't, thus resulting in a month or two delivery delay of the non-FSD model.

If that is the case, anyone out there: feel free to spend $12k to be a beta tester and cut the line and prove me wrong. 👍🏻