Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, the consensus is that any cars listed on Tesla's site as in current inventory are probably not actually available, correct?

I see my exact config available in inventory. Is it possible that this might be the car I ordered, showing as coming in, before I get a VIN?

So, the consensus is that any cars listed on Tesla's site as in current inventory are probably not actually available, correct?

I see my exact config available in inventory. Is it possible that this might be the car I ordered, showing as coming in, before I get a VIN?
I had this talk with my SA as well. These are pre-production cars and they can't assign them to your account until they are made. Now, that being said, they can watch those cars and assign one for you when they become available. IF they get to it before another SA for their client. Now I do take everything they tell me with a grain of salt, so believe what you will. I am not holding my breath for anything any time soon.

you would be correct for the most part. however when I asked about the one in Philly I was told I would have to pay 500 to transport to DMV when the site told me it was free of charge. in our email exchange I was told that it would take 1-2 week to move the car from Philly to DMV which I find strangely odd for a car that is not on the east coast. however, at this point, not sure why an inventory car would appear, and have the option to buy, and it even states less than 50 miles on the ODO. before, it actually stated in transit. it doesn't have that now. however I have kinda just let it go at this point. if it comes it comes. if it doesn't then maybe time to look at something else. I do know that a lot of LR and SR+ cars are heading this way right now. those cars will be delivered end of next week into Christmas week. but keep trying to get matched, one day they may just do it.

Reactions: SpringfieldM3P
I had this talk with my SA as well. These are pre-production cars and they can't assign them to your account until they are made. Now, that being said, they can watch those cars and assign one for you when they become available. IF they get to it before another SA for their client. Now I do take everything they tell me with a grain of salt, so believe what you will. I am not holding my breath for anything any time soon.
I totally agree with this statement. in fact, their are two inventory cars I have been watching for a week and half. no way that car is not built already no way. but you're right, the SA, would have to grab it before another one does.

I totally agree with this statement. in fact, their are two inventory cars I have been watching for a week and half. no way that car is not built already no way. but you're right, the SA, would have to grab it before another one does.
Exactly. I have been watching two also and my SA told me they couldn't get a GPS location on the cars even though they have VINs. Meaning they are still locked up in California for some reason, but my SA told me he would keep trying to get me locked into one of those.

Exactly. I have been watching two also and my SA told me they couldn't get a GPS location on the cars even though they have VINs. Meaning they are still locked up in California for some reason, but my SA told me he would keep trying to get me locked into one of those.
same communication for the most part up here in Maryland. I just hope this isn't a situation where they are being held for certain people. I dont think so, but its starting to look really strange that these inventory cars are just sitting and sitting for a long time. hopefully we get our vins soon.

Looking at the spreadsheet that's stickey'ed up top, it seems like most people in October and early November that have ordered M3P are getting taken care of. Seems like this week's production will take care of those of us who are mid November, hope that's me. (ordered 11/21).

Ordered mine on 10.26.20
Received VIN 3 weeks ago, delivery set for 10.15 or in 2 days.

Model 3 Performance, red, black interior and FSD. Can’t wait. Though here in Michigan where purchasing is disallowed, have to have everything paid up front, with insurance uploaded. Nothing to do now but get vehicle. I hope it happens and goes smoothly. I’ll probably drive my bmw i3 through winter while modding up the M3P.

Brian

I went to the service centre here in Norway and asked the same. They told me there not even for sale here yet as all sensors are prioritised for wheels summer and winter ordered with the car as the supply is limited. Didn’t want 20” winter wheels so ordered 18” and will just have to go without sensors until they become available here
This has happened to multiple people in the US unfortunately. Me included. On the other hand, it is also completely ridiculous it is happening when (see earlier in the thread) at least one poster has gotten around this by reading off the VIN from a 2021 in the showroom to the parts guys. Yes. They sold him the sensors. Not his car. So WTF.

Looking at the spreadsheet that's stickey'ed up top, it seems like most people in October and early November that have ordered M3P are getting taken care of. Seems like this week's production will take care of those of us who are mid November, hope that's me. (ordered 11/21).
Unfortunately, there are still a lot of us who ordered in October who haven't received VINs yet either

Yes. Not sure why or how you get taken care of... but I ordered 10/17 and have hit the no vin no update no car for me lottery.
Yeah, being in California, I’m not too worried just yet, but the fact that people like yourself as far as Minnesota don’t even have a VIN is a bit of an unsettling omen about production.

I’m only about 9 days from the 9 week mark, which is the upper bounds of my estimate. :rolleyes:

unfortunately A LOT of M3P orders have not happened yet. I do know that if you order a LR or SR+ you will get car rapidly it seems now. these are getting vins in large numbers now.

Yeah, being in California, I’m not too worried just yet, but the fact that people like yourself as far as Minnesota don’t even have a VIN is a bit of an unsettling omen about production.

I’m only about 9 days from the 9 week mark, which is the upper bounds of my estimate. :rolleyes:
I mean its hardly any M3P deliveries on the east coast. so you are right about that black rain cloud. its starting to get darker and darker. granted I still have some hope. but come the 21st if no VIN has been assigned its very unlikely that it will happen for us.

I just called my SA. My car that was ordered 11/30 is slated to start production 12/25 with an estimated arrival date of 1/6. I’m in Massachusetts for reference. Was told things could change but unlikely it will be here by the end of the year. Was also told performance variants in this area are not as popular due to the summer tires which I kind of already knew since I don’t see many around.

I just called my SA. My car that was ordered 11/30 is slated to start production 12/25 with an estimated arrival date of 1/6. I’m in Massachusetts for reference. Was told things could change but unlikely it will be here by the end of the year. Was also told performance variants in this area are not as popular due to the summer tires which I kind of already knew since I don’t see many around.

Seeing that we are close (10.26) for M3P, strange how they vary especially for Eastern deliveries. My slated delivery jumped all over quite a bit, but in general dates moved up not back. Hoping for my 12.15 time slot here in Michigan.
Brian