Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it today.

6B995890-BD0E-426D-A0B5-5550551D3A08.jpeg
27F6D84F-5AF4-44E1-8510-EFA991355746.jpeg

Well, today I was expressly told that I'm not getting a car before Christmas.

As a reminder, I ordered my W/W M3P w/ FSD on 10/17/20 and am in Nevada.

Lots of apologies and excuses at this point.

M3P is low volume (compared to other variants). COVID is keeping them from working with as many people in the factory (distancing) and affecting the number of shifts.

Still being assured delivery before the end of the year but ... The last assurance that I received was that I was going to get a VIN within the first 10 days of December.

Seems to me they're back in production hell. Nonplussed.

Well, today I was expressly told that I'm not getting a car before Christmas.

As a reminder, I ordered my W/W M3P w/ FSD on 10/17/20 and am in Nevada.

Lots of apologies and excuses at this point.

M3P is low volume (compared to other variants). COVID is keeping them from working with as many people in the factory (distancing) and affecting the number of shifts.

Still being assured delivery before the end of the year but ... The last assurance that I received was that I was going to get a VIN within the first 10 days of December.

Seems to me they're back in production hell. Nonplussed.

How and where did you get this info?
My local SA isn’t able to share anything let alone intimate details about production....

Reactions: dalton108
Local service advisor. Said she just wanted to be honest. She could tell I was very frustrated.

She did also mention that she was giving me the "after Christmas" projection based on some sort of production projections that they have access to. It seems like it just gives them some sort of idea of where things are. No idea how granular whatever it is that they're looking at is. She said it wasn't completely certain because someone might not take delivery and that could move me up.

So I went to the Tesla dealer in Paramus NJ to try to get the new Bluetooth TPMS sensors for winter tires for the M3P I ordered. I've called the dealership multiple times this week, left messages, sent texts to my sales person and have not gotten a single response back. I go there and they tell me they won't sell me sensors without a VIN. I really have to say the customer service at Tesla has been atrocious. It's as if they didn't care at all.

Question; I purchased a brand new 2021 SR+ from Tesla's "Existing Inventory" labeled as new, for the same price as a new customized one in hopes of saving delivery time. However, I am reading in some forums that their existing inventory is almost always demo cars, showroom cars, or cars that have been rejected for delivery (meaning the would-be owner saw something they didn't like), how true is this? Did I goof by going the Existing Inventory route? I got a VIN right away when I purchased the car btw.

So I went to the Tesla dealer in Paramus NJ to try to get the new Bluetooth TPMS sensors for winter tires for the M3P I ordered. I've called the dealership multiple times this week, left messages, sent texts to my sales person and have not gotten a single response back. I go there and they tell me they won't sell me sensors without a VIN. I really have to say the customer service at Tesla has been atrocious. It's as if they didn't care at all.
I went to the service centre here in Norway and asked the same. They told me there not even for sale here yet as all sensors are prioritised for wheels summer and winter ordered with the car as the supply is limited. Didn’t want 20” winter wheels so ordered 18” and will just have to go without sensors until they become available here

Question; I purchased a brand new 2021 SR+ from Tesla's "Existing Inventory" labeled as new, for the same price as a new customized one in hopes of saving delivery time. However, I am reading in some forums that their existing inventory is almost always demo cars, showroom cars, or cars that have been rejected for delivery (meaning the would-be owner saw something they didn't like), how true is this? Did I goof by going the Existing Inventory route? I got a VIN right away when I purchased the car btw.
Not true. If the car shows less than 50 miles on the MVPA, then it will be “new” every new tesla shows 50 miles and mine had 11 yesterday. People order and change their minds all the time, especially since it’s only a $100 order fee. Starting on Tuesday in Atlanta there were 6-7 LR 2021s available for purchase, these were not demo cars as they just came off the truck.