Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been exactly a month now since my last EDD update.

M3P MSM White interior no FSD cash no trade Atlanta, GA

OD: 2/18
2/19: EDD1 Jun 13 - Jul 11
2/25: EDD2 Apr 25 - May 23
Just to bring light to my timeline, it's been exactly 6 weeks since I had an EDD update.

The website said EDD March when I ordered, so that's obviously a best case scenario and should not be trusted. I wish they would change that to a worst case scenario and then customers would be pleasantly surprised if they got their cars earlier.

I will say Tesla was nice enough to not try and deliver the week I went on vacation as has happened to others.

I updated my signature with all the pertinent information people look for here. Hopefully, it all makes sense. If not, ask anything you want to know.

Random advice from what I've learned so far:

1) Don't do financing or add a trade until you have a VIN. These things are only good so long in Tesla's system before needing redone and you may get a worse offer at that time. Not updating these things can DELAY YOUR ORDER.

2) More premium options will get you the car sooner. You can call a service advisor and ask to change colors or interior before you get a VIN. Red cars deliver REALLY fast.

3) The service advisors don't know anything more than what you see on the website or app. If they tell you you'll get your car sometime that does not line up with the website or app, they are probably lying to you to get you to shut up and stop calling.

4) CA residents are the true children of Elon and the rest of us are step-children according to delivery dates.

Based on the Order Tracker spreadsheet it looks like the people who are getting VIN's are for the ones who ordered at the beginning of February. It's a small sample size though so it would be nice if more people kept it updated.

I’ve tried adding my information twice on that sheet and it doesn’t get included. Ordered a blue M3P on 2/14. two Edd changes so far.

Reactions: SantaCruzOMB
My guess would be smack dab in the middle, So ~8 days?

Again, lots of variables with color choice, FSD choice and of course Tesla's general inconsistency.

We shall see! 😎

Just to bring light to my timeline, it's been exactly 6 weeks since I had an EDD update.

The website said EDD March when I ordered, so that's obviously a best case scenario and should not be trusted. I wish they would change that to a worst case scenario and then customers would be pleasantly surprised if they got their cars earlier.

I will say Tesla was nice enough to not try and deliver the week I went on vacation as has happened to others.

I updated my signature with all the pertinent information people look for here. Hopefully, it all makes sense. If not, ask anything you want to know.

Random advice from what I've learned so far:

1) Don't do financing or add a trade until you have a VIN. These things are only good so long in Tesla's system before needing redone and you may get a worse offer at that time. Not updating these things can DELAY YOUR ORDER.

2) More premium options will get you the car sooner. You can call a service advisor and ask to change colors or interior before you get a VIN. Red cars deliver REALLY fast.

3) The service advisors don't know anything more than what you see on the website or app. If they tell you you'll get your car sometime that does not line up with the website or app, they are probably lying to you to get you to shut up and stop calling.

4) CA residents are the true children of Elon and the rest of us are step-children according to delivery dates.

I don't think so guys "Red color cars deliver really fast" is a true statement, maybe on the West Coast but on the East coast we are all in the same boat. I have on order Red M3P and my EDD is pretty much the same as all others who ordered the car at the same time frame with different color or configuration. My OD is 3/4 with current EDD May 3 – May 31

Has anyone received a VIN while your EDD was still in the 1 month range? Mine is currently sitting at 4/18 - 5/16, and I see that many of you are down to a 12-15 day range. I'm beginning to think that I'll likely have 2 more EDD updates before being close to deliver. FYI - located in SF Bay Area.

Ok dealing with a somewhat stressful turn here and wondering if anyone has any experience that could help. I got my VIN yesterday, and proceeded to get my loan through PenFed (who I have used in the past for several cars without issues). At first when speaking to PenFed I was told that the check was being overnighted, but it seems that whoever I spoke to was misinformed. Tesla called today to organize delivery, and with the overnighted check in mind I scheduled Tuesday at 10am (hoping that it would arrive Monday, being sent out yesterday).

I called PenFed today to confirm that the check had been sent out, and to ask for tracking, but they told me that it was not overnighted, that they don't overnight auto loan checks, and that it was sent regular mail and will be with me within 7-10 business days.

My excitement for delivery has turned to utter stress, I've never had this issue with PenFed in the past (they always overnighted checks), has anyone had experience with them recently? Is it likely that I'll get the check earlier? And if it does take 7-10 business days, will Tesla wait that long to deliver my car?

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!