Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how many people here would have ordered knowing this process would take 3-4 months instead of the EDD we were given at the time we placed our order.

For me, I'm not in a hurry to get another car. I'm keeping the car I drive right now, just wanting a more practical daily driver. The delay doesn't hurt me in any way other than my nerves.

It just sucks being told one thing when there is no way they could have kept that promise. As I said previously, the EDD at order should be a worst-case scenario and then pleasantly surprise the customer if it comes sooner. As it is, it's a blatant bait-and-switch and should be illegal.
When I ordered on 2/19, the SA said it would be March, which i thought was optimistic, but i ran with it. I was thinking by April at the latest... Welp, clearly that was wrong. I am glad I did not trust in Tesla's timeline, and subsequent trade in offer, and sold my truck to a local dealer on 2/22.

I am still rocking my Sienna minivan, which is currently my only car. issok, as my soccermomvan is no slouch and routinely embarrasses many performance cars... 😇

fyi, the white WRX is a coworker, who traded the WRX in for a M3LR last year. She is waiting for a rematch when i get my M3P... 😁

Last edited:
OD 4/16 one day before they announced the removal of the mobile connector. So I probably won't be getting it.

EDD: says Jul 15 - August 26
White, black no Fsd

Currently have no car payment as my Evo is paid off. So I get to drive it around all summer until the Tesla comes.
Someone previously posted that they would honor the mobile charger prior to the announcement date. I would still take that with a grain of salt.

When I ordered mine, they said home delivery was not available, although I'm only 25 mins away from the factory. I opted for Fremont pickup. I'd actually prefer that, rather than trusting their SAs to deliver it properly :)
Absolutely!! I'd love to take delivery at the factory that built my car instead of having it shipped 2500 miles and handled by so many people along the way....

Last edited:
When I ordered on 2/19, the SA said it would be March, which i thought was optimistic, but i ran with it. I was thinking by April at the latest... Welp, clearly that was wrong. I am glad I did not trust in Tesla's timeline, and subsequent trade in offer, and sold my truck to a local dealer on 2/22.

I am still rocking my Sienna minivan, which is currently my only car. 😇

fyi, the white WRX is a coworker, who traded the WRX in for a M3LR last year. She is waiting for a rematch when i get my M3P... 😁
It looks like the WRX is standing still in those. Is the Sienna engine swapped or something?

I wonder how many people here would have ordered knowing this process would take 3-4 months instead of the EDD we were given at the time we placed our order.

For me, I'm not in a hurry to get another car. I'm keeping the car I drive right now, just wanting a more practical daily driver. The delay doesn't hurt me in any way other than my nerves.

It just sucks being told one thing when there is no way they could have kept that promise. As I said previously, the EDD at order should be a worst-case scenario and then pleasantly surprise the customer if it comes sooner. As it is, it's a blatant bait-and-switch and should be illegal.

View attachment 796960
That's VERY funny😂😂😂😂

Reactions: jessepotter
I got tired of working within the Tesla spreadsheet so I connected it to Tableau to get my updates quicker. It's still a small sample set but the overall trends are still probably similar.

It seems like the March OD's are the ones getting pushed back recently and week 10 starts at the end of Feb. You can assume whichever side of the week 11 spike you are on will probably be a big factor on your EDD. It's also interesting how volume has really declined in April so maybe the price increase is finally hitting people's limit for what they want to spend.

Attachments

• image (5)~2.png
    image (5)~2.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 73
I got tired of working within the Tesla spreadsheet so I connected it to Tableau to get my updates quicker. It's still a small sample set but the overall trends are still probably similar.

It seems like the March OD's are the ones getting pushed back recently and week 10 starts at the end of Feb. You can assume whichever side of the week 11 spike you are on will probably be a big factor on your EDD. It's also interesting how volume has really declined in April so maybe the price increase is finally hitting people's limit for what they want to spend.
What’s the link to tableau?

View attachment 796960
Funny, I was originally going to buy over the summer since it wouldn’t overlap other financial commitments but I figure “eff it, why not get it in March.” Then I get a June EDD in Feb anyways…

Since mine was already pushed out, there is no need to push it again at this time. It does look like they are trying to deliver a lot of cars at once, they just can't settle on the dates.

I wonder what the timeline looks like for the MYP. Has the Model 3 become the red-headed step child?

Order date Feb 18
EDD May 17 - June 14
MYP is no better. Ordered 1/16 as MYLR, changed to MYP on 2/14. EDD 5/16-6/20

View attachment 796960
We based our order on the estimated date on the site. We just took delivery of a MYP in March, ODD was early Feb and we had it by March 6 even though the EDD was May. After that we decided that the estimates were off so my wife placed her M3P in March with an EDD of April and promptly sold her M3LR to Driveway. Now the date has been pushed out months. A bit of a bummer but we have a spare car so it’s not painful, just annoying that we both can’t drive fun cars at the same time.

Really a shallow complaint versus people who are without cars.

Wht/Wht no FSD. SoCal.
OD: 3/8
EDD1: 4/30 - 6/4
EDD2: 4/18 - 5/16
EDD3: 5/9 - 6/6
VIN Assigned: 4/20
Delivery Date: Today

I just picked it up. No major issues. Only thing I could nit pick was that the bottom right corner of the driver's door was a little sunken in. (Had this same issue with my MYP).

5miles on the odometer, double pane glass only on the front windows and Ryzen chip.

I just realized I was assigned a VIN on 420. Someone on the job was hella high when they matched me with a car..hehe.

Attachments

• 20220424_103007.jpg
    20220424_103007.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 69
Wht/Wht no FSD. SoCal.

I just picked it up. No major issues. Only thing I could nit pick was that the bottom right corner of the driver's door was a little sunken in. (Had this same issue with my MYP).

5miles on the odometer, double pane glass only on the front windows and Ryzen chip.

I just realized I was assigned a VIN on 420. Someone on the job was hella high when they matched me with a car..hehe.
I 99.9% hope it doesn’t explode in your way home……….

• Funny
Reactions: mcp76 and Rodney!
Any February order still here? Just curious 🤔
Yes. February 22.
Wht/Wht no FSD. SoCal.

Wht/Wht no FSD. SoCal.

I just realized I was assigned a VIN on 420. Someone on the job was hella high when they matched me with a car..
Wht/Wht no FSD. SoCal.

Wht/Wht no FSD. SoCal.

Interesting. I ordered that same configuration two weeks before you and have a EDD of May 9- May 23. So…have fun with my car 🥺 The California queue is truly favored.

It was definitely a shock to me that the website said May-July delivery and then minutes after placing my order and setting up the app it then tells me August 24-October 19. I run a business and if I did that to my customers they'd straight up cancel their orders or call and complain about it. And then add on top that the deposit is non-refundable....woof.

This seems like such a simple thing to remedy I can't get my ahead around why it hasn't been solved already.