Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update, seems to be moving in the proper direction now, it's moving closer and shrinking the window. EDD3 came in on Friday, 6 May. EDD4 came in today between 0100-0730 Pacific time.

M3P, MSM, black interior, no FSD, Central California

OD: 3/9
EDD1: May 3- May 31
EDD2: June 5- July 10
EDD3: May 14- May 28
EDD4: May 11- May 21
Another update, unfortunately moving in the wrong direction.
EDD5(May 12): May 14- May 28

Another update, unfortunately moving in the wrong direction.
EDD5(May 12): May 14- May 28
Now you are on the same exact two week window as mine with the same specs and similar OD. That is frustrating though… going from a 10 day window back to a 2 week window… Hopefully they will pump out some MSM M3P’s soon. 😀

Just got a new update.
A0234FAD-1073-4334-A553-A590A31495D9.jpeg

Alright… update this morning… went from a 14 day window to a 13 day window… not sure what to think of that but a shrinking window is progress!

M3P, MSM, black, no FSD, Central California

3/7: OD EDD April 2022
3/8: EDD June 5 - July 10
3/13: EDD May 1 - May 29
3/31: EDD April 18-May 16
4/19: EDD April 29- May 13
4/24: EDD May 6- May 20
5/07: EDD May 14- May 28
5/13: EDD May 15- May 28

So is the general consensus to ultimately get rid of the 20" Uberturbine wheels and downsize to 18" or 19" on the M3P ? Wouldn't doing this leave a huge gap between tire and fender if you don't lower the car?
So after reading several posts and watching some reviews I decided to go with an 18" wheel and tire package. The main reason was to avoid the ridiculous costs associated with tire and wheel damage of 20" wheels. In addition, according to the Engineering Explained guy, I should also see an increase in my range due to the reduction in weight.

I ordered the TSportline TS5 18x8.5 with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 235/45/18s. I got them in yesterday and put them up next to my existing tire and wheels and they are almost identical in height. So there really shouldn't be a large gap. There is a tire comparison website you can use if you want to compare. You just put in your old and new sizes and it shows a physical representation of the size difference.

By the way, I odered from TSportline on Wednesday afternoon and the tires were delivered the next day! Absolutely excellent service. I'll post pics once I have them installed.

So after reading several posts and watching some reviews I decided to go with an 18" wheel and tire package. The main reason was to avoid the ridiculous costs associated with tire and wheel damage of 20" wheels. In addition, according to the Engineering Explained guy, I should also see an increase in my range due to the reduction in weight.

I ordered the TSportline TS5 18x8.5 with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 235/45/18s. I got them in yesterday and put them up next to my existing tire and wheels and they are almost identical in height. So there really shouldn't be a large gap. There is a tire comparison website you can use if you want to compare. You just put in your old and new sizes and it shows a physical representation of the size difference.

By the way, I odered from TSportline on Wednesday afternoon and the tires were delivered the next day! Absolutely excellent service. I'll post pics once I have them installed.
Awesome RuTang, thanks a TON. By the way....does changing wheel diameter affect the indicated MPH vs actual ?

Reactions: RuTang
Alright… update this morning… went from a 14 day window to a 13 day window… not sure what to think of that but a shrinking window is progress!

M3P, MSM, black, no FSD, Central California

3/7: OD EDD April 2022
3/8: EDD June 5 - July 10
3/13: EDD May 1 - May 29
3/31: EDD April 18-May 16
4/19: EDD April 29- May 13
4/24: EDD May 6- May 20
5/07: EDD May 14- May 28
5/13: EDD May 15- May 28
Nice! Me too. Same spec, OD and same EDD change today as well.

What did it run?
got 6 runs, all of them being 11.3@117 except for one tree experiment which netted an 11.40 it is amazing how many older people hate Tesla and electric cars in general. Guys that were mid 30's and younger loved the car, and the boomers are not fans.

couple data points:

highway range @70mph in chill mode used 50% of the range in 97 miles. I did not expect that.

dragstrip is in the middle of the woods, and has minimal cell reception. when they called my lane to run, i got locked out of the car. my wallet/keycard were in the console, and my phone was not communicating. I had to walk around and try to get a little signal to unlock the car.... after that, i put the keycard in my pocket. but, damn, that coulda been the beginning to a sh!tty evening...

Awesome RuTang, thanks a TON. By the way....does changing wheel diameter affect the indicated MPH vs actual ?
yes. i went 255/40-18, which is 6/10" shorter. I was paced by a buddy with GPS, and I was doing an indicated 71mph and he was doing 69mph.

Hope you guys and gals all get your cars. Quality seems to be improving, so that is a good thing.

Oh, I popped my dash cap trying to find the loose nut, and got nowhere. I scheduled my first service appointment fo may 23rd. Hopefully my car is not buchered! :p

Range does not seem change with lighter wheels. My 18's are 9 lbs lighter per corner, and i changed to 18" wheels in the wheel configuration. NOTHING changed, estimated range and actuality seem to not change at all.

Last edited:
No worries GC, glad I could spread some info.. The truth you seek is beyond my level of explanation and I'll apologize for the length and some of the technical aspects of this video but this guy is way smarter when it comes to your question. Ultimately, my understanding is YES! The decrease in weight and size reduces the amount of energy required to move the rolling mass, which equals improved economy.. But don't take my word for it..

This guys says that you should theoretically see a 15% increase in range by swapping from 20's to 18's.

No worries GC, glad I could spread some info.. The truth you seek is beyond my level of explanation and I'll apologize for the length and some of the technical aspects of this video but this guy is way smarter when it comes to your question. Ultimately, my understanding is YES! The decrease in weight and size reduces the amount of energy required to move the rolling mass, which equals improved economy.. But don't take my word for it..

This guys says that you should theoretically see a 15% increase in range by swapping from 20's to 18's.

Since the overall diameter is roughly the same there should not be any noticable difference in the speedo. But you can go into the Service menu and change the wheel spec to the 18” option and that could correct any variance.
got 6 runs, all of them being 11.3@117 except for one tree experiment which netted an 11.40 it is amazing how many older people hate Tesla and electric cars in general. Guys that were mid 30's and younger loved the car, and the boomers are not fans.

couple data points:

highway range @70mph in chill mode used 50% of the range in 97 miles. I did not expect that.

dragstrip is in the middle of the woods, and has minimal cell reception. when they called my lane to run, i got locked out of the car. my wallet/keycard were in the console, and my phone was not communicating. I had to walk around and try to get a little signal to unlock the car.... after that, i put the keycard in my pocket. but, damn, that coulda been the beginning to a sh!tty evening...

yes. i went 255/40-18, which is 6/10" shorter. I was paced by a buddy with GPS, and I was doing an indicated 71mph and he was doing 69mph.

Hope you guys and gals all get your cars. Quality seems to be improving, so that is a good thing.

Oh, I popped my dash cap trying to find the loose nut, and got nowhere. I scheduled my first service appointment fo may 23rd. Hopefully my car is not buchered! :p

Range does not seem change with lighter wheels. My 18's are 9 lbs lighter per corner, and i changed to 18" wheels in the wheel configuration. NOTHING changed, estimated range and actuality seem to not change at all.
Did you setup your phone as key? You don’t need cell reception for that to work. It would just use Bluetooth.

Reactions: Maric and RuTang