Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the Tesla flaps any good if so?
I have a set in box, no car to try them out on yet

Are the Tesla flaps any good if so?

those rear? mud flaps looks like there is 0 clearance and will be ripped off going over anything...

Reactions: t-rex266
Been lurking for a while to help ease the wait anxiety lol..
socal
I ordered 4/27 LR
Changed 5/3 to white performance

Was at 6/12-6/26
Changed this morning 6/15-6/26 so narrowing.
Talked to SA few weeks back he said estimate 6/18

I went third party finance, have check in hand so SA inputted the finance info in last week so that tab is showing complete.

Just waiting on Vin like everyone else, hopefully next few days…

At least you have something change/happen. It could be worse - you could've been bumped to 7/28-9/8 eight days ago and have zero updates since then like myself...
I called the tesla dealer and spoke with the person who handled my test drive. He advised that they are not able to see why the dates have changed nor why i had been given a 2 week window in may then bumped a month then another 2 week window in June then bumped to July 6 middle of 2nd week of august. He said it is not computer generated and someone from production physically changes the dates based on estimated production dates. they also do not know how any of the logistic stuff works with respect to shipping and filling orders based on geographical locations. He went on to state there is no way to contact production to shore up a date and advised I probably would not see the car until the 2nd week of August. My opinion based on what i just typed is, his statement was merely conjecture as he stated he wasn't able to see anything besides my current window which I can see. He said the delays could be due to supply shortage on parts and I am guessing that is just an answer to try and pacify customers rather then admit the process really is a soup sandwich. I asked him also how 2 separate people indicated a build date of June 14th on prior in person visits, asking what they specifically were looking at. he said he didnt know as he only sees my current DD of July 6- August 10 and advised I most likely wont see the vehicle until August.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
I called the tesla dealer and spoke with the person who handled my test drive. He advised that they are not able to see why the dates have changed nor why i had been given a 2 week window in may then bumped a month then another 2 week window in June then bumped to July 6 middle of 2nd week of august. He said it is not computer generated and someone from production physically changes the dates based on estimated production dates. they also do not know how any of the logistic stuff works with respect to shipping and filling orders based on geographical locations. He went on to state there is no way to contact production to shore up a date and advised I probably would not see the car until the 2nd week of August. My opinion based on what i just typed is, his statement was merely conjecture as he stated he wasn't able to see anything besides my current window which I can see. He said the delays could be due to supply shortage on parts and I am guessing that is just an answer to try and pacify customers rather then admit the process really is a soup sandwich.
Interesting info. Thanks for posting that.

I think my feelings on Tesla / the SA experience is that this is an issue of leadership. They simply don't give the SA's enough information or enough authority. Its short sighted IMO. We train our employees to have the answers and give them the authority to take action for our customers without having to escalate things or involve someone higher up. Its better for the customer, its better for the employee because they know theyre valued, and its better for upper management because we don't have to get bogged down with tasks outside of our purview.

I would venture to guess there isn't a very good training program in place and policy varies region to region. We see stories of people all the time where their SA is pinging their car in transit and providing all manner of information. And then other accounts where the SA is basically a potato that's irritated it has to talk to anyone at all.

I feel like Tesla should be penalized/fined for falsely advertising delivery dates on their site. They still have June being advertised as the earliest in the delivery range. That’s unethical at the least.
I agree its unethical, but only if its intentional. I'm not giving Tesla the benefit of the doubt here, but my guess is the team putting EDD dates on the website aren't in daily meetings with the production management. They just aren't as organized as they should be for a company of that size. And if it was malicious, theyd wiggle out of it by demonstrating that they did indeed deliver cars to someone within the shown timeframe from order. As long as its "possible" its probably not actionable at least legally speaking.

Reactions: julit0
Interesting info. Thanks for posting that.

I think my feelings on Tesla / the SA experience is that this is an issue of leadership. They simply don't give the SA's enough information or enough authority. Its short sighted IMO. We train our employees to have the answers and give them the authority to take action for our customers without having to escalate things or involve someone higher up. Its better for the customer, its better for the employee because they know theyre valued, and its better for upper management because we don't have to get bogged down with tasks outside of our purview.

I would venture to guess there isn't a very good training program in place and policy varies region to region. We see stories of people all the time where their SA is pinging their car in transit and providing all manner of information. And then other accounts where the SA is basically a potato that's irritated it has to talk to anyone at all.
Also if they revealed too much about how they deliver cars it could upset people because we all know they don’t do it by first come first serve.

Also if they revealed too much about how they deliver cars it could upset people because we all know they don’t do it by first come first serve.
So true. Their system is about maximizing quarterly earnings. Its not a surprise and I get it from a business standpoint. But its tougher to defend than "we dont know and we can't do anything about it."

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
FYI - I’ve been watching the used tesla market as well to see if any unicorns pop up (low mileage and right price). I’ve seen a few with FSD being shown in the pics of the screen in the car only to find out from the owner that it’s subscription and not actually purchased (ie transferable to a new owner). Seems like some owners out there are selling their cars for a profit and trying to trick naïve people who don’t know it’s subscription and doesn’t transfer and can be fooled into paying more.

Exhibit A: this ad shows a pic with FSD in the pics but after asking the owner it’s only subscription based… Autotrader - page unavailable

Bottom line: be careful out there if you get impatient and decide to look for “almost new” M3’s.

Reactions: Brou
I feel like Tesla should be penalized/fined for falsely advertising delivery dates on their site. They still have June being advertised as the earliest in the delivery range. That’s unethical at the least.
It is quite strange, like a bait and switch. faulty business model in my opinion. I am not upset and was very polite on the phone, more flys with honey type thing. They have a bunch of people wanting the vehicles as they are the top of the game right now. as soon as other options become readily available I believe their customer base will shrink if this type of practice continues. Heck im not emotionally attached to the car. I will ride it out until the loan lock expires but will most likely pass after that. I can pay cash but with the way things are going id rather have the cash in the bank especially with a low interest rate. who knows what rates will be like in August.