Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the same response when I jumped the train with everyone else and asked what headlight it came with. Never knew until I had to go find out myself on delivery day and it had the eyeball. They only said the SC will let me know, and I even asked five hours before getting there.

Also pro-tips from my DD to share with you all:
  • I came at 4:30 and my appointment was at 5:30. You can definitely go and pick it up earlier if you want, they'll pull you to now. Only did this on DD, I do not know about doing it a day earlier. Of course that depends on the SC.
  • Thoroughly inspect the car before you go in and confirm delivery. I peaked inside and out and I didn't see anything abnormal. I also happen to find the car really easily since it was parked next to the showroom entrance
  • Because I got a rejected vehicle, I claimed a vehicle with the free charger inside (a bummer because I spent $400 on the Wall Connector, but oh well. Emergencies may happen)
I'll share some pics after work.
Yeah i should be getting a charger but i bought a wall charger anyways. For 400 bucks the convenience over 5+ years is totally worth it to me. I don’t want to have to pack up my charger every day because I don’t want to be without it

My EDD now reads 6/15-6/26. Ugh! it's moving the wrong way!
OD: 5/7
Switched: 6/6
My view is it needed to narrow down. it’ll still drop down to more like a 4-day Window, which means the earlier date will move right some…but maybe also the right date moves in, too. I think we’re on a good trajectory.

On another note. How many of you are first time owners?

I wonder if current owners get priority on their EDD?
technically I’m not. I was going to order my M3P early May but found one almost identical config at a dealership locally with only 1,600 miles on it. Advertised with FSD for 72k. Traded my car in and bought it only to find out after transferring the car to my Tesla account that it didn’t have FSD and they weren’t willing to give me the difference back. Gave the car back to the dealership and ordered with Tesla but they already processed my trade, so I’m without a car until my order arrives. And I ordered when I still had the other car so I don’t think it helps

I placed my fist order in March of 2016 for a Model 3. Received it March 2018 (2 weeks shy of 2 years). Silver Long range Rear wheel drive with full UV glass. This is a pre-10k VIN so it was one of the fist few thousand that went to customers. I will say that car is absolutely flawless. If I recall correctly it was one of the early hand built units. No suede roof though. 108k miles so far. My original battery was 310 Miles. Current full charge I get 301 miles.

I ordered my new M3P on 5/27. My SA said I should receive the car by 6/25. Incredibly quick turn around time.

Last edited:
I placed my fist order in March of 2016 for a Model 3. Received it March 2018 (2 weeks shy of 2 years). Silver Long range Rear wheel drive with full UV glass. This is a pre-10k VIN so it was one of the fist few thousand that went to customers. I will say that car is absolutely flawless. If I recall correctly it was one of the early hand build units. No suede roof though. 108k miles so far. My original battery was 310 Miles. Current full charge I get 301 miles.

I ordered my new M3P on 5/27. My SA said I should receive the car by 6/25. Incredibly quick turn around time.
That’s amazing your range is basically held steady after all those miles. Any tips on how your charging habits ?

Reactions: julit0
Well this is good to know! I thought that my DD would adjust when I changed my configuration. I'm going on 68 days and counting since my OD. Hoping for some good news soon.
LOL my Original order date is 4/14 switched to m3p 5/5 now in July to August window longer then M3LR hahahaha. This process has made come to realize how Kermit the Frog felt "It's not easy being Green" hahahaha