Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received some terrible news. I'm sorry for possibly ruining your day/weekend.

I ordered a Black/Black Model 3 Performance end of October (around 25th).

Like many others, my delivery times changed close to 10 times since then. I check the portal at least twice a day. My earliest window was end of November and I scrambled to get a charger installed at that time.

My delivery window changed 3 times this week. Yesterday was "5-9 weeks from order" and this morning it was Dec 18-23. I was very happy.

I've been trying to get some information from my SA about why the delivery window keeps moving around. Today (after waiting a week for a reply), I was informed from my SA there will be no more Model 3 Performance built until March at the earliest! The portal STILL says Dec 18-23 right now.

Needless to say I'm very upset. I can't wait until April-May-June? to get my car. I had to wait three hours to cool off enough to write something. I'm seeing what I can do get my money back and reimbursed for the electrical work, wall connector, etc... Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Sorry again. But, I had to share the pain.

• Disagree
Reactions: _MSR_

Like many others, my delivery times changed close to 10 times since then. I check the portal at least twice a day. My earliest window was end of November and I scrambled to get a charger installed at that time.

My delivery window changed 3 times this week. Yesterday was "5-9 weeks from order" and this morning it was Dec 18-23. I was very happy.

I've been trying to get some information from my SA about why the delivery window keeps moving around. Today (after waiting a week for a reply), I was informed from my SA there will be no more Model 3 Performance built until March at the earliest! The portal STILL says Dec 18-23 right now.

Needless to say I'm very upset. I can't wait until April-May-June? to get my car. I had to wait three hours to cool off enough to write something. I'm seeing what I can do get my money back and reimbursed for the electrical work, wall connector, etc... Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

I would take that with a grain of salt and it's definitely going to need corroboration.

You just created an account to tell us this? Seems very odd. Where are you located? I would be very skeptical that Tesla isn’t making more performance models this year. If so, they are certainly going to lose a lot of customers.

Reactions: dalton108 and srk67
For me, this is how my current status looks after the last two steps were completed - namely paying the car in full (not sure why it still says "please pay off your remaining balance" when the balance is already zero), and uploading the proof of insurance.

I was told that my car should arrive at the Kansas City Service Center on Dec 27, and then it still might take a few days to get it delivered to my door (depending on the third party carrier availability).

ti5HxOd.png

You just created an account to tell us this? Seems very odd. Where are you located? I would be very skeptical that Tesla isn’t making more performance models this year. If so, they are certainly going to lose a lot of customers.

I read the forum everyday and you don't need an account for that. I figured this was important enough to share, that's why I created an account to post a message. I'm in Toronto, Canada.

I really hope my SA is wrong. Apparently, this news came from the "Fremont Factory". I'll let you know if I get any more information.

Was literally told, just yesterday, that I've been soft matched with a car M3P that is supposed to be arriving in Las Vegas around 12/24. Both cannot be true. We will know soon enough.

The scheduling system knows what cars are being built. The fact that it took away the vague "X to Y weeks" and returned many of us to a specific estimated delivery window is an indication that based on production it has a better idea of when vehicles are going to be delivered to us individually. I'm going to put more faith in that than, "rando SA says stuff that's inconsistent with everything Tesla is telling its customers generally, is I'n direct conflict with its stated goals and is also completely inconsistent with past behavior."

Also, as my SA mentioned yesterday, "obviously it's going to be tight but we're doing the promotion to get additional people to accept deliveries because we have the capacity."

Again, we shall see.

I think your SA means there are no more M3P available in Canada, and there's no way they'd be able to build and ship them to you this quarter when they still have backorders in the US to fill.

Was that the earliest date available for you? Did you get a text or did you have to call in to prompt them to send you one?

I haven’t gotten a text yet but my next steps changed, I think...
“Next Steps
  • We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery.
  • Prepare to drive and charge your Tesla by completing the Meet Your Tesla overview
earliest date was 12/29 at 11am. however, it probably will come earlier than that. they reached out to me. yours is a little different than mine but that might be how we are paying for our cars. forgive me if I asked this or you answered this, is this your first Tesla? that might be why you have the meet your Tesla overview.

earliest date was 12/29 at 11am. however, it probably will come earlier than that. they reached out to me. yours is a little different than mine but that might be how we are paying for our cars. forgive me if I asked this or you answered this, is this your first Tesla? that might be why you have the meet your Tesla overview.

Yeah it’s my first one. I’m financing through Tesla. No trade in. Your date was a day earlier than mine so I’m hoping that I’ll get a text to schedule by tomorrow at some point.

well for you sorry you got that news, however I would take it with a grain of salt like someone else stated. however, it could have some truth to it. as the first of each quarters builds goes overseas. and we know M3P are built early for overseas and then the process starts again. but that doesn't mean all delivers over here stop. now, with you being in Canada, i would look around for a inventory car possibly to take delivery sooner. im not sure how Tesla handles that far as state car going to Canada. But I know they built a large batch of them recently. you could still get a car or the car may be on its way already and you get matched to soon. either way I think you will get a car as you order well in advance to get one. things happen, but I wouldn't believe that SA. Just like my SA told me that free supercharging was only for *new customer(first time Tesla owners) when in fact its for everyone that takes delivery between 12/12-12/31 even employees.

• Love
Reactions: dalton108
Yeah it’s my first one. I’m financing through Tesla. No trade in. Your date was a day earlier than mine so I’m hoping that I’ll get a text to schedule by tomorrow at some point.
ahh thats why yours shows different I think. Tesla has changed a lot stuff since my first time. we didn't get all that stuff you guys get now. once you downloaded the app you could see the basic video and it was only a few back then, like how to unlock and lock, the Frunk and how to begin driving. lol. hopefully you get your scheduling date soon. if it helps, my contact told me they normally reach out within 3 days of the VIN. but again thats not for everyone and/or every situation.

I read the forum everyday and you don't need an account for that. I figured this was important enough to share, that's why I created an account to post a message. I'm in Toronto, Canada.

I really hope my SA is wrong. Apparently, this news came from the "Fremont Factory". I'll let you know if I get any more information.

Sorry, my earlier message wasn’t meant to be snarky. Anyway, yes, i think your SA must have meant availability for Canada. Like others said, there is no way they could ship them on schedule to hit their Q4 delivery window.

Hey guys! I ordered my m3p 11/20. I live in Los Angeles. My portal initially said 4-6 weeks when ordered and now displays 12/20-12/31 as expected delivery. Still no VIN or contact regarding a firm delivery date.

do any of you know when LA will be receiving there next batch of cars?

I haven’t had a service advisor reach out to me since my order but have all steps completed in my portal.

thanks!

ahh thats why yours shows different I think. Tesla has changed a lot stuff since my first time. we didn't get all that stuff you guys get now. once you downloaded the app you could see the basic video and it was only a few back then, like how to unlock and lock, the Frunk and how to begin driving. lol. hopefully you get your scheduling date soon. if it helps, my contact told me they normally reach out within 3 days of the VIN. but again thats not for everyone and/or every situation.

Who sets that up? The dealer or Tesla?

Hey guys! I ordered my m3p 11/20. I live in Los Angeles. My portal initially said 4-6 weeks when ordered and now displays 12/20-12/31 as expected delivery. Still no VIN or contact regarding a firm delivery date.

do any of you know when LA will be receiving there next batch of cars?

I haven’t had a service advisor reach out to me since my order but have all steps completed in my portal.

thanks!

Not much movement in socal yet, i'm taking delivery out of burbank and still no VIN.