Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All about when you order and how difficult it is for Tesla to get you the car. If you order beginning of the quarter and are far away, then you’re probably going to wait a little while. But basically it’s factoring in time, cost, and revenue recognition.
Idk. I am close to the factory, ordered mid April. And got pushed out to August. Then they guy in Texas orders 6/1 and gets a vin 13 days later. Makes no sense

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
For those who changed their order from M3LR to M3P, how long did it take to get a new EDD? I ordered M3LR on 5/12 and changed the order to M3P on 6/12. The app still shows the old EDD.
Refer to my timeline here (I erased my sig but conserved by EDD progression in my phone):

June 4 - Switched from LR to P retaining the EDD of 8/11-9/22
June 5 - Received a new EDD of 6/18-6/30 (12-day window)
June 5 - Got a VIN (which was rejected) 264xxx with a new EDD of 6/7-6/13
June 6 - Scheduled delivery for 6/11 at 5:30 PM
June 11 - Picked up an hour early at 4:30 PM

My timeline isn't really helpful as again I got a rejected VIN and supposedly the SA said it was in transit from Fremont with a build date of May 2022.
is there any downside for paying ahead of time. The Down payment
You pretty much would be paying without inspecting the vehicle first. When I saw that nothing was wrong with my M3P I proceeded to do the loaning stuff and down payment and took the car happy. That's why I am recommending that you should inspect first before you pull the trigger. Once you take it there's *probably* no going back.
I too thought about maintenance on a hybrid, but wasn’t worth it. Cancelled my x5 45e order. Will just be my MSLR and M3P now.
I wanted to go for the Camry Hybrid, but regardless I still have to drop money on gas. I want no gas. I want to happily charge and worry less about forever increasing gas prices. That's why I convinced myself to get an M3. I still have a Highlander though but that's just for large trips. Maybe it'll be traded in for an MY.

Anyone getting ppf done? What’s the consensus is it worth getting got quote for 5800 clear xpel ultimate and 6800 for stealth with has a matte finish
Hey....You don't need to do the whole car. My experienced suggestion to you is to do the front bumper, full hood, partial or full front fenders and rockers. That should be between $1600-1800. Do the regular gloss, not the matte stealth. Stealth is easier to care for.

Reactions: julit0
How did you know your VIN was a "rejected" one?
Well it's simple. Right now the VINs are at the 290s. I got a 264 one during the 280s-290s range and the build month was in May. And I only switched my order in June. Either Fremont had a left over M3P waiting for someone else to take it or the SA lied and it was simply at the dealer abandoned by the other owner for whatever their reason is.

Reactions: julit0
I’m within my seven (7) days of EDD. They need to text me my delivery schedule!
I'm 6 days from my earliest EDD, but based on what some are experiencing I can't even complain about not having a delivery scheduled. Things could be so much worse.

I have someone coming to install my 14-50 plug Friday so at least I'll be able to play with my charger. 😂

I'm 6 days from my earliest EDD, but based on what some are experiencing I can't even complain about not having a delivery scheduled. Things could be so much worse.

I have someone coming to install my 14-50 plug Friday so at least I'll be able to play with my charger. 😂
Did you get a text yet that ur vehicle has departed from the factory? I did last Friday so I should be soon!