Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ladies and gentleman, it's been a long time waiting for nearly 3 months but I think I'm about to graduate from this thread. Just got my VIN assigned as of tonight 6/14!! Let's GO! VIN number in the 295XXX range which means fresh off the Fremont factory.

1655265150380.png

Ladies and gentleman, it's been a long time waiting for nearly 3 months but I think I'm about to graduate from this thread. Just got my VIN assigned as of tonight 6/14!! Let's GO! VIN number in the 295XXX range which means fresh off the Fremont factory.

View attachment 816796
My man!!! Wooooooot! So help me if mine isn’t next! Was it text/email or just app?

View attachment 816796
Why are some folks waiting 3mo, is it location? I just placed my order today, and my window in June-August. SoCal

Reactions: jsordelet
My man!!! Wooooooot! So help me if mine isn’t next! Was it text/email or just app?
I was trying to check my app at the usual time at night then I suddenly noticed Tesla app requesting for Bluetooth permission. Then I noticed in the upper left corner a VIN was assigned to me so be sure to check your app request for Bluetooth permission for a nail in the coffin that you got a VIN!

Why are some folks waiting 3mo, is it location? I just placed my order today, and my window in June-August. SoCal
All about when you order and how difficult it is for Tesla to get you the car. If you order beginning of the quarter and are far away, then you’re probably going to wait a little while. But basically it’s factoring in time, cost, and revenue recognition.

Reactions: t8ness

View attachment 816796
We must be good luck for each other. I remember hitting you up cause our EDDs were the exact same. Congrats!

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
I think a lot of complex factors are at play here that's hard to nail down as a primary cause. But I certainly think it's related to the continuous supply shortage and lockdown in Shanghai that caused Tesla a huge hit in their delivery timing for Q2 orders. And based on the countless posts that are found in this thread, you know that Tesla at the last month of the quarter pushes out orders at the furthest location first then slowly inward towards the Fremont factory. So for West coasters still waiting for your orders, I'm sure yours is coming soon!

Reactions: t8ness
Anyone else with a 299 VIN?
Using that Google Sheet - I see more that VIN numbers aren't very indicative of lateness - it really may come down to Build date which will be stamped on the car's door jamb...for instance these three were M3 SR+ from 2019
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 21.44.02.png

Where as mine w/ 277,xxx shows I am in the same ball park as quite a few VINs.(2x 3Ps and the rest were LRs) not all the same color either.
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 21.47.48.png

Using that Google Sheet - I see more that VIN numbers aren't very indicative of lateness - it really may come down to Build date which will be stamped on the car's door jamb...for instance these three were M3 SR+ from 2019
View attachment 816818

Where as mine w/ 277,xxx shows I am in the same ball park as quite a few VINs.(2x 3Ps and the rest were LRs) not all the same color either.
View attachment 816819
This is a good find! Based on the current trend of VIN assignments, I'm guessing 295,XXX is a good range to guess that it's the most recent VIN range.

Reactions: julit0
View attachment 816818

View attachment 816819
You have a link to that spreadsheet?

This post
Thanks. Just added my info even though I can't actually open the doc. I guess it's best used on a computer--I'll check it out later today.

*Edit: nevermind, it loads right away if I use Google Sheets app.