Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all.. I ordered my M3P MSM on 6/12. I already got my third party financing check ready Through NFCU. So…Is there anything I’m supposed to be doing here now or just sit tight and wait for this vin to show up? On the app my delivery task is at the “Schedule” block unchecked. Eta showing July 24 - Aug 21. Fingers crossed it moves back up to early July.

Eastcoast virginia resident.

Hey all.. I ordered my M3P MSM on 6/12. I already got my third party financing check ready Through NFCU. So…Is there anything I’m supposed to be doing here now or just sit tight and wait for this vin to show up? On the app my delivery task is at the “Schedule” block unchecked. Eta showing July 24 - Aug 21. Fingers crossed it moves back up to early July.

Eastcoast virginia resident.
Key for your tasks in the app is to see Green Circled Check Marks for complete. Registration / Trade-In / Financing. For Financing, you have two options…A) Leave as “cash” for now, until you get your VIN, or B) fill in the Financing you intend to do. It’ll ask you how much you are financing - then it determines your needed down payment to account for the remainder, state tax, registration and such…once it does that, it’ll populate your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) with your finances and should go complete from there.

I recommend you leave it as Cash until you get your VIN - and then switch it. It may give you time to really figure how much you want to finance vs pay at Delivery. You can read up on how to make your final payment at delivery - but I did an ACH Transfer using Routing # / Account # - so I didn’t have a cashiers check. I just did the ACH transfer for the Down (no limit) and filled out my NFCU Promissory note with VIN and finance amount - and don’t forget to sign both sides of it.

If you have a trade-in - that will also effect your finances and MVPA. You can either put that in now (but it’s probably too early as you will put too many more miles on your car before your M3P arrives)…or put no trade-in to complete the task. You will still get a “do you have a trade in” text from Tesla when it comes closer to getting your VIN assigned. You can put it in then. It’ll take a few days for Tesla to give you an offer - but you need to then accept or reject Tesla’s offer quickly, as your trade-in is also put in the MVPA.

Your schedule tab should look like this for now:
B5DE1496-06EA-4203-878E-EC6CEB2524FC.jpeg

Key for your tasks in the app is to see Green Circled Check Marks for complete. Registration / Trade-In / Financing. For Financing, you have two options…A) Leave as “cash” for now, until you get your VIN, or B) fill in the Financing you intend to do. It’ll ask you how much you are financing - then it determines your needed down payment to account for the remainder, state tax, registration and such…once it does that, it’ll populate your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) with your finances and should go complete from there.

I recommend you leave it as Cash until you get your VIN - and then switch it. It may give you time to really figure how much you want to finance vs pay at Delivery. You can read up on how to make your final payment at delivery - but I did an ACH Transfer using Routing # / Account # - so I didn’t have a cashiers check. I just did the ACH transfer for the Down (no limit) and filled out my NFCU Promissory note with VIN and finance amount - and don’t forget to sign both sides of it.

If you have a trade-in - that will also effect your finances and MVPA. You can either put that in now (but it’s probably too early as you will put too many more miles on your car before your M3P arrives)…or put no trade-in to complete the task. You will still get a “do you have a trade in” text from Tesla when it comes closer to getting your VIN assigned. You can put it in then. It’ll take a few days for Tesla to give you an offer - but you need to then accept or reject Tesla’s offer quickly, as your trade-in is also put in the MVPA.

Your schedule tab should look like this for now:
View attachment 823285
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Reactions: t-rex266 and julit0
I started by ordering a M3LR, and switched to the M3P a week later. Since that time my 'Estimated Delivery' date has remained 'Jun - Aug'. Reading through the forum it seems like most of you have received a more detailed estimation.

Order Date 6/05/2022 M3LR -- Estimated Delivery: Sep - Dec

Switched to MP3 6/11/2022 -- Estimated Delivery: Jun - Aug

White/Black interior, no FSD
Austin Texas

Am I the only one stuck in the 'Jun - Aug' window?

On this calculator it has a section in the electric vehicle part that indicates 3.5 miles per kWhr. Does Tesla m3p fall in that range? I’m trying to see what the savings is between my current vehicle and the electric. I know the other info but not what that is. Thanks. Figured May as well focus on something besides ctrl F for a week lol

The date range for my M3P was pushed back 3 days on the front end but shortened 4 days on the back end (was 7/24-8/28, now 7/27 - 8/24). What goes into these sort of changes? It’s all mind games.
Completely an algorithm and unfortunately means very little. They may call you tomorrow and say come get your car. They may push you out a month. My only real question is, is part of the algorithm to move it around and keep the customer engaged. Any of these Waiting Room threads are full of people hyper focused on the EDD. Is that by accident or some human science Tesla found.

Completely an algorithm and unfortunately means very little. They may call you tomorrow and say come get your car. They may push you out a month. My only real question is, is part of the algorithm to move it around and keep the customer engaged. Any of these Waiting Room threads are full of people hyper focused on the EDD. Is that by accident or some human science Tesla found.
Nope we went full retard on edd lol

I’m thinking the RN is tied to the consumer’s geo area and vehicle config coupled with factory scheduling and readjusts as time goes on. Also, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the date range changed the first day of the quarter. But your theory makes total sense. I can see Tesla using it to keep people engaged.

I started by ordering a M3LR, and switched to the M3P a week later. Since that time my 'Estimated Delivery' date has remained 'Jun - Aug'. Reading through the forum it seems like most of you have received a more detailed estimation.

Order Date 6/05/2022 M3LR -- Estimated Delivery: Sep - Dec

Switched to MP3 6/11/2022 -- Estimated Delivery: Jun - Aug

White/Black interior, no FSD
Austin Texas

Am I the only one stuck in the 'Jun - Aug' window?
Have you completed all your pre-delivery tasks? If you haven’t completed financing, just check cash for now. You can change it later. Also Trade-in - say now and change it when Tesla asks if you have a trade. I did that night one of my order placement and next day I had a 6-week window.

Hello all,

Most of you don't know me since I stopped posting here shortly after I received my vehicle about a month ago. I want to stop in and give a few bits of info for those waiting on their cars.

Don't trust the mileage estimates. These are generally wrong. I just switched mine to percentage instead of mileage and charge when I get low enough. The price of electricity (as of right now) is still much cheaper than the price of gas. I'm also not affecting the environment as much, so that's a bonus.

With all the horror stories of curb rash, I have yet to curb my wheels. I live in GA with generally good roads and I don't drive as much, so YMMV.

The fit and finish of my vehicle is still good. No rattles or squeaks have developed. I'm still really happy with the vehicle.

Now on to some bad news. My insurance policy is set to renew next month and it's going up... wait for it... about $2000 over a six month policy. I currently have Progressive. I called them and they basically told me Tesla + teenage boys on policy = you're screwed. There was nothing else they could do to lower the policy. If I paid monthly without taking their pay-in-advance discount, my policy would cost me more than my mortgage. As it is, I owe them over $5500 in the next couple of days. I even called my previous policy holder, GEICO, and they could not provide anything better. They even confirmed the insurance companies base your policy on a worst-case scenario (Tesla plus teenage boys). Even though my sons are NOT going to be driving this car. Something to think about before purchasing. I know some people don't have kids or you may live in a cheaper state.

If you have any other random questions let me know and I'll answer as I can. The wait is worth it. Hang in there.
That is an insane amount of Insurance premium, I got my M3P a week back and when I added my car to the existing Progressive insurance which had still 4 months for the next renewal, my insurance went up just by $309. Not a big jump, probably because I am 50+ with no accident history. I have a teenage driver too, though she is not the primary driver on the Tesla. Now I am worried how much it will go up on renewal in October.

Reactions: jessepotter